U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-07-2016, 08:10 AM
 
Location: New York City
1,254 posts, read 1,103,112 times
Reputation: 1027

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simpsonvilllian View Post
greenville sc
No...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-07-2016, 08:25 AM
 
Location: Greenville SC 'Waterfall City'
7,601 posts, read 4,033,357 times
Reputation: 2933
how does a person in the bronx know about greenville. seem like a lot of people on here who act like experts on greenville, a city they never been to or lived in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-07-2016, 09:06 AM
 
Location: Pittsburgh, PA (Morningside)
12,460 posts, read 11,967,021 times
Reputation: 10567
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simpsonvilllian View Post
how does a person in the bronx know about greenville. seem like a lot of people on here who act like experts on greenville, a city they never been to or lived in.
The downtown area seems relatively well preserved and walkable for a midsized/smaller city. None of the residential areas of the city which are close to downtown look urban however. Compare this to say Lancaster PA and the difference is quite clear.

Last edited by eschaton; 08-07-2016 at 09:20 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-07-2016, 09:14 AM
 
Location: Greenville SC 'Waterfall City'
7,601 posts, read 4,033,357 times
Reputation: 2933
ok i dunno what u mean by urban residential area. there are neighborhoods near downtown. plus a ton of high rise condo and apartments on Main Street and nearby. i would say the n'hoods off North Main, Cleveland Street, Augusta Street look urban enough.

i looked at nonsence's post history and he had a post in which he included Gville as one of the best downtowns in the south. it seems he contradicted himself in his post above.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-07-2016, 09:31 AM
 
Location: New York City
1,254 posts, read 1,103,112 times
Reputation: 1027
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simpsonvilllian View Post
ok i dunno what u mean by urban residential area. there are neighborhoods near downtown. plus a ton of high rise condo and apartments on Main Street and nearby. i would say the n'hoods off North Main, Cleveland Street, Augusta Street look urban enough.

i looked at nonsence's post history and he had a post in which he included Gville as one of the best downtowns in the south. it seems he contradicted himself in his post above.
Never.. lol

Charleston and Columbia, SC have better downtowns than Greenville. Facts..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-07-2016, 09:45 AM
 
Location: Greenville SC 'Waterfall City'
7,601 posts, read 4,033,357 times
Reputation: 2933
Ok, i looked again, and you were responding to a person who listed several southern cites that should have been included and he included Greenville, and you did not mention Gville in your response.

Saying Columbia and Charleston have better downtowns is an opinion, not facts. i'm skeptical you've been to any of them, especially Greenville.

you don't see to many people say Columbia's is better than Greenville's. Greenville's is athestically much better and has a 30 foot drop waterfall right on Main Street.

Gville is much better than the Bronx. Fact.. that is about the last place i would live, along with Newark which you suggested above.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-07-2016, 05:52 PM
 
56,805 posts, read 81,149,048 times
Reputation: 12563
Besides row houses, is there another form of housing that could used in terms of residential urbanity?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-07-2016, 06:00 PM
 
Location: Minneapolis
2,331 posts, read 3,061,889 times
Reputation: 3925
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
Besides row houses, is there another form of housing that could used in terms of residential urbanity?
I think walkup apartment buildings are another way to go, if they are numerous enough that they dominate a neighborhood, then the neighborhood is pretty urban.


This is an example from Minneapolis, but you also see them in other Midwestern cities too:

https://www.google.com/maps/@44.9652...8i6656!6m1!1e1
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-07-2016, 06:01 PM
 
Location: New York City
1,254 posts, read 1,103,112 times
Reputation: 1027
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simpsonvilllian View Post
Ok, i looked again, and you were responding to a person who listed several southern cites that should have been included and he included Greenville, and you did not mention Gville in your response.

Saying Columbia and Charleston have better downtowns is an opinion, not facts. i'm skeptical you've been to any of them, especially Greenville.

you don't see to many people say Columbia's is better than Greenville's. Greenville's is athestically much better and has a 30 foot drop waterfall right on Main Street.

Gville is much better than the Bronx. Fact.. that is about the last place i would live, along with Newark which you suggested above.
The Bronx blows anything in South Carolina outta the water. You're just scared to come here that's all. This isn't the 80's anymore the Bronx looks great now. Matter of fact I'm about to make a thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-07-2016, 06:07 PM
 
Location: Greenville SC 'Waterfall City'
7,601 posts, read 4,033,357 times
Reputation: 2933
ok you also compared Greenville SC to Rocky Mountain NC though, after stating you had been to Greenville.

i think most people would prefer to live in SC, if only for the warmer winters.

i'm glad you like the Bronx though, i don't get annoyed if a person likes where they live. that's your thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top