U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2019, 02:35 AM

1,233 posts, read 794,949 times

Advertisements

Chicago, the biggest untrue stereotype is that we eat deep dish whenever we do eat pizza. In reality, most Chicagoans eat deep dish once, twice, maybe three times a year if ever, and it's normally only for a special occasion (family visiting, party, holiday).

What is true is that Chicagoans drink tons of beer (Miller Lite mostly) and hate Wisconsin (mostly because of the Packers and Cubs fans hate the Brewers). Oh yeah, that whole crime part.... has some validity to it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2019, 03:33 AM

2,164 posts, read 1,461,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCrest182 View Post
Chicago, the biggest untrue stereotype is that we eat deep dish whenever we do eat pizza. In reality, most Chicagoans eat deep dish once, twice, maybe three times a year if ever, and it's normally only for a special occasion (family visiting, party, holiday).

What is true is that Chicagoans drink tons of beer (Miller Lite mostly) and hate Wisconsin (mostly because of the Packers and Cubs fans hate the Brewers). Oh yeah, that whole crime part.... has some validity to it.

Do Chicagoans still drink Miller Lite mostly even after the big craft beer wave of the past 10 years? Truth be told I'd probably rather have a miller than a bitter IPA which seems to have taken over the taps everywhere. but I'd go for the regular beer rather than the lite.

I will never understand why a bar will have 8 taps and 6 of them are IPAs, they all taste way too bitter and are frankly just bad beer. It's a trend that went too far and off the rails.

Old 06-16-2019, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Buster View Post
Do Chicagoans still drink Miller Lite mostly even after the big craft beer wave of the past 10 years? Truth be told I'd probably rather have a miller than a bitter IPA which seems to have taken over the taps everywhere. but I'd go for the regular beer rather than the lite.

I will never understand why a bar will have 8 taps and 6 of them are IPAs, they all taste way too bitter and are frankly just bad beer. It's a trend that went too far and off the rails.
Oh yeah, the craft beer/ microbrewery scene is massive here now (like it is seemingly everywhere), but on the regular beer side, I still see Chicago way more as a Miller town than a A-B town. Another popular one here is Modelo.

Old 06-17-2019, 10:26 PM

39 posts, read 13,430 times
New Mexico has a high rate of native american drunk driving = true.

Old 06-17-2019, 10:36 PM

3,220 posts, read 1,548,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCrest182 View Post

If Chicagoans take summer vacations and weekend trips to Wisconsin even all the way to Door County..... I do not think they hate Wisconsin. They know sports teams are a totally different thing. I doubt it changed much from the 80s I lived there and Wisconsin was my relatives playground.

Just saying .... being said hate Wisconsin. I'd say if any hate exist? It might be some Chicagoans toward their own state, IMO.

But the Pizza comment is definitely true. Thin-crispy crust Chicago Midwest pizza rules in neighborhoods. Oh and cut into small squares as party-style.

Old 06-18-2019, 03:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavePa View Post
If Chicagoans take summer vacations and weekend trips to Wisconsin even all the way to Door County..... I do not think they hate Wisconsin. They know sports teams are a totally different thing. I doubt it changed much from the 80s I lived there and Wisconsin was my relatives playground.

Just saying .... being said hate Wisconsin. I'd say if any hate exist? It might be some Chicagoans toward their own state, IMO.

But the Pizza comment is definitely true. Thin-crispy crust Chicago Midwest pizza rules in neighborhoods. Oh and cut into small squares as party-style.
Most Chicagoans don't hate the actual state of Wisconsin, and the "hate" is kind of all in good fun, but there's definitely a divide between Chicagoans and Wisconsites and a bit of a rivalry. Hell, Wisconsin even has a name for drivers from Illinois; "FIB's"; which stands for "F***ng Illinois Bastards". Sort of like M*******s in MA. Sports? 100% a rival there, both between the Bears/Packers (obviously) and recently the Cubs/Brewers.

I still cannot believe Milwaukee/Wisconsin doesn't have an NHL team.

Last edited by CCrest182; 06-18-2019 at 03:32 AM..

Old 06-18-2019, 08:44 AM

1,242 posts, read 637,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadgerFilms View Post
My stereotypes of Ohio involves huge fans of football, especially college football, lots of sports bars and everyone loves drinking of course, drinking and cow tipping!

Basically, like Wisconsin but with less cheese.
Cow tipping? I never saw that anywhere in Ohio.

Old 06-18-2019, 08:58 AM

1,020 posts, read 1,235,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lo-Fi View Post
Pennsylvania stereotype: PA men are the most attractive, intelligent, witty, and well-endowed in the USA.

Reality: True. Runner up is Iowa.
Just read this and thought it was funny. How do you know it is true that PA men are the most well-endowed, and the runner up is Iowans? Just curious.

Old 06-18-2019, 09:51 AM

419 posts, read 127,957 times
The Iowa stereotype of brutal all around weather (freezing cold winters, blazing hot summers, tornadoes, floods, blizzards, wind storms) is pretty true.

Places to the south don't get as bad of a winter, places to the north don't get as hot of a summer and as many violent storms.

Old 06-18-2019, 10:29 AM

821 posts, read 315,278 times
Western part of Washington State. Don't talk to me or look at me....ever. I'll crawl over a bed of hot coals for coffee...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.