U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2008, 12:32 PM

1,763 posts, read 5,380,161 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by breelecowgirl View Post
...but when Bush is gone, I think this "Bush Dynasty" will be done.
This is probably correct, but not for the "obvious" reasons.

The inference above is that because W leaves no male heirs, it's over.

But the real reason is that the original Bush blood keeps getting thinner with every generation. Preston...George H.W....George W...judge for yourself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2008, 01:07 PM

2,237 posts, read 6,565,301 times
Capitalism.

Old 09-27-2008, 01:17 PM

32,343 posts, read 55,140,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomDot View Post
The worst areas for liberals are areas [ with] hard working, successful, independent people.
You mean places like New York, San Francisco, Boston and their respective metropolitan areas?

Not many liberals there.

Old 09-27-2008, 01:20 PM

5,858 posts, read 14,044,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomDot View Post
The best areas for liberals are inner cities, high minority areas, indian reservations, our national borders, and college campuses.

The worst areas for liberals are areas of multi-generational American, hard working, successful, independent people.
Not around here. In the Twin Cities, the highest income city neighborhoods are overwhelmingly Democratic, along with the lowest income neighborhoods. Working class neighborhoods in the city are mixed. In the burbs, the reddest neighborhoods are in the northern and western working class suburbs. The middle and upper class suburbs are generally mixed.

Old 09-27-2008, 01:22 PM

5,858 posts, read 14,044,713 times
To get back to the original question, I was going to say Southern states, but after getting to know what kind of person Alaskans would elect as their governor, I'd have to add Alaska to the list.

Old 09-27-2008, 03:21 PM

49 posts, read 179,487 times
Here in San Diego, areas that have the most Democratic votes actually come from the rich coastal areas (such as Del Mar and La Jolla) (about 3-2 Republican), the poor and middle class areas are military communities (such as Oceanside and El Cajon) and vote almost universally Republican (ranges from 2-1 to 10-1 Republican). Of the cities in San Diego county, La Jolla is the most liberal (~50% conservative) and Oceanside is the most conservative (~100% conservative).

Last edited by Abashi; 09-27-2008 at 03:33 PM..

Old 09-27-2008, 03:42 PM

8,287 posts, read 11,831,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by compelled to reply View Post
I live in Florida and my area is way liberal, and personally I think it's too liberal and I'm not exactly a hard line conservative. FL is very moderate as a whole (not right wing conservative) and it depends on what part of the state. The panhandle is very right leaning (in a bad way), then through the middle of the peninsula it's socially liberal/fiscally conservative then the SE Coast where a third of the population lives it's very liberal. The SW Coast is very conservative, as in fiscally. It's definitely not the "worst" state for liberals, it's actually very moderate, does anyone remember the 2000 election that we screwed up and the results? It was screwed up because the vote was so close.
as a fellow Floridian I have to agree with Compelled. Florida is more of a moderate state when it comes to cultural issues and as for Jeb Bush he was seen as a pragmatic business man more than anything else even though I disagreed with him on almost every issue.

The panhandle I consider lower Alabama so it's not like the rest of the state when we are talking Liberal ideology. The state is actually very diverse and would compare it more to California than Texas which is a state you would have to shoot me to live in! (sorry Texans!)

Old 09-27-2008, 03:59 PM

2,602 posts, read 4,319,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
You mean places like New York, San Francisco, Boston and their respective metropolitan areas?

Not many liberals there.
Like I said, inner cities.

Old 09-27-2008, 04:30 PM

835 posts, read 2,083,723 times
I'm from South Carolina and it's conservative.

I don't like when someone says "I hate The South" when talking about politics because some people think they are just talking about the general people. There is such a thing as a proud Southerner who votes blue(hard to find though lol). Make it easier and say "I hate Republicans." lol

Old 09-27-2008, 05:01 PM

Location: from houstoner to bostoner to new yorker to new jerseyite ;)
4,085 posts, read 11,451,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by breethecowgirl View Post
I grew up near the Westminster Business, it's pretty conservative down there. I know there's a couple of pockets of liberals in areas like Downtown and the Southwestern areas.
What and where is Westminster Business? I've never heard of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.