U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2008, 09:01 AM

34 posts, read 7,045 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
Where was NC on that list. Everybody that moves here complains about our taxes. What kind of taxes were they listing. We paid quite a few taxes when we vacationed in Tennessee. I like the idea that states know how to make other states pay for them. Not so nice for us, but nice for them.
I was listing the states with the lowest taxes. Learn to read.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2008, 10:07 AM

357 posts, read 1,173,369 times
This thread is getting nasty...fast.

Old 02-22-2008, 01:11 AM

1,043 posts, read 1,696,333 times
Quote:
I wouldn't necessarily place West Virginia in that category at all. They have always voted and leaned to the democratic party until very recently.
West Virginians are so conservative that when the rest of the South went Republican they stayed Democratic. West Virginia had a deep hatred of the Republican Party because of the Civil War and Reconstruction. But I think they will go Republican next year too, despite their best interests.

Old 02-22-2008, 02:31 AM

7,728 posts, read 8,900,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by milwjake20 View Post
If you don't want to give upwards of half your money to the government, these are the states for you!

10. West Virginia
9. Idaho
8. Montana
7. South Dakota
6. New Mexico
5. Tennessee
4. Oklahoma
3. Mississippi
2. Alaska
1. Alabama
Why West Virginia?

Old 02-22-2008, 08:18 AM

32 posts, read 109,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWB View Post
Dude, seriously, you say DUDE a lot!
That is exactly what I"ve thought

Old 02-22-2008, 10:27 AM

29,910 posts, read 5,542,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayNapi View Post
That is exactly what I"ve thought
again, sorry, sometimes i tend to write how i talk.

Old 02-22-2008, 04:24 PM

284 posts, read 1,185,097 times
Defining "best states for conservatives" as those with the lowest taxes is an oversimplification. It's not as if liberals love to pay taxes. No one does.

Perhaps one way to demonstrate the difference between the two viewpoints is that liberals are honest about it, while conservatives tend to be, well, let's just remind ourselves of a famous quote from 20 years ago...

"read my lips, no new taxes."

Ha! How long did that last? And McCain has recently said essentially the same thing. I've got my fingers and toes crossed that we will never find out how long he would have to be in the White House before he started raising taxes. A 100 year war (at how many billion per year?) would need to be paid for somehow...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.