Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2016, 07:54 PM

1,111 posts, read 2,332,480 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prickly Pear View Post
That's true I thought of that as well. I never even heard of that app. Now if this study was based off Tinder then I could definitely get behind it. Tinder is very widespread. I'd love if Tinder released the most right swipes on men based on what cities. A lot of men on Tinder do is right swipe for every woman and then see what woman right swipes on them and then decides, which skews the data for attractive women. But women don't quite operate that way on the app, haha.
Yes, but some metros have an abundance of females, who hence will lower their standards. For example, there aren't many tall, attractive men in DC so the women are more likely to swipe right on a short, ugly guy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2016, 08:15 PM

6,311 posts, read 6,814,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skidamarink View Post
Yes, but some metros have an abundance of females, who hence will lower their standards. For example, there aren't many tall, attractive men in DC so the women are more likely to swipe right on a short, ugly guy.
Maybe, though what else is a better way to collect a survey on what has the more matches/right swipes than the country's #1 hookup app, where people can literally only judge someone by photos? Tinder would probably be the best way to do it, but you're right it won't be perfect.

Shame that DC is that way. Good thing I don't like it there that much and would never consider living there, lol.

Old 08-21-2016, 08:38 PM

1,111 posts, read 2,332,480 times
Quote:
Maybe, though what else is a better way to collect a survey on what has the more matches/right swipes than the country's #1 hookup app, where people can literally only judge someone by photos? Tinder would probably be the best way to do it, but you're right it won't be perfect.

Shame that DC is that way. Good thing I don't like it there that much and would never consider living there, lol.
lol I like DC in other aspects, but yeah the dating SUCKS for females. I almost moved there for a job but I turned it down for other reasons. All my female friends who work out there now make good money, but they complain about the dating scene.

But if you do find a guy in DC, he will probably have a good career with a good income. That's one good thing about DC men. As opposed to the deadbeat, long-haired/bearded skii bums out West who will forever make $15/hr for the rest of their life and probably never want children.

Old 08-21-2016, 08:58 PM

Quote:
lol I like DC in other aspects, but yeah the dating SUCKS for females. I almost moved there for a job but I turned it down for other reasons. All my female friends who work out there now make good money, but they complain about the dating scene.

But if you do find a guy in DC, he will probably have a good career with a good income. That's one good thing about DC men. As opposed to the deadbeat, long-haired/bearded skii bums out West who will forever make $15/hr for the rest of their life and probably never want children.
That's a good point to bringing up. Geographic locations will attract people who have different lifestyles, philosophies and ideologies. I am a strong, independent woman (lol) and eventually I would like to marry and have two kids but as of right now I don't want any part of that. I am from Phoenix and a lot of girls from my graduating class are already getting married, buying houses, and having kids. Some are even on their second kid and I'm only 21. I don't want that for a while. I want to explore, travel, live in an apartment of a big city (yes Phoenix is a big city but it doesn't feel like it very much), eat weird stuff and live selfishly for a while. Go to clubs and get drunk. I think most people are like me but I can see some cities where men who will never want to settle down will be most likely to live (Miami, NYC, etc.) that would eventually be a clash.

But this is mainly a thread about attractiveness and good manners, just a well-rounded individual. An acquaintance of mine recently accepted a very good job with a highly-respected consulting firm just after graduating here in Tucson in the nation's capital, and she is single, I wonder how she feels about that. I'm sure she was surprised by the F to M ratio which she has probably realized by now. But her career is already doing great, probably will always be better than mine, haha.

Old 08-23-2016, 08:43 PM

So there does not seem to be a consensus like there is in where the attractive women live in this country! I wonder why that is?

Old 08-24-2016, 08:16 PM

12,837 posts, read 9,562,557 times
Quote:
Most humble men without flaring egos: small, southeastern towns and smaller towns in the Midwest

Tallest and most physically attractive: Utah and Colorado (but I wouldn't call them all friendly - lots of ego there)

Most outdoorsy and adventurous: Pacific NW

Smartest and most successful career-wise: DC, NYC, SF

Most dynamic, wittiest, funniest, and entertaining personalities: NYC, Boston

Most monogamous and family-oriented: Smaller towns of the Midwest

Realest and toughest (mentally and physically): Rust Belt cities

As for the combo of attractive + desirable personality, I'll say NYC even though they tend to be short. There are a lot of hot, short guys out there. But they don't have the best morals.
I don't think of southerners as very humble at all. The south will rise again.

Old 08-24-2016, 09:04 PM

100 posts, read 103,440 times
Europe.

Old 08-25-2016, 07:15 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,914,057 times
I'm a sucker for a Texas gentleman. Chivalry is not dead.

Throw in a truck and a dog and I will absolutely swoon.

Old 08-25-2016, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lo-Fi View Post
Europe.
I don't know about that one. It would not be accurate to summarize a whole continent like that. I personally did not find Italian nor French men attractive when I was over there. And I was in Italy for a month and a half in several cities, so I feel pretty safe on saying that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I'm a sucker for a Texas gentleman. Chivalry is not dead.

Throw in a truck and a dog and I will absolutely swoon.
Dogs are the ultimate chick magnet!

Old 09-02-2016, 12:26 AM

57 posts, read 74,767 times
Quote:
Here in Arizona a lot of men are tan, dark-haired, and skew more towards the average (5'10 and a shorter, with a few being taller) and dress like bros (tatted arms, I was never really into tattoos but I don't care about it, monster energy hats, dickie's cargo shorts, etc.). There's also a lot of young men here with the preppy frat look, Vineyard Vines clothing, and chubbies. Arizona has ranked highly on attractive men in surveys so I guess I'm alone on this one.

Here's Where America's Most and Least Attractive People Live According to Dating App Clover - ABC News

In that source, the least attractive men skew towards California and the East Coast while the most attractive men skew towards the Midwest/Great Plains/Mountain West area. Scottsdale ranks #2 for attractive men, which like I said I disagree with. What I find funny, is that women are the reverse, more attractive women on the coasts while the least attractive are in the flyover states.

Yeah Southern manners aren't out here, despite a lot of Texans driving through (seriously, Texas license plates are everywhere) which is kind of sad. I always loved how open, warm, and friendly the South felt. I've been to a variety of places in Florida (north of Miami mind you, haha) and Louisiana which I am basing that off of. Never been to the other Southern states.
I grew up in Ohio but attended undergraduate and graduate school in Kentucky. I visited Tucson, AZ for a job interview. I as well tend to wear the preppy look but it's more of a professional preppy look. I also am only 5'7" and actually noticed to be about average for a guy there whereas in the Midwest I am rather short (Out of 10 guys 1-2 might be shorter). The culture is different too. I have that southern hospitality and I found people in Arizona to be quite rude. To be honest, as a short white guy who has a doctorate degree and quite respectful and gentlemen-like (in my opinion) I found AZ to be completely different than the Midwest. The only up side I could see would be that women would probably be more open to dating shorter men in AZ where in the Midwest if you aren't 6 foot, good luck!

Last edited by Osufootballfan32; 09-02-2016 at 12:37 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.