U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2008, 08:38 PM

18,633 posts, read 27,052,687 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
It's easier for a outsider to say that. That's nice that you base your opinions and statements from Statistics,but I live here;So I would know.
Bruh, I'm not relying on statistics either. I'm relying on my experience on Waco as well. I'll take you to DC, Chicago, Austin, Inner Loop of Houston, Inner loop 12 of Dallas, Alexandria, Virginia, St. Louis. These are liberal cities. Waco is not nearly as liberal compared to these cities. Maybe it is to cities compared to the rest of Central Texas. But you will hardly find anyone that lives in a liberal city believe that Waco is liberal.
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2008, 03:59 AM

49 posts, read 179,507 times
I think the worst is actually the red sections of California. Places like the southern most parts of the Central Valley and San Diego county are more to the right than just about anywhere in Texas or Virginia. If you look online, even the reddest of states have exceptions. But try looking up people from San Diego which has more people than many states, you won't find any liberal minded people from here, other than moderates or libertarians. The most conservative city in the country is easily Oceanside, I don't think any city with at least a 10,000 people is more one sided. San Diego county is very one sided politically, all the political activity is on the right and the only ones who ever argue against them come from other parts of the state such as Los Angeles or even center-right Orange County. I am not as knowledgeable on the valley, but I have heard quite a lot about it.

Old 09-27-2008, 07:13 AM

7,731 posts, read 12,190,234 times
Utah. An absolute nightmare if you are a liberal. I should know since I am one.

Old 09-27-2008, 07:37 AM

3,669 posts, read 8,840,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abashi View Post
I think the worst is actually the red sections of California. Places like the southern most parts of the Central Valley and San Diego county are more to the right than just about anywhere in Texas or Virginia. If you look online, even the reddest of states have exceptions. But try looking up people from San Diego which has more people than many states, you won't find any liberal minded people from here, other than moderates or libertarians. The most conservative city in the country is easily Oceanside, I don't think any city with at least a 10,000 people is more one sided. San Diego county is very one sided politically, all the political activity is on the right and the only ones who ever argue against them come from other parts of the state such as Los Angeles or even center-right Orange County. I am not as knowledgeable on the valley, but I have heard quite a lot about it.
Yeah, I thought I was an extreme liberal because I thought California was more conservative for my taste than I expected. But then again I was in San Diego so that's probably why. That city makes Atlanta look liberal by comparison. Actually, Atlanta is a liberal city even though Georgia is a conservative state.

Old 09-27-2008, 08:00 AM

1,178 posts, read 3,440,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEAandATL View Post
Yeah, I thought I was an extreme liberal because I thought California was more conservative for my taste than I expected. But then again I was in San Diego so that's probably why. That city makes Atlanta look liberal by comparison. Actually, Atlanta is a liberal city even though Georgia is a conservative state.
But the Atlanta Metro is a mixed bag. Suburban white areas are conservative, whereas suburban black areas vote liberal (even though the people who vote may not be liberally-minded). Overall, the metro is slightly more conservative than liberal. If we're talking about the white population, it is overwhelmingly conservative.

Old 09-27-2008, 08:35 AM

2,602 posts, read 4,319,460 times

Old 09-27-2008, 08:45 AM

2,602 posts, read 4,319,460 times
The best areas for liberals are inner cities, high minority areas, indian reservations, our national borders, and college campuses.

The worst areas for liberals are areas of multi-generational American, hard working, successful, independent people.

Old 09-27-2008, 08:47 AM

3,022 posts, read 4,524,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetclimber View Post
It's kind of funny though that Texas and Florida are two of the fastest growing states. People must want to get away from those unamerican hardcore libs in other states!
well, not really since texas is turning more and more purple...so much for your ideas

Old 09-27-2008, 09:56 AM

3,742 posts, read 6,902,786 times
I would say that where liberals are concerned, anyplace in the Deep South (specifically Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, and South Carolina) is going to be where liberals face the largest struggles.

Old 09-27-2008, 12:11 PM

769 posts, read 2,011,043 times
Okla-freekin-homa!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.