U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 09-15-2016, 07:51 AM
 
Location: At my house in my state
638 posts, read 714,667 times
Reputation: 667

Advertisements

I am wondering what the greatest part of your town is to get the most candy and enjoy some good neighborhood architecture.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-15-2016, 09:39 AM
 
Location: Pittsburgh, PA (Morningside)
12,448 posts, read 11,955,665 times
Reputation: 10561
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarecrow- View Post
I am wondering what the greatest part of your town is to get the most candy and enjoy some good neighborhood architecture.
I dunno about best, but in general I'd say the most efficient are dense upscale rowhouse neighborhoods. You don't waste much time walking, since the houses are right next to each other and don't have front lawns. I've gone out with my kids before and literally filled up multiple bags with candy just going up and down four streets.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-15-2016, 09:58 AM
 
7,744 posts, read 4,590,691 times
Reputation: 8454
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschaton View Post
I dunno about best, but in general I'd say the most efficient are dense upscale rowhouse neighborhoods. You don't waste much time walking, since the houses are right next to each other and don't have front lawns. I've gone out with my kids before and literally filled up multiple bags with candy just going up and down four streets.
Shadyside, West of Aiken, is hands down, the best area in Pittsburgh. Everyone participates, there are tons of decorations, a wide variety of treats, including drinks and full-sized candy bars/bags of chips. One family actually has dessert buffet in the house.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-15-2016, 11:11 AM
 
Location: Savannah GA
13,423 posts, read 16,991,244 times
Reputation: 9513
The rich ones
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-17-2016, 09:33 AM
 
Location: North Idaho
22,745 posts, read 28,819,735 times
Reputation: 43952
I don't know that so many kids are out doing trick or treat. There are city sponsored activities/ Halloween parties for the kids that keep them safe and provide plenty of candy. The malls all hand out candy, so some families go around the malls.

I'm outside the city limits and haven't seen a trick-or-treater for the past 20 years. I buy the candy just in case they come to teh door, but I end up eating it all myself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-17-2016, 09:34 AM
 
Location: North Idaho
22,745 posts, read 28,819,735 times
Reputation: 43952
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsboy View Post
The rich ones
Rich houses often hand out cheap candy becasue they have to buy so much candy to give out to all the kids in the whole town. Rich houses often have the best decorating, though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-18-2016, 09:15 AM
 
Location: Los Angeles,CA & Scottsdale, AZ
1,934 posts, read 1,706,265 times
Reputation: 1742
Phoenix- Arcadia for sure
LA- Pasadena

Both neighborhoods look very similar in my opinion. Green grass, beautiful homes, huge trees, golden retrievers, great neighborhood/community feeling, ect.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-18-2016, 04:00 PM
 
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico
1,387 posts, read 1,696,527 times
Reputation: 1729
In Albuquerque it is the Huning Castle neighborhood, also known as the Country Club area because it is next to the Albuquerque Country Club. It is just west of Downtown Albuquerque and is mostly Spanish Colonial and Mediterranean Revival styles of homes built in the 1920s to 1940s, but it also has a lot of Ranch-style homes built in the 1950s, New Mexico Pueblo Revival and Territorial styles, some American Colonial Revival, and modern styles of homes as well.

https://www.google.com/maps/@35.0894...GNIyfkStGQ!2e0

https://www.google.com/maps/@35.0890...oao61FGuVQ!2e0

https://www.google.com/maps/@35.0874...ZNFHR9ZVaQ!2e0

https://www.google.com/maps/@35.0886...UMrej-ppig!2e0
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-19-2016, 03:31 PM
 
Location: Cbus
1,721 posts, read 1,407,271 times
Reputation: 2093
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQalex View Post
In Albuquerque it is the Huning Castle neighborhood, also known as the Country Club area because it is next to the Albuquerque Country Club. It is just west of Downtown Albuquerque and is mostly Spanish Colonial and Mediterranean Revival styles of homes built in the 1920s to 1940s, but it also has a lot of Ranch-style homes built in the 1950s, New Mexico Pueblo Revival and Territorial styles, some American Colonial Revival, and modern styles of homes as well.

https://www.google.com/maps/@35.0894...GNIyfkStGQ!2e0

https://www.google.com/maps/@35.0890...oao61FGuVQ!2e0

https://www.google.com/maps/@35.0874...ZNFHR9ZVaQ!2e0

https://www.google.com/maps/@35.0886...UMrej-ppig!2e0
Very nice looking neighborhood. This might sound ignorant but I expected Albuquerque to lack grass and have rock yards like many areas of Phoenix.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-19-2016, 09:39 PM
 
Location: Logan Square, Chicago
93 posts, read 55,370 times
Reputation: 185
For Chicago it'd definitely be Lincoln Park: https://www.google.com/maps/@41.9194...2!8i6656?hl=en

https://www.google.com/maps/@41.9229...2!8i6656?hl=en

Or Lakeview: https://www.google.com/maps/@41.9362...2!8i6656?hl=en

https://www.google.com/maps/@41.9443...2!8i6656?hl=en
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top