U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2016, 10:53 PM

7,074 posts, read 4,925,427 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
Las Vegas is much more dense and easier to get around. It is on a grid also and much easier without a car then Phoenix.

Phoenix is very, very spread out. I knew before I lived there how spread out it is and I could hardly believe it. It makes Las Vegas and Denver seem tiny in comparison. Las Vegas feels like density city compared to Phoenix.

Both cities are made for the car with long streets on a grid, but Las Vegas is far easier without a car.

I would think a courier job would much better in Las Vegas as it does feel very dense compared to most western metropolitan areas.

Both Phoenix and Las Vegas are married, family cities but Phoenix is very married and family-oriented. The culture of Metro Phoenix is just as conservative as the Salt Lake City area.

Las Vegas is a libertarian city, but introverted it is not. Phoenix is far less libertarian but is very introverted. With so many people working in tourism and hospitality in Las Vegas it would be impossible to be introverted as a city.

Las Vegas tends to have a less extreme temperatures in May and June temperatures then Phoenix. In fact, May in Las Vegas is still very comfortable as opposed to Phoenix which is already has very hot temperatures.

Las Vegas and Phoenix have very similar temperatures in July

Phoenix will have more moderate weather in August. Phoenix has a strong monsoon as opposed to Las Vegas which means much more rain, humidity, but more days with slightly more moderate/cooler temperatures. There is much more cloudiness also in Phoenix in the late summer as opposed to Las Vegas which has a sunny summer with little relief.

Las Vegas also has more reasonable rents then Phoenix. Both are cheaper then Salt Lake City, but Phoenix has been appreciating rather rapidly because so many large companies have been moving to Phoenix.

In my humble opinion, I would think Las Vegas would be a much better city.
Not true at all according to the data. Las Vegas and Phoenix are basically neck and neck in this regard....Las Vegas is actually one notch up on the list of being more conservative than Phoenix:

Chart of the Week: The most liberal and conservative big cities | Pew Research Center

Phoenix is at least as Libertarian as Las Vegas though of course both cities/states have a large influx of residents from more liberal cities/states.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2016, 03:35 PM

3,491 posts, read 5,666,468 times
Phoenix.
-WT
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or