Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2016, 01:03 AM

2,693 posts, read 3,186,336 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Facts Kill Rhetoric View Post
Pretty great so far. The Ozarks and Ouachita ranges are incredible places for the outdoors, like I mentioned, we brought gliders and parachutes and we used them the past couple of days in areas where we could legally with high elevation. The day before yesterday we drove south to Arkansas and hiked to Whitaker's Point and then left to head back north to Saint Louis at night. Yesterday we started to explore Saint Louis. We're still in Saint Louis right now and will head to Kansas City the day after tomorrow.

So far we've seen Forest Park, then the war collection and Japanese culture art exhibitions at the Saint Louis Art Museum, then went to the Science Center and watched Live Sky Tonight and Mr. Hubble's Universe back-to-back, toured some other collections there. After that we went and explored Downtown by foot, have done the must-see visit to the Arch in downtown along the Mississippi River. In an hour or so we're leaving to take a look around the metropolitan area, to look at some architecture, some of the neighborhoods and suburbs of the city, and then we plan to come back in the city to get late dinner and then check out some breweries. Tomorrow we plan on seeing a few more cultural centers, some more architecture in the city, and a few more parks.

We have even managed to keep ourselves entertained on the long drives between cities, thank you technology, thank you Internet service, thank you music, thank you story-telling and joke-telling, thank you varied North American topography. Next up are Kansas City, the two major cities in Oklahoma, the Texas Triangle cities, New Orleans, Birmingham, Nashville, Louisville, Cincinnati, Indianapolis, Columbus, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, and then finally full circle back to Washington DC. A day and a half after reaching back to Washington, I'll be heading back to London.
Glad to hear that you're enjoying yourself. If you have the time, there's Cahokia Mounds over on the Illinois side of the river that you might find interesting. The Guardian actually just did a piece on it.
https://www.theguardian.com/cities/2...ericans-vanish

You can climb Monk's Mound, and there's a museum at the site. It's honestly an asset that more should be made of considering it's a world heritage site. It's very overlooked in Illinois and even the St. Louis area itself.

Unrelated to Cahokia, I also agree with the previous poster about checking out neighborhoods like Lafayette Square & Soulard. I'd also eat on the Hill, if you haven't done so already. It's St. Louis' Italian neighborhood.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2016, 02:29 AM

14,186 posts, read 22,727,826 times
I wonder if he's back from his trip yet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.