U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2016, 08:18 PM

1,798 posts, read 1,161,493 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleff89 View Post
Miami has hot guys with a tropical vibe to them but proud and shallow

NYC has money obsessed hipsters

I am inclined towards the mid west. Cute men with no much in the term of attitudes, relatively simple and friendly.
I come from a super wealthy town in the Midwest everyone was just as image obsessed as the East and West Coast. Almost everyone my prep school had a Maserati, Porsche, BMW, Bentley or Range Rover and wore boating shoes and Lacoste shirts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2016, 08:33 PM

4,216 posts, read 3,584,742 times
Don't women want a working, faithful, and loyal man first.

Old 09-11-2016, 09:41 PM

4,552 posts, read 3,637,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skidamarink View Post
You're only 5'8"? That's considered average for a female in Utah and the other places I mentioned as being tall. Jeez, you had me thinking you were 6'2" or something. I would not call you tall. No offense (I don't know if you want to be called tall or not). You are just average, outside of Arizona.

But if you want another idea of how many tall men live in a particular city, create a fake account on Match.com and adjust the filters to search for men of your desired height in a particular city. You can also search by state. It will show you the total numbers found in the search. Obviously, it's not entirely accurate since only a certain segment of the population goes on Match.com, but you can at least get an idea.

I saw higher numbers for the states of Georgia, Florida, and Texas than I did for Washington, Oregon, or Utah. But I bet a lot of those tall guys in the South are living on farms. I don't think we hear much about those areas (other than Miami), because they don't get as many transplants and media attention as cities like Seattle, Denver, etc. Maybe Dallas does, but there is obviously more to Texas than Dallas.
I'm three inches taller than the average woman. So in most cases a girl would have to wear heels to be my height. And when I wear heels (which is a lot) I'm 6' I'm very tall. And most men aren't even 6'2" either which is WHY they are considered tall and not average. I also believe if I recall correctly in the United States the height of the average woman and man are SHRINKING, not growing. I do believe this is because of immigrants from normally shorter nations but I'm not sure.

Old 09-11-2016, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlwarrior View Post
Don't women want a working, faithful, and loyal man first.
Yes of course, that is why it says handsome AND friendly... but the thread seems to be of focus on the handsome part as of late.

Old 09-11-2016, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by passerbatty View Post
Ya, being an Indian guy who has a thing for blondes, it can be kinda frustrating. In a lot of the big cities you name, I don't really run into too many blondes. Most of the times it is ethnic women and darker white women (Italian, Greek, and just swarthy white girls in general). As much as they say opposites attract, I've found that darker featured white girls tend to aggressively go after me. It starts with getting approached by some and in bar/nightclub situations, easily getting makeouts and invitations to come back to their place. Some of them get really aggressively if they know me through social circle, had one Italian girl tightly grab my arm and pull me into her bedroom at a house party.

For some reason I can't explain, redheads are easy for me too. I think there is literally something going on between redheads and darker featured guys, quite common to see them going for guys of minority groups.

Blondes are by far the toughest for me to be honest, I don't often see them going interracial all that often, especially not with guys who have a more swarthy and foreign appearance. In big cities, they tend to exclusively chase higher status white guys and in small towns, they tend to also exclusively go for white guys for obvious reasons.
I don't believe in the "opposites attract" thing whatsoever. I think it's the opposite, where you are more likely to date someone like yourself. Again that's not always true.

Well I'll tell you as a blonde myself, I don't generally go after darker guys. I'm also part Italian (grandmother is a full-blooded Italian from Capri) so I don't know what to tell you. I see a ton of girls who look even whiter than me (as in Aryan looking) go for black men. In fact I see that all the time. So again I don't know what to tell you.

Old 09-11-2016, 10:20 PM

231 posts, read 154,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prickly Pear View Post
I'm three inches taller than the average woman. So in most cases a girl would have to wear heels to be my height. And when I wear heels (which is a lot) I'm 6' I'm very tall. And most men aren't even 6'2" either which is WHY they are considered tall and not average. I also believe if I recall correctly in the United States the height of the average woman and man are SHRINKING, not growing. I do believe this is because of immigrants from normally shorter nations but I'm not sure.

I read that the average height of the American woman is 5'4 so by ANY STANDARD I would consider you tall at 5'8. 5'9 was the height of the average American male by what I read so you would only be an inch shorter, and as you said, in heels you would be taller than most men.

Just giving my two cents!

Old 09-11-2016, 10:20 PM

5,286 posts, read 4,157,131 times
Most people are usually only attracted to what is familiar. People like to believe that preferences are innate, but they aren't. They're learned and applied.

Old 09-11-2016, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by passerbatty View Post
Do they go for guys of other minority groups as well?

I actually did forget to add, when I do see blondes go interracial, it is usually with black guys but rarely if ever with guys of other minority groups.
I don't know what to tell you. I'm not the spokeswoman for all blonde women. An acquaintance of mine (a model, mind you) with blonde-hair and blue-eyes SOLELY dates Middle-Eastern/Arab looking men. But she was also raised in Dubai so maybe that plays a role. We might have the same hair color, but we don't all think the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunion Powder View Post
Most people are usually only attracted to what is familiar. People like to believe that preferences are innate, but they aren't. They're learned and applied.
I agree 100%. Though I would love to hear your expansion on this thought.

Old 09-12-2016, 12:05 AM

5,286 posts, read 4,157,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prickly Pear View Post
I don't know what to tell you. I'm not the spokeswoman for all blonde women. An acquaintance of mine (a model, mind you) with blonde-hair and blue-eyes SOLELY dates Middle-Eastern/Arab looking men. But she was also raised in Dubai so maybe that plays a role. We might have the same hair color, but we don't all think the same.

I agree 100%. Though I would love to hear your expansion on this thought.
I wish I could but I don't feel like it

Old 09-12-2016, 05:19 AM

48 posts, read 32,727 times
The most handsome men in America are to be found in Texas (like me)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or