Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-05-2016, 07:56 PM

2 posts, read 1,754 times

Advertisements

I am sincerely wanting to move somewhere that basically isn't Florida. Lol. As nice and bright as people make it sound that is sometimes the issue but more so I truly would just want to be closer to those who understand my way of life. For myself it is not really wanting to find a coven. Just a group of people who share the same understandings as I. Guess that does sound like a coven the more I re read that in my head. Lol. Anyway, I am also looking for a place where I can experience all four beautiful seasons of the year. Not just one long, hot, humid, dreadful summer. Can anybody inform me of some great places preferably on the east coast? Could consider the west coast. Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2016, 08:20 PM

9,911 posts, read 7,697,498 times
Richmond VA, Philly/Pittsburgh, Salem Ma, Portsmouth NH, and Charlotte/Raleigh area NC

Old 09-05-2016, 09:22 PM

8,452 posts, read 15,041,876 times
Salem, Mass.

Enchanted of Salem, An authentic Salem Witch shop in Salem, MA and Online!

Witches in Salem | Spiritual Travels

...and many more such places in Salem.

Old 09-05-2016, 09:33 PM

1,122 posts, read 925,470 times
Boston has what the pagans seek; right on the Rose Kennedy Greenway....

The pagan tour begins about 1/3 down the page....

Rose Kennedy Greenway - Page 299 - archBOSTON.org

Old 09-05-2016, 09:36 PM

63 posts, read 75,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightlysparrow View Post
I wonder if Salem is liked or disliked in the Pagan community with all that happened there?

Old 09-06-2016, 07:03 AM

27,215 posts, read 43,910,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by indigobloom93 View Post
I am sincerely wanting to move somewhere that basically isn't Florida. Lol. As nice and bright as people make it sound that is sometimes the issue but more so I truly would just want to be closer to those who understand my way of life. For myself it is not really wanting to find a coven. Just a group of people who share the same understandings as I. Guess that does sound like a coven the more I re read that in my head. Lol. Anyway, I am also looking for a place where I can experience all four beautiful seasons of the year. Not just one long, hot, humid, dreadful summer. Can anybody inform me of some great places preferably on the east coast? Could consider the west coast. Thanks in advance!
Western NC in/around Asheville including towns like Weaverville, Black Mountain and Brevard would be my recommendation in terms of livability as far as climate, religious tolerance and more everyday individuals versus some Wiccan communities where it's maybe a bit too over the top in terms of involvement and acceptance of new residents.

Old 09-06-2016, 07:13 AM

10,019 posts, read 15,662,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightlysparrow View Post
Don't believe that stuff about Salem. That's tourist hype.

Old 09-06-2016, 07:23 AM

10,749 posts, read 23,819,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyB View Post
Don't believe that stuff about Salem. That's tourist hype.
Actually I lived in Salem for two years and there definitely is a large presence of pagans and wiccans there. The tourist hype is centered around Halloween which is actually pretty fun since they celebrate it the whole month of October.

Old 09-06-2016, 11:41 AM

6,772 posts, read 4,518,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
Western NC in/around Asheville including towns like Weaverville, Black Mountain and Brevard would be my recommendation in terms of livability as far as climate, religious tolerance and more everyday individuals versus some Wiccan communities where it's maybe a bit too over the top in terms of involvement and acceptance of new residents.
I second this big time! As a devout Christian, very few places I've been to that try to pass itself off as "tolerant" truly are. Disagree with them or simply have a different point of view, and see what happens. Asheville city is very liberal. The surrounding suburban areas are pretty conservative with pockets of liberal areas. But everyone gets along great when they come together in the various gathering places in metro Asheville. Nothing is shoved in anyone's face, there's no feeling you have to compromise your beliefs to interact with others, and there's a TRUE live-and-let-live vibe that I haven't seen anywhere else (and we travel all over the U.S.). We don't have to agree to get along and enjoy each other's company. That seems to be so lost in much of America. We live an hour and 15 minutes from Asheville and love visiting there regularly. Great, great place!

Old 09-07-2016, 08:41 AM

2 posts, read 1,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
I have been researching everyone's recommendations but I am a bit concerned about neighborhoods and which ones are better when it comes down to me raising children. Do you or anyone else know which neighborhoods are better then others and which ones have better schools?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.