U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-22-2016, 10:15 PM
 
4,796 posts, read 3,226,428 times
Reputation: 7260

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by goolsbyjazz View Post
Soooo, I'm guessing Phoenix is out of the question??? :-)
Haha... Yes. We can hardly deal with the santa clarita valley summers, don't think we'd survive one summer in Phoenix
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-23-2016, 10:18 AM
 
Location: In the hot spot!
3,399 posts, read 4,798,465 times
Reputation: 3201
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanms3030 View Post
Haha... Yes. We can hardly deal with the santa clarita valley summers, don't think we'd survive one summer in Phoenix
I completely understand! Phoenix summers can be brutal. Charlotte, NC, Raleigh, NC, Austin, TX, and Nashville are cities that come to mind. However, the allergens may be bad for your spouse. Colorado is nice, just getting more expensive and crowded. However, if you are looking at Colorado I hear Colorado Springs is nice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-25-2016, 05:46 PM
 
3,563 posts, read 1,516,044 times
Reputation: 2994
Quote:
Originally Posted by goolsbyjazz View Post
I completely understand! Phoenix summers can be brutal. Charlotte, NC, Raleigh, NC, Austin, TX, and Nashville are cities that come to mind. However, the allergens may be bad for your spouse. Colorado is nice, just getting more expensive and crowded. However, if you are looking at Colorado I hear Colorado Springs is nice.
I agree with these points. Charlotte, Raleigh, and Nashville are great, but there's a lot of tree and flower pollen in the South. Colorado Springs is a good alternative for allergy sufferers. Great area and affordable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-26-2016, 03:04 PM
 
345 posts, read 335,600 times
Reputation: 264
Nashville and Austin. Both have bunch of parks and hills. Lots of outdoor stuff to do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-26-2016, 03:39 PM
 
4,796 posts, read 3,226,428 times
Reputation: 7260
Quote:
Originally Posted by funtraveler1 View Post
Nashville and Austin. Both have bunch of parks and hills. Lots of outdoor stuff to do.
I have friends in Austin and have also traveled for work and I love the area. Not sure how it would work with wife's allergies as I think summers have a lot of pollen. But they do have great outdoors, great food and of course the live music. Never been to Nashville but I don't think we would like the south for other reasons
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-26-2016, 03:45 PM
 
Location: Aurora, CO
6,554 posts, read 10,257,939 times
Reputation: 9796
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanms3030 View Post
I have friends in Austin and have also traveled for work and I love the area. Not sure how it would work with wife's allergies as I think summers have a lot of pollen. But they do have great outdoors, great food and of course the live music. Never been to Nashville but I don't think we would like the south for other reasons
Allergy "season" in that part of Texas is damn near year-round.

I would not advise anyone with severe allergies to live anywhere in the Texas Triangle. Depending on what you're allergic to you could be miserable 8-9 months out of the year. It starts in January/February with mountain cedar and ends with the first frost in October or November. About the only time you won't have to worry about allergies is late November 'til late January.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top