Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-23-2017, 07:15 PM

25 posts, read 40,051 times

Advertisements

If ever, then I have only driven through a tip of Texas.
but, about 2 years ago, I drove in to LA and to Santa Monica.

It was still snowing in Colorado at the time (where I came from, driving to California)
but whilst I tan well, I was burnt bad in Santa Monica within one hour.

but, the amount of people in LA.
Horrible.
It disgusted me.
I couldn't enjoy my self at all.
I stopped at a Walmart and the amount of people was horrible.

but now, I am considering to visit either San Antonion/Austin area of Texas
else Sacramento area of California.

Only because both are about 1.5 to 2 hours from the ocean and because I can make money in those areas.

but what is the difference that I would be looking at?

I have travelled much of the US but LA made me horrified and I left immediately after spending that one hour on the ocean and the little time of driving through the cities.
I stayed there overnight but I was in shock of how many humans and the smog and a car half way rolled off of the hollywood mountain after coming down from the mountain after 15 minutes (car was not rolled off while coming up the mountain) and a pan handler cussing at anyone who didn't give him money at the light.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2017, 08:07 PM

8,452 posts, read 15,038,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelackof View Post
...the amount of people in LA.
Horrible.
It disgusted me.... in shock of how many humans
Population approximate 2017:
Austin--947 thousand
Sacramento--2.3 million

Old 12-23-2017, 09:58 PM

6,470 posts, read 4,070,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightlysparrow View Post
Population approximate 2017:
Austin--947 thousand
Sacramento--2.3 million
That’s wrong you compared Sac metro to city limits.
Austin- 2.1 million people
San Antonio-2.4 million people.

Old 12-24-2017, 06:02 AM

5,847 posts, read 6,182,654 times
Quote:

Only because both are about 1.5 to 2 hours from the ocean and because I can make money in those areas.
Austin and/or San Antonio only 1.5 to 2 hours from the ocean? That might be stretching it a bit. If you are on the S/SE fringes of San Antonio and going to Corpus or Port Aransas you might be able to make it in 2-2.5. From Austin, you are looking at a 3-4 hour drive.

Old 12-25-2017, 01:12 PM

448 posts, read 591,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Ag 93 View Post
Austin and/or San Antonio only 1.5 to 2 hours from the ocean? That might be stretching it a bit. If you are on the S/SE fringes of San Antonio and going to Corpus or Port Aransas you might be able to make it in 2-2.5. From Austin, you are looking at a 3-4 hour drive.
I live in New Braunfels north of San Antonio and it takes me just over 2 hours to get to Corpus and 2.5 hours to Rockport. I go a couple times a year.

Old 12-25-2017, 09:07 PM

2,096 posts, read 2,325,011 times
Sacramento will be full & terrible like the rest of California soon. Housing prices are already on the rise, and so is the amount of people going there. I currently live in the Bay Area, and thankfully I am moving elsewhere in March for a job relocation.

I will forever avoid California like the plague once I leave.

Old 12-25-2017, 10:31 PM

422 posts, read 396,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg10556 View Post
Sacramento will be full & terrible like the rest of California soon. Housing prices are already on the rise, and so is the amount of people going there. I currently live in the Bay Area, and thankfully I am moving elsewhere in March for a job relocation.

I will forever avoid California like the plague once I leave.
Just because you’re being forced out the state doesn’t make it and the City of Sac a “terrible place.” There is a reason people are moving to the area partly due to the affordability- although that is rapidly changing but the job market has picked up and the city is on the rise.

Old 12-26-2017, 08:54 AM

2,096 posts, read 2,325,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westsaeed View Post
Just because you’re being forced out the state doesn’t make it and the City of Sac a “terrible place.” There is a reason people are moving to the area partly due to the affordability- although that is rapidly changing but the job market has picked up and the city is on the rise.
Forced out is beyond a stretch, I make plenty of $$$ to afford the Bay Area (which is way more expensive than Sacramento). I simply hate this extreme liberal place. It’s not the place for me, and I’m okay with that.

Old 12-26-2017, 07:13 PM

23,688 posts, read 9,375,514 times
Quote:
If ever, then I have only driven through a tip of Texas.
but, about 2 years ago, I drove in to LA and to Santa Monica.

It was still snowing in Colorado at the time (where I came from, driving to California)
but whilst I tan well, I was burnt bad in Santa Monica within one hour.

but, the amount of people in LA.
Horrible.
It disgusted me.
I couldn't enjoy my self at all.
I stopped at a Walmart and the amount of people was horrible.

but now, I am considering to visit either San Antonion/Austin area of Texas
else Sacramento area of California.

but what is the difference that I would be looking at?

I have travelled much of the US but LA made me horrified and I left immediately after spending that one hour on the ocean and the little time of driving through the cities.
I stayed there overnight but I was in shock of how many humans and the smog and a car half way rolled off of the hollywood mountain after coming down from the mountain after 15 minutes (car was not rolled off while coming up the mountain) and a pan handler cussing at anyone who didn't give him money at the light.
Austin is at least 3 to 4 hours from the Gulf
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.