U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2016, 11:53 PM

4,552 posts, read 3,644,306 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoreSnowForMe View Post
What an odd perception. Why on earth would you think this?
After being a member on this forum a while you get to recognize posters and remember some of their old posts where they mentioned something about themselves. Also the "Most beautiful AND friendly women in the US are from..." thread had a lot more posters and more activity, thus adding on to it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2016, 10:22 AM

3,597 posts, read 1,531,647 times
Stereotyping for sure, lol. No place/region has a monopoly, but I'll give it a shot. The South; specifically NC for sure.....hehe.

Old 09-16-2016, 03:20 PM

18,100 posts, read 22,968,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prickly Pear View Post
After being a member on this forum a while you get to recognize posters and remember some of their old posts where they mentioned something about themselves. Also the "Most beautiful AND friendly women in the US are from..." thread had a lot more posters and more activity, thus adding on to it.
Maybe it depends which forums you hang out in. I have never felt an unbalance of sexual preferences or sexes LOL.

Old 09-17-2016, 07:46 AM

44,803 posts, read 36,186,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCCan View Post
I don't really enjoy being tall at 5'9 and it does limit the men who might be interested. I think handsome men are all over the country! But differences in height I believe to vary between areas. I felt like a giant in Miami and Texas, average height in Colorado and small in Wyoming. So much variation in 'friendliness' as well.
I'm 5'8" and until a few years ago, I worked in a professional office environment, so I wore heels all the time. Those heels generally made me about 5'10" or 5'11".

I married young (early twenties) but got a divorce when I was in my early 40s, so I started dating again. Absolutely zero problems. I don't recall even one time having any sort of height issue, or discussion with anyone. (I live in Texas by the way.)

Honestly, if men had a problem with my height - maybe they just didn't approach me, or maybe I just wasn't attracted subconsciously to shorter men, I don't know. But it didn't make any impact on my dating life at all.

A few years later, I remarried. My husband is 5'11. Now, to be honest, if I put on heels, he will say, "There you go with that Amazon stuff," or something like that. But when he puts on shoes, he's always taller than me anyway, I guess - I don't know. But in a combination of age (I'm now in my 50s) and not working in an office anymore so I dress more casually anyway, most of my shoes have 2 inch or lower heels.

Funny thing - my best friend is 5'2" and I'm pretty sure that when we hang out together we look like Mutt and Jeff. But neither of us cares.

Anyway, my experience in Texas was that:

1) Apparently my height wasn't an issue -and I'm sure it helped that I'm very confident about my height (I really, really, really like being tall).

2) I didn't notice any shortage of men who are taller than me.

3) Yes, I do prefer a man to be taller than me. I don't like stooping down to kiss a man. It just seems like the dynamics of the relationship change somehow. I'm not at all criticizing those who are comfortable with this scenario - I realize it's a learned behavior on my part. But it's a learned behavior that I have no problem with.

Old 09-17-2016, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoreSnowForMe View Post
I haven't read all of the responses, but what do you mean that "those who are attracted to men are in the minority out of all the posters on here"?

Before I read any responses, my immediate answer was "Texas." Texans, both male and female, are very friendly and easy to talk to, and the culture is relaxed. They also still open doors for women and by and large treat women like ladies.

(snip)

And, it's amazing how most anybody will look attractive when they are friendly and polite and have good manners. It's attractive.
I totally agree about the Texas thing. Something about this state tends to bring out the chivalry in some men and the friendliness and down to earth attitude in men and women alike.

And I also agree that being friendly, polite, and gallant (for lack of a better word) brings out the attractiveness in anyone. I mean, Lyle Lovett - with his Texas charm and a face that only a mother could love - landed Julia Roberts, after all!

Old 12-07-2017, 08:32 PM

6,061 posts, read 3,388,244 times
Funny how a lot of people mentioned men in Texas being on the short side. I guess its kinda true, I'm taller than a lot of men there and I'm 5'10. I don't think height matters that much in attractiveness. Yes, tall certainly helps, but I also had a huge crush on one of my best friends and he's only 5'4. Its more than just height for me, I look at the face shape, eyes, hair, lips, body. Certain things like tattoos or piercings can enhance attractiveness, if they look good on the guy.

Old 12-08-2017, 03:15 AM

4,403 posts, read 4,609,575 times
I'm short and have a strong preference for women who wear heels. I have no insecurities whatsoever if a woman towers over me.

I was recently in California and attended a church that was 99% Hispanic, mostly from Columbia. All the women wore heels..which was so nice to be around. Many if not most of the ladies in heels were the same height or taller than their husbands. I can not begin to express how pleasant that atmosphere was compared to the typical woman deciding to wear heels or not based on a man's height (or not associating with a shorter man if she wants to wear heels). If I lived in that city I would go to that church weekly just because of this...and if South American culture is like that in general they are better than us in that regard.

Old 12-08-2017, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadgerFilms View Post
Funny how a lot of people mentioned men in Texas being on the short side. I guess its kinda true,
I couldn't find anything that breaks down average height by state, but it stands to reason that states with the lowest percentile of folks from northern European stock (world's naturally tallest folks) and highest percentile of ethnic groups shorter than the world average would be shorter in general. Texas is one of four minority/majority states - less than 50 percent of Texans are white, Non Hispanic folks and Hispanics from Central America are significantly shorter than the world average and European averages as well.

Mapped: The world's tallest (and shortest) countries
https://brandongaille.com/list-avera...ht-by-country/

Old 12-08-2017, 06:42 AM

95 posts, read 59,033 times
Best selection of men are from Houston. They have equal numbers of handsome african american, latino and white guys. This is according to my cousin who comes here to visit and loves men of all creeds.

Old 12-09-2017, 09:57 AM

4,857 posts, read 2,986,679 times
I live in Denver.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or