U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Hottest state?
Texas 46 25.14%
Louisiana 6 3.28%
Alabama 0 0%
Mississsippi 3 1.64%
Georgia 1 0.55%
Florida 42 22.95%
South Carolina 2 1.09%
Arizona 80 43.72%
New Mexico 1 0.55%
Arkansas 2 1.09%
Voters: 183. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2016, 12:47 PM

4,856 posts, read 2,984,533 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridanative10 View Post
Is it humid? Sounds nice to me actually if dew points are comfortable, more time outside with the pool and barbecuing and their november will probably be nice and still warm, most places november months are pretty depressing with the time change and cold nights and less sunlight and grey dead look kicking in.

It's better than highs of high in the the 50's and 60's and lows in the 40's and 30's at night . 6 and 5 and 4:30 pm sunsets ,cold nights are right around the corner for alot of people. If a warm october is the price to pay for a nice mild winter, I would pay it
Highs in the 60s are glorious. Are you kidding? Really comfortable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2016, 01:08 PM

28,905 posts, read 46,733,389 times
Wherever my wife lives.

Old 10-04-2016, 01:25 PM

3,618 posts, read 1,566,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaylord_Focker View Post
Highs in the 60s are glorious. Are you kidding? Really comfortable.
Not the lows that come with it at night .I grew up loving 80 degree and over days because the pool temps were comfortable, its very expensive to heat a pool and my dad wouldnt do it much. I hate when summer ends, colder night temps especially when sun goes down, shorter days in winter because of where the earth is angled and pointed away from the sun.

Closing up the pool for the season , shutting down the outdoor kitchen, ocean start getting too cold to swim in, sailing is tougher as well with the change in winds. winter is just depressing

even fall seems to me pretty in some places but way overrated, deciduous trees losing their leaves is depressing . everything is bare and grey and cold soon enough

Give me a nice warm november and more nights outdoors and a nice mild winter and I will deal with warmer than usual Octobers and hot summers, alot of people are basically just miserable from november-april. very few people suffer from seasonal depression because of warm summers, now winter is a different story

Old 10-04-2016, 01:26 PM

3,618 posts, read 1,566,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Wherever my wife lives.
lol.

Old 10-04-2016, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridanative10 View Post
Not the lows that come with it at night .I grew up loving 80 degree and over days because the pool temps were comfortable, its very expensive to heat a pool and my dad wouldnt do it much. I hate when summer ends, colder night temps especially when sun goes down, shorter days in winter because of where the earth is angled and pointed away from the sun.

Closing up the pool for the season , shutting down the outdoor kitchen, ocean start getting too cold to swim in, sailing is tougher as well with the change in winds. winter is just depressing

even fall seems to me pretty in some places but way overrated, deciduous trees losing their leaves is depressing . everything is bare and grey and cold soon enough

Give me a nice warm november and more nights outdoors and a nice mild winter and I will deal with warmer than usual Octobers and hot summers, alot of people are basically just miserable from november-april. very few people suffer from seasonal depression because of warm summers, now winter is a different story
Good point. Current heat index, at 330 pm CST in Houston is 97 degrees. That's hot, especially for October.

Old 10-05-2016, 04:34 PM

6,855 posts, read 7,802,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaylord_Focker View Post
Good point. Current heat index, at 330 pm CST in Houston is 97 degrees. That's hot, especially for October.
And 90 and above with high humidity in Houston today, Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Jeez - we're starting the second week of October.

Meanwhile, I'm in Maine this week enjoying autumn. Sunny with temps in the mid-60s.

(My pic)

Old 10-05-2016, 06:22 PM

793 posts, read 438,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i'm not a cookie View Post
LOL @ the fact that Arizona is winning in the poll, smh. The question was what is the hottest state over all....I hope people realize that the whole state isn't like Phoenix, right?
A lot of people don't......I remember chatting once with a guy from Alaska who assumed that because I lived in Arizona, that meant I'd never seen snow and didn't know what it was. I've also got a female friend in Massachusetts who, for whatever reason, has never seemed to understand that Phoenix doesn't get 100+ degree temps during the winter.

Old 10-05-2016, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pine to Vine View Post
And 90 and above with high humidity in Houston today, Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Jeez - we're starting the second week of October.

Meanwhile, I'm in Maine this week enjoying autumn. Sunny with temps in the mid-60s.

(My pic)
Yeah, I don't think we hit 70 today in the Capital. It's fall. And, 90 may not be scorching hot, but it's too hot for me and it just doesn't feel like fall.

Old 10-08-2016, 09:41 AM

175 posts, read 95,739 times
Overall thats Florida. Btw this should be on the weather forum

Old 10-10-2016, 07:46 AM

44,780 posts, read 36,172,094 times
Meanwhile, yesterday's high in Tyler, Texas was a balmy 78 and the lows were in the low 50s. Today is much of the same, with abundant sunlight. GORGEOUS fall weather here! And no, we're not in the upper west Panhandle - we're parallel with Shreveport LA, Jackson MS, and Montgomery AL.

Got back from our vacation (to Maine - and yes, it was beautiful but we had to bundle up as if it was winter in Texas!) and the first thing we had to do was sweep the fallen leaves off our back patio.

One excellent thing about visiting Maine was catching the end of season clearance racks - apparently summer clothing in Maine is similar to what we'd buy for winter here - light jackets, hoodies, that sort of thing. We went to LL Bean but couldn't buy anything for winter because everything was so thick and hot we couldn't imagine wearing any of it at home. Thank goodness.

There's a reason that everything closes up there for the winter - and it's not because the weather is so fine. Meanwhile, we'll be outside on our patio enjoying our fire pit and our hot tub. Life is grand.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or