U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2016, 04:28 PM

2,037 posts, read 4,561,857 times

Advertisements

It always amuses me what people think Louisiana is like.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2016, 04:36 PM

13,227 posts, read 17,988,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Innotech View Post
It always amuses me what people think Louisiana is like.
Everybody in Louisiana knows how to play the trumpet, wrestle alligators, and cook gumbo and beignets. And they love LSU and the Saints.

Old 09-02-2016, 08:27 PM

9,448 posts, read 18,367,813 times
Serious meth problems and drug trafficking perpetuated by Breaking Bad stereotypes. Yeah, it's true.

Middle aged divorced woman burnt out on her career in New York, LA, or Dallas moves to Santa Fe, changes her name to Willow, takes up yoga, Buddhist meditation classes, opens her own pottery studio, and adorns herself in turquoise jewelry. Yeah, that's the Land of Enchantment alright .

Last edited by Desert_SW_77; 09-02-2016 at 08:39 PM..

Old 09-02-2016, 09:16 PM

6,087 posts, read 3,404,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee2 View Post
Washington DC. That we are nerdy/wonky
Really? I've heard various different ones.

Uptight, pretentious businessmen and women, people who work in the government, CIA, wealthy black communities, and the ghetto side.

The nerdy stereotypes is more what I hear about Silicon Valley.

Old 09-02-2016, 09:17 PM

6,127 posts, read 6,455,136 times
South Dakota...we have more cows than people. True.

Old 09-02-2016, 09:34 PM

6,087 posts, read 3,404,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert_SW_77 View Post
Serious meth problems and drug trafficking perpetuated by Breaking Bad stereotypes. Yeah, it's true.

Middle aged divorced woman burnt out on her career in New York, LA, or Dallas moves to Santa Fe, changes her name to Willow, takes up yoga, Buddhist meditation classes, opens her own pottery studio, and adorns herself in turquoise jewelry. Yeah, that's the Land of Enchantment alright .
I had a high school ceramics who used to live out in New Mexico for a while, and she made pottery out there. She was a genuine hippie, though.

Old 09-02-2016, 10:16 PM

4,552 posts, read 3,658,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i'm not a cookie View Post
People in Arizona love guns...unfortunately this is true.
Life in California is very laid back....unfortunately this is not true.
Damn right we do my business would struggle if this was not the case!

Honestly I can't think of another stereotype of Zonies off the top of my head. Hopefully Trump's speech did not make any more negative stereotypes of us Zonies. Someone can bounce a Zonie stereotype off of me, and I'll say if it's true or not!

Old 09-02-2016, 10:17 PM

4,552 posts, read 3,658,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert_SW_77 View Post

Wait, are you talking about Tucson?

If it helps, Santa Fe sounds like Sedona...

Old 09-02-2016, 10:21 PM

231 posts, read 155,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadgerFilms View Post
Really? I've heard various different ones.

Uptight, pretentious businessmen and women, people who work in the government, CIA, wealthy black communities, and the ghetto side.

The nerdy stereotypes is more what I hear about Silicon Valley.
Hmmm... all those things are true too!

It's a different kind of nerdiness from Silicon Valley... more like political nerds, or what we in DC call wonks!

Old 09-03-2016, 12:11 AM

247 posts, read 129,118 times
B.C. Canada -- stereotypes of snobby, cold people and that everyone smokes cannabis.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.