Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2016, 10:04 PM

131 posts, read 139,935 times

Advertisements

It's kind of annoying. I grew up near the Adirondacks, and I feel as if Upstate is just overlooked as far as beautiful scenery.

The Adirondacks are better than anything in New England, and our fall foliage is no different than theirs.

What gives?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2016, 10:27 PM

1,962 posts, read 1,788,558 times
I agree, I also live upstate and go to the Adirondacks 4-5 times a year and I hate when people from other states ask if I ever go to New England to see the fall colors. I usually just reply with, "Why the heck would I drive all the way to New England when I have the same amount of beauty, if not more, in the Adirondacks?"

Old 08-08-2016, 11:01 PM

135 posts, read 152,609 times
Wow, that looks amazing. If i ever make it out east, then I'm going here.

Old 08-08-2016, 11:03 PM

9,095 posts, read 13,104,976 times
You are right, nature does not care about state lines and beautiful fall colors can be found in other states. It stands to reason that at least the states near New England will have similar fall foliage.

But on the other hand, you two guys ^ & ^^ are rightfully complaining that only New England gets all the attention but are you not doing the same thing on a smaller scale by talking only about the beautiful fall foliage of the Adirondacks and leaving out the rest of New York State? Not to mention many other states like Pennsylvania, West Virginia, Maryland, Virginia, Ohio, Michigan and Wisconsin?

13,709 posts, read 21,772,096 times
The rest of the country DOES NOT think that. Fall foliage in the South is equally impressive.

GEORGIA:
Attached Thumbnails
Why does the rest of the country think New England is the only place with fall foliage?-image.jpeg  

Quote:
Originally Posted by gt87 View Post
I agree, I also live upstate and go to the Adirondacks 4-5 times a year and I hate when people from other states ask if I ever go to New England to see the fall colors. I usually just reply with, "Why the heck would I drive all the way to New England when I have the same amount of beauty, if not more, in the Adirondacks?"

Same thing with history.

New England has done a great job convincing everyone they're the only ones with fall foliage and history.

It is very annoying.

We have that too.

Old 08-08-2016, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LINative View Post
You are right, nature does not care about state lines and beautiful fall colors can be found in other states. It stands to reason that at least the states near New England will have similar fall foliage.

But on the other hand, you two guys ^ & ^^ are rightfully complaining that only New England gets all the attention but are you not doing the same thing on a smaller scale by talking only about the beautiful fall foliage of the Adirondacks and leaving out the rest of New York State? Not to mention many other states like Pennsylvania, West Virginia, Maryland, Virginia, Ohio, Michigan and Wisconsin?

I would absolutely include the others you have mentioned.

There is a thread about a person moving from California to New England and they had no idea that Upstate New York or Pennsylvania had fall colors, etc.

Blew my mind!

Old 08-08-2016, 11:12 PM

1,962 posts, read 1,788,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LINative View Post

You are correct. I should have said all of NYS instead of just the Adirondacks. For example, the picture with the hot air ballon is Letchworth State Park, which is southwest of Rochester, which is pretty far from the Adirondacks.

But you're right, many states have beautiful fall foliage. I just happen to think New York has the best.

Old 08-08-2016, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsboy View Post
The rest of the country DOES NOT think that. Fall foliage in the South is equally impressive.

GEORGIA:

I agree with you!

I've driven through Virginia in the fall. It's no different. Honestly.

Time to spread the knowledge.

Old 08-09-2016, 12:02 AM

470 posts, read 448,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsboy View Post

GEORGIA:
Fall foliage in the South matching the Northeast is found only in the high elevations of the region, as well as the northern/inland tiers of the region. The rest of the South is too warm and tropical-like year-round to see any spectacular fall color of note. Deciduous trees on the Southern coastal plain are a relic from the Ice Age.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.