U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2016, 04:21 PM

3,533 posts, read 1,513,328 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadgerFilms View Post
Oh shut up. You know if a Muslim does the same thing you'd criticise them like crazy. And don't deny it, because I do myself. I criticise all religious fanatics who take their religion to serious and use it to be prejudiced to oppressed groups. Enough with this "belief" nonsense. Believe what you want but don't tell me I'm going to hell because I prefer sausage over ham.
Wow!!! lol. "Don't deny it because I do it myself" (So if YOU do something, clearly everyone else does it too). ".........who takes their religion too seriously" (So YOU get to choose what's "serious enough" and "too serious"). LOL!!!!!! Hilarious!!! Why you're taking someone else's belief or non belief in God so personally is a bit strange. Says more about you than them. Through your anger and wording, the religious hatred and bigotry is loud and clear.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2016, 04:30 PM

3,533 posts, read 1,513,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
I don't think Chick Fil-A is that bigoted. Now all the people who supported Mike Huckabee's Chick-Fil-A Appreciation Day on the other hand...
Having a different opinion doesn't make anyone a bigot. I like Chick-fil-a, Ben and Jerry's; all of those places. I'm an Independent Conservative. I don't care if I don't agree with everything each company stands for, we all have a right to our beliefs. If we say we're going to be "tolerant", it's got to work both ways, not just when we're being agreed with. I just wish we could all enjoy restaurants, concerts, shopping, doing business, etc. without injecting politics into every freakin' area of life and thinking we all HAVE to think and agree a certain way or we'll take our ball and go home. Just agree to disagree and let's just enjoy life together.

Old 07-27-2016, 05:46 PM

1,244 posts, read 820,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by march2 View Post
Having a different opinion doesn't make anyone a bigot. I like Chick-fil-a, Ben and Jerry's; all of those places. I'm an Independent Conservative. I don't care if I don't agree with everything each company stands for, we all have a right to our beliefs. If we say we're going to be "tolerant", it's got to work both ways, not just when we're being agreed with. I just wish we could all enjoy restaurants, concerts, shopping, doing business, etc. without injecting politics into every freakin' area of life and thinking we all HAVE to think and agree a certain way or we'll take our ball and go home. Just agree to disagree and let's just enjoy life together.
Very very well said!

Old 07-29-2016, 09:48 AM

5,047 posts, read 4,084,313 times
Lower crime, more cultural opportunities for black people, better interstate and highway infrastructure.

Old 07-29-2016, 10:35 AM

1,085 posts, read 1,345,615 times
Going by the Census Bureau regions, the Midwest is the only region that doesn't have the ocean (we still have beaches though thanks to the Great Lakes).

Old 07-29-2016, 01:16 PM

5,991 posts, read 8,310,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CurlyFries View Post
Going by the Census Bureau regions, the Midwest is the only region that doesn't have the ocean (we still have beaches though thanks to the Great Lakes).
Yeah, an ocean would be cool, but the ocean-like lakes aren't a bad consolation, so I'd wish that Superior dipped down as far as MSP. Otherwise I envy mountains a little, and although I don't necessarily envy the climate in other cities, I envy that other cities aren't as cold as long as it is in MSP. If there were others like MSP or even colder, I'd be A-O-K with the climate in MSP, well......maybe shorten winter by a month and lengthen summer. Luckily/amazingly, at least one of my wishes will probably come true within my lifetime (knocks on wood).

Old 07-30-2016, 04:39 PM

868 posts, read 871,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by march2 View Post
It's one thing to have different opinions and tolerate those differences, its a completely different thing to have to tolerate bigotry, racism, and people actively working to make your life worse. I am not saying that you are doing any of the above, but companies like Chick-Fil-a donate thousands, if not millions of dollars to actively push their hypocritical religious morals on society. It is money from organizations like theirs that helps fund politicians that make life difficult for the LGBT community, and even women in some cases. It is not intolerance to call that out, and it is not intolerance to boycott those organizations.

I, and many others, choose not to financial support morally corrupt organization like theirs. Every time you buy there, whether you agree with what they do or not, you support their agenda. Just like every time you donate money to the Catholic Church, you support the spread of HIV/AIDS in Africa through the Catholics church's mission to suppress the use of condoms there.

Old 07-30-2016, 05:08 PM

721 posts, read 298,292 times
I'm jealous of the public transit system in places like NYC because I hate driving.

Old 07-30-2016, 05:19 PM

1,244 posts, read 820,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astorian31 View Post
It's one thing to have different opinions and tolerate those differences, its a completely different thing to have to tolerate bigotry, racism, and people actively working to make your life worse. I am not saying that you are doing any of the above, but companies like Chick-Fil-a donate thousands, if not millions of dollars to actively push their hypocritical religious morals on society. It is money from organizations like theirs that helps fund politicians that make life difficult for the LGBT community, and even women in some cases. It is not intolerance to call that out, and it is not intolerance to boycott those organizations.

I, and many others, choose not to financial support morally corrupt organization like theirs. Every time you buy there, whether you agree with what they do or not, you support their agenda. Just like every time you donate money to the Catholic Church, you support the spread of HIV/AIDS in Africa through the Catholics church's mission to suppress the use of condoms there.
Wow...one sided much? Why don't you research and mention all the good Chick Fil A and the Catholic Church does before going on your moronic rant?

Old 07-30-2016, 05:50 PM

868 posts, read 871,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gt87 View Post
Wow...one sided much? Why don't you research and mention all the good Chick Fil A and the Catholic Church does before going on your moronic rant?
Thus argument would hold some water if Chick Fil A and the Catholic Church were the only ones doing good deeds in the world. But they are not. Other corporations adn organization perform the exact same function without the negatives. There's no reason to support them or defend them. Though, in the case of the Catholic Church, they do more harm than good. You should research the millions of people they've killed in the past half century alone, by doing things like propping up war lords in Africa and helping them to purge the continent of the non-converting or those "living in sin."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or