U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2016, 12:46 AM

6,060 posts, read 3,383,155 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecarebear View Post
That is one big misconception about NC. That it doesn't get hot or humid in the mountains. I've been in the TN,GA,NC, and SC mountains and experienced incredible heat and humidity.
True, but there's also summer days in Gatlinburg where the low is in the 60s where in the rest of the south its over 75.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2016, 09:35 AM

6,127 posts, read 6,446,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadgerFilms View Post
I dunno why you want outdoorsy but no snow. No snow or humidity limits you to just the California coast. Some of the outdoorsiest places get snow in the winter, like Colorado, Minnesota or Michigan. You can also try Oregon or Washington which aren't humid in summer but are overcast for much of the year with light rainy days aplenty.

If you're really outdoorsy though, you won't avoid going outside cuz of snow. Snow means winter hikes, skiing, and cold weather in general opens up possibilities of ice skating.

My personal pick for myself is Minnesota. Warm but not too hot in summer, perfect for camping as its cool enough to sleep at night comfortably. Winters that allow for Canadian-type winter activities that are unavailable in much of the country due to inconsistent ice or snow. For you, west coast. Oregon is an outdoorsy paradise.
I've heard horror stories about the mosquitoes, though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or