U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2016, 07:06 AM

253 posts, read 196,382 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
In other words, you'll find the best men where you will find the most simps.
Right, because it's foolish to believe in gender equality?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2016, 10:54 AM

5,286 posts, read 4,159,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyeBright View Post
Well, it doesn't exist.

Old 09-03-2016, 07:20 PM

78 posts, read 56,021 times
Quote:
Urban Dictionary: simp

Last edited by GhostInTheMatrix; 09-03-2016 at 07:30 PM..

Old 09-03-2016, 07:33 PM

78 posts, read 56,021 times
Quote:
You'll probably find the best men where you find the most male feminists. And I'm not talking about those who claim to believe in gender equality but then say they aren't a feminist. I mean those men who freely identify as a feminist and walk the walk. Most likely you're looking at progressive, educated centers. Large swathes of New England, DC, a good portion of NYC. I think a lot of the PNW and perhaps the Bay Area would be included. Just based on commentary from others, Minneapolis might as well.

So educated, progressive places is where you'll find the best men.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7LkeBFH7xU

Old 09-03-2016, 08:31 PM

78,674 posts, read 70,531,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee2 View Post
Hmmmm. For me it would be men who are intelligent (and not in a nerdy, mathematical way- I mean can talk about philosophy, books, etc) and also physically attractive. .
Looks and friendliness are unrelated to education. The OP gave those two criteria, and a third: not a "tool", i.e. honest or high-integrity. That also doesn't depend on level of education.

I don't think it's possible to make sweeping generalizations about the populations of an entire state.

Old 09-03-2016, 08:34 PM

78,674 posts, read 70,531,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prickly Pear View Post
Interesting. My college friends have told me a lot of attractive men are in the Seattle metro. I've never been though. I can agree that there should be no mansplaining and stuff like that, almost all the men out here are #Meninists.

As far as attractiveness goes, it's fair enough to say we have types. For an example I like blonde guys, that are tall (last two boyfriends were both 6'8", though I have dated guys my height and didn't care about it, but he did which is why I try not to go that route anymore) and I like guys that have more of a big build than a skinny one. That's my go-to but I have and would date outside of that. If I had to take a guess on where my "go-to" type is in highest concentration, it would be Minnesota. I guess it matters more where guys are actually gentlemen, would like to do trivia with me, and are pasta enthusiasts. Being a young, single Millennial woman this is extra hard for me. So I will take a guess at Minnesota and the Upper Midwest but I don't know. A lot of blonde haired blue eyed men are also in Utah, but they are usually Mormons, and being an atheist that will never work. I have never met a rude Mormon though, so I will give them that.
But you're asking about the whole population of each state, and how they compare. Minnesota has Native Americans, who don't fit your preference. There are probably Hispanic and Near Eastern immigrants, too. Not to mention the African-American sector, and Asians. But probably because of the Scandinavian heritage in the state, there's a higher percentage there of your preferred type than most other places in the US. That doesn't mean they all have the qualities of character that you want, though.

Old 09-04-2016, 01:57 AM

10,093 posts, read 6,317,418 times
"Most handsome AND friendly men in the US are from..."

That's a hard combination, but I'd say Boston. Scottsdale Arizona has a large population of handsome men, friendly too.

Old 09-04-2016, 02:06 AM

1,305 posts, read 1,255,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HumpDay View Post
I'm from Connecticut so the answer is Connecticut. LOL.
I'd argue that you are partially right. I lived in Connecticut for four years, so during the time between 1996-2000 you are correct. The rest of the time, it's Massachusetts

Old 09-04-2016, 05:22 AM

6,060 posts, read 3,384,906 times
Texas has lots of men like that, so does Minnesota.

I find lots of guys from New York, Philadelphia and Boston to be hot, but they're not so friendly lol.

Old 09-04-2016, 07:13 AM

2,585 posts, read 3,730,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skidamarink View Post
Yes, but some metros have an abundance of females, who hence will lower their standards. For example, there aren't many tall, attractive men in DC so the women are more likely to swipe right on a short, ugly guy.
That's ridiculous. With the huge military presence and industries that tend to draw type A personalities, there are plenty of tall, in shape men in DC. Maybe the frumpy girls who work at some ultra-niche non-profit and use "like" every other word in conversation think they deserve better than the short ugly guy but there's a reason those "hot" guys avoid them. They aren't quite as special as they've been led to believe their entire lives. Keep living in that fantasy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or