Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which one of these is the most scenic
Nashville 39 37.50%
Austin 18 17.31%
Charlotte 20 19.23%
Atlanta 27 25.96%
Voters: 104. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2016, 06:45 PM

345 posts, read 530,629 times

Advertisements

Austin, Atlanta, Nashville, or Charlotte. Which is the most pretty/scenic out of the 4
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2016, 08:14 AM

And if you could explain your decision that'd be nice.

Old 08-22-2016, 07:23 PM

3,615 posts, read 2,329,485 times
I think all these cities are very nice cities and really nice weather and mild winters but nashville is beautiful and on the water, the cumberland is an amazing river. rolling hills. beautiful city. I wish it had more of the vibrant tech,banking and fortune 500 economy of the other places listed but its a very good economy. really amazing city

wikimedia commons photos

http://thepointsguy.com/wp-content/u.../nashville.jpg

Last edited by floridanative10; 08-22-2016 at 07:39 PM..

Old 08-22-2016, 07:33 PM

304 posts, read 324,866 times
Hmm. As someone who lives in Atlanta I wouldn't describe the city as being "beautiful" unless you are a fan of 12 lane highways and strip malls. Atlanta doesn't really have those qualities associated with more photogenic cities that have rivers, lakes, beaches, or mountains. Charlotte is basically just a smaller version of Atlanta. So that leaves Austin and Nashville. I have never been to Austin, but from the pics I have seen it looks nice and artsy. Good vibes, nice music and distinct culture, separate from the rest of Texas. But I would have to vote for Nashville. Nice river front, background gives way to mountain views, plus the unique culture of Nashville would put it over the top for me. Nice food also.

So I would rank them:

Nashville
Austin
Charlotte
Atlanta.

Old 08-22-2016, 07:40 PM

1,795 posts, read 1,876,783 times
Nashville but I am bias because many years in Music City and I loved every minute of it. I live in Miami Beach now and we have a great setting but the people of Nashville are what makes it special the scenery is nice but a bit over rated.

Old 08-22-2016, 08:43 PM

7,733 posts, read 6,457,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arc-lang View Post
Hmm. As someone who lives in Atlanta I wouldn't describe the city as being "beautiful" unless you are a fan of 12 lane highways and strip malls. Atlanta doesn't really have those qualities associated with more photogenic cities that have rivers, lakes, beaches, or mountains. Charlotte is basically just a smaller version of Atlanta. So that leaves Austin and Nashville. I have never been to Austin, but from the pics I have seen it looks nice and artsy. Good vibes, nice music and distinct culture, separate from the rest of Texas. But I would have to vote for Nashville. Nice river front, background gives way to mountain views, plus the unique culture of Nashville would put it over the top for me. Nice food also.

So I would rank them:

Nashville
Austin
Charlotte
Atlanta.

You do realise Atlanta's at the foothills of the Appalachians, right? Also the city is in a sea of trees. I've been to Austin, find it underwhelming. There's scenic beauty there, like Barton springs which I really wanna see someday, but I did not see it anywhere in the city that I stayed at or visited.

Old 08-22-2016, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadgerFilms View Post
You do realise Atlanta's at the foothills of the Appalachians, right? Also the city is in a sea of trees. I've been to Austin, find it underwhelming. There's scenic beauty there, like Barton springs which I really wanna see someday, but I did not see it anywhere in the city that I stayed at or visited.
thoughts on nashville and how it compares to austin?

Old 08-22-2016, 11:17 PM

1,932 posts, read 2,471,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridanative10 View Post
I think all these cities are very nice cities and really nice weather and mild winters but nashville is beautiful and on the water, the cumberland is an amazing river. rolling hills. beautiful city. I wish it had more of the vibrant tech,banking and fortune 500 economy of the other places listed but its a very good economy. really amazing city

wikimedia commons photos

http://thepointsguy.com/wp-content/u.../nashville.jpg
dang, looks really pretty. I had no idea.

Old 08-23-2016, 12:26 AM

9,818 posts, read 7,928,191 times
The skyline shot isn't of Nashville, that's Cincinnati.

Old 08-23-2016, 12:58 AM

304 posts, read 324,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadgerFilms View Post
I think North Georgia is very beautiful and has better vistas of the mountains. Having said all that, Atlanta has very nice areas, and plenty of great scenic locations. But I have never really considered the city to be beautiful. The skyline is top notch and easily one of my favorites. I think of Atlanta as being more gritty than beautiful, rundown areas that give way to gentrification. I actually prefer Atlanta this way. Comparatively two other southern cities give off this kind of contrast, for example to me a city like Charleston is beautiful, while a city like Memphis is more gritty and more tough.

I do love Atlanta's tree canopy and think it makes the city truly unique.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.