U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2016, 11:04 AM

6,626 posts, read 3,693,281 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
Several of Albuquerque's most prominent breweries are packaging, Marble, La Cumbre, Tractor, Kellys, at the very least, and of course Santa Fe Brewing which while technically not from Albuquerque has a huge presence here with their new tasting room.

I don't think they are distributing out of state yet, though, except maybe Colorado.

We like to keep this all a secret...all our own. The NM Brewer's Guild has about 50 member breweries and growing...in a state with 2 million people. I can no longer keep up with the new breweries and taprooms so I settled on four or five close to home. I think a brewery crawl is on the horizon to see what is new.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2016, 11:46 AM

55 posts, read 32,499 times
ABQ is indeed a well kept secret. Even though I'm new here I've tasted enough brew from around the country to know this place has it going on. I've mentioned a few of them previously but worth saying again.
Tractor Milk Stout
Bosque Scotia Scottish Ale
Santa Fe State Pen Porter
Marble Red
Nexus Stout

Couple of good porters out of Colorado- Odell's Cutthroat Porter and Breckenridge's Vanilla Porter.

Taste the beer, not the water!!!

Old 10-03-2016, 11:33 AM

159 posts, read 169,399 times
Some underrated cities include Nashville, Baltimore and Cincinnati.

Old 03-27-2017, 08:15 PM

3,968 posts, read 3,505,039 times
Best Beer Scene Winners: 2017 10Best Readers' Choice Travel Awards

Here's a nice arbitrary list for the top beer scenes

Old 03-27-2017, 08:27 PM

706 posts, read 515,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smashystyle View Post
Albuquerque is a surprisingly great craft beer city. https://www.thrillist.com/drink/nati...ies-in-america ABQ was also 17th in Travel & Leisure's best beer cities and Marble Brewery won the award for best small brewery at the 2014 GABF.
It's hard to top a Marble. Their beers go so well with local chile.

Old 03-27-2017, 09:54 PM

1,509 posts, read 1,398,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincydave8 View Post
Bottom line is there are tons of great breweries all over the country. What used to be walking to your corner bar for a pint is becoming walking to your corner brewery for a pint. In Greater Cincinnati we have close to 70 breweries with more opening up so often it's hard to keep track. Most of them are just small neighborhood micro-breweries.
Seventy breweries? Beer Advocate only list 17.

Old 03-28-2017, 12:11 AM

12,201 posts, read 10,438,641 times
Portland, San Diego, Denver & Philadelphia for large cities; Ft. Collins, Grand Rapids & Asheville for small cities.

Cincy has a solid emerging beer scene, but so do many other cities in the country. The greater Dayton area alone has over a dozen breweries for a pretty small metro.

Old 03-28-2017, 05:52 AM

595 posts, read 498,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyadic View Post
Seventy breweries? Beer Advocate only list 17.
That must be really dated then or they're just counting the ones in the city limits, but I think there's more than 17 just in the city.

Full List of Cincinnati Breweries - Cincy Weekend

Old 03-28-2017, 11:13 AM

21 posts, read 33,866 times
Most of the good "Portland" beer is actually from Bend in central Oregon. But even then, I think Portland beer is way over hyped when compared to San Diego, Lake Michigan (Milwaukee, Chicago, to Three Floyds in Indiana and Bells/Founders in Michigan), Denver.

Old 03-28-2017, 11:27 AM

11,179 posts, read 22,403,520 times
I actually just saw an article last week about how Chicago has grown to rival only Portland, Or in the number of breweries and becoming a craft beer powerhouse.

Chicago area now has over 150 breweries, and due to its centralized location and being such a huge beer drinking city, it has one of the largest if not the largest inventory of craft beers available anywhere in the country.

http://www.chicagobusiness.com/artic...the-right-city
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or