Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2016, 02:39 PM

1,230 posts, read 988,568 times

Advertisements

Is Houston, New Orleans and Miami the hottest city 95 degree to 110 degree in summer and lots of humidity?

I hear cities like New York, Detroit, Toronto,Chicago and Buffalo/Niagara area can get really hot from 80 degree to 85 degree in summer and humid in summer.

But Houston and Miami have probably more humidity where you feel like you are walking into a hot steamy sauna.

Only other place probably have more humidity is Hawaii!!

The humidity in Houston, New Orleans and Miami is different than the humidity in New York, Detroit, Toronto,Chicago and Buffalo/Niagara area. Where it feels more like hot steamy sauna in Houston, New Orleans and Miami the humidity with Hawaii being more so.

I know other factors play apart too like skinny person will feel less humidity than big person that is 200 pounds or 250 pounds. Some people that are more intolerance of cold can feel the heat less!! Or people who have health problems or not active sitting around watching TV too much can feel the heat less. So two people could experience humidity in Houston and Miami different.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2016, 03:35 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,587,616 times
The three hottest major cities in summer are Phoenix, Las Vegas and Tucson in that order from hottest to coolest. Though Dallas, Houston, San Antonio and Austin feel just as hot or hotter than those three once humidity and heat index are factored in

Old 08-13-2016, 03:43 PM

1,230 posts, read 988,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
The three hottest major cities in summer are Phoenix, Las Vegas and Tucson in that order from hottest to coolest. Though Dallas, Houston, San Antonio and Austin feel just as hot or hotter than those three once humidity and heat index are factored in
From what I understand Phoenix, Las Vegas and Tucson in is more Hot dry heat than hot humidity. You not going to get that hot steamy sauna feel in Phoenix, Las Vegas and Tucson.

It be like sitting in front of high furnace and heat of sun will dry your skin out if you are in sun too much.

Other thing is I think you can get more dehydrated in Hot really Hot dry heat than really hot humidity that feels like hot steamy sauna.

Old 08-13-2016, 03:48 PM

470 posts, read 454,114 times
No, the DSW cities are far hotter, both in terms of actual temp, and in heat index.

Old 08-13-2016, 04:31 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,587,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIRAL View Post
No, the DSW cities are far hotter, both in terms of actual temp, and in heat index.
You know there are days where the heat index is higher in Houston or Dallas. Like yesterday, Dallas had a heat index of at least 111, while Phoenix's was no higher than 106-107. And in July, Dallas and Phoenix have pretty much the same average heat index, with Houston only a couple degrees behind

Old 08-13-2016, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
You know there are days where the heat index is higher in Houston or Dallas. Like yesterday, Dallas had a heat index of at least 111, while Phoenix's was no higher than 106-107. And in July, Dallas and Phoenix have pretty much the same average heat index, with Houston only a couple degrees behind
Yes, there are days where they can be higher, but, on average, Phoenix and the DSW cities see far higher heat indices. Those cities routinely see heat indices that would never be seen in Houston, Dallas, or anywhere else in the South.

Old 08-13-2016, 04:42 PM

3,615 posts, read 2,328,241 times
Dallas, Phoenix etc are very very hot, whether its dry or humid, both are freaking hot, but its 94-97 tomorrow in nyc, around the same in DC. Heat Index values around 105-113. like I said before its all how you handle the heat and how you live. a nice late afternoon barbecue or find a pool and cookout and its much nicer than sitting in some subway concrete jungle or walking surrounded by skyscrapers or loads of traffic with the urban heat island effect. Dallas, Houston, Phoenix etc. have tons of pools.

Old 08-13-2016, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by i'm not a cookie View Post
There is no point in arguing with him. I believe I had this same battle with him a while ago about which city is hotter. He refuses to admit how hot Dallas and Houston are.
I never denied the heat in those cities, just saying that the heat pales in comparison to what is seen in the DSW. You need to pay attention, so that you won't be confused in these discussions.

Old 08-13-2016, 06:47 PM

5,847 posts, read 6,179,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubble99 View Post

But Houston and Miami have probably more humidity where you feel like you are walking into a hot steamy sauna.
I live in Houston. Moved back here last year after 15 years away. When I walk outside with my sunglasses on, they fog up. Doesn't matter what time of day it is.

And yet, this is not the hottest or most miserable place I've lived in within the state of Texas. That honor would go to Wichita Falls, where we once had a year (2011) of over 100 days of temps of at least 100 degrees...it was a major factor in our decision to move away from there.

Last edited by Texas Ag 93; 08-13-2016 at 07:33 PM..

Old 08-13-2016, 07:12 PM

231 posts, read 226,623 times
I believe Dallas is several degrees warmer than Houston each summer but the humidity makes Houston more miserable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.