U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-25-2008, 08:15 PM
 
Location: Underneath the Pecan Tree
15,989 posts, read 30,691,036 times
Reputation: 7281

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
no it's not. I know you love Waco and all. But let's be real. There is hardly anything liberal about Waco or North Central Texas. If Waco is liberal, so is Oklahoma city.
you have no ideal lol...I really do love Waco and can be biased,but Waco is becoming more blue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-25-2008, 09:14 PM
 
Location: Boise
2,684 posts, read 6,192,790 times
Reputation: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhaalspawn View Post
Doesn't Idaho also have low wages and an infestation of white supremacists?
The wages are low, so is the cost of living, and so are the taxes. You don't need to make as much here as you would in California, to live just as comfortably.

The Aryan Nations used to be headquartered in Hayden, Idaho. Small town way up North. About eight years ago they got sued. They lost their compound, it was turned into a human rights museum. A few years after that Richard Butler, the founder of the AN, died. The AN is now located in Indiana. Infestation? Hardly. There are more neo-nazis in Portland. But it is still fun to stereotype us as a backwards haven for bigots, isn't it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-25-2008, 09:19 PM
 
8,376 posts, read 27,791,882 times
Reputation: 2367
I live in Florida and my area is way liberal, and personally I think it's too liberal and I'm not exactly a hard line conservative. FL is very moderate as a whole (not right wing conservative) and it depends on what part of the state. The panhandle is very right leaning (in a bad way), then through the middle of the peninsula it's socially liberal/fiscally conservative then the SE Coast where a third of the population lives it's very liberal. The SW Coast is very conservative, as in fiscally. It's definitely not the "worst" state for liberals, it's actually very moderate, does anyone remember the 2000 election that we screwed up and the results? It was screwed up because the vote was so close.

Last edited by compelled to reply; 02-25-2008 at 09:39 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-25-2008, 10:01 PM
 
Location: Washington D.C. By way of Texas
18,638 posts, read 27,073,493 times
Reputation: 9580
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
you have no ideal lol...I really do love Waco and can be biased,but Waco is becoming more blue.
it'll be a long time before Waco will become blue. From looking at how Baylorfans.com, most of them will be voting republican regardless. I don't see any city going blue between Dallas and Austin for a while. Though I would love to see it. I think Waco including Killeen are the two best cities to do it with their large black populations and growing hispanic population.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-26-2008, 06:23 AM
 
Location: Underneath the Pecan Tree
15,989 posts, read 30,691,036 times
Reputation: 7281
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
it'll be a long time before Waco will become blue. From looking at how Baylorfans.com, most of them will be voting republican regardless. I don't see any city going blue between Dallas and Austin for a while. Though I would love to see it. I think Waco including Killeen are the two best cities to do it with their large black populations and growing hispanic population.
Baylor.........Waco One is a college, one is a city. Also you do know they want to plan for a Obama presidental library if he wins?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-26-2008, 11:41 PM
 
Location: Katy-zuela
4,852 posts, read 8,997,774 times
Reputation: 2364
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post

This was not neccessary.
Have you been to the other sections where people say that "The only place in Texas I would live in is Austin" or "Texas sucks outside of Austin?"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-27-2008, 12:20 AM
 
246 posts, read 789,775 times
Reputation: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetclimber View Post
It's kind of funny though that Texas and Florida are two of the fastest growing states. People must want to get away from those unamerican hardcore libs in other states!
Actually the influx has made both states more purple than solid red.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-27-2008, 07:28 PM
 
Location: Washington D.C. By way of Texas
18,638 posts, read 27,073,493 times
Reputation: 9580
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
Baylor.........Waco One is a college, one is a city. Also you do know they want to plan for a Obama presidental library if he wins?
That's nice and all. Doesn't change the fact that Waco is a conservative town. It's ideology maybe changing. But it is slowly and not evident. Waco is known as one of the most conservative towns in Texas outside a major metro area. Fact of the matter, it's not liberal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-27-2008, 07:29 PM
 
Location: Washington D.C. By way of Texas
18,638 posts, read 27,073,493 times
Reputation: 9580
Quote:
Originally Posted by KerrTown View Post
Have you been to the other sections where people say that "The only place in Texas I would live in is Austin" or "Texas sucks outside of Austin?"
Well that is their opinion and yes, I been to those sections. I disagree with that because I like Houston and Dallas more than Austin but need to trash Austin just because you see a comment you disagree with as well. It's not necessary.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-27-2008, 09:06 PM
 
Location: Underneath the Pecan Tree
15,989 posts, read 30,691,036 times
Reputation: 7281
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
That's nice and all. Doesn't change the fact that Waco is a conservative town. It's ideology maybe changing. But it is slowly and not evident. Waco is known as one of the most conservative towns in Texas outside a major metro area. Fact of the matter, it's not liberal.
It's easier for a outsider to say that. That's nice that you base your opinions and statements from Statistics,but I live here;So I would know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top