Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2016, 11:17 PM

57 posts, read 74,707 times

Advertisements

In your opinion what are some of the best cities in the USA for young (20-35) single men to meet and date women?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2016, 11:43 PM

7,775 posts, read 10,152,240 times
NYC and cities/towns with a large college presence.

Old 08-04-2016, 04:23 AM

95 posts, read 82,513 times
Nice topic
We want more information

Old 08-04-2016, 05:40 AM

74 posts, read 113,900 times
Boston!!! There are more females than males in the city (I read an article about it) and many pretty women. My two single male friends have had no difficulty meeting/dating women there. Also, because of all of the colleges and universities, there are women from all over the world, if you like diversity. Even though it's expensive, live with roommates!

Old 08-04-2016, 07:26 AM

11,052 posts, read 12,432,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutea View Post
Boston!!! There are more females than males in the city (I read an article about it) and many pretty women. My two single male friends have had no difficulty meeting/dating women there. Also, because of all of the colleges and universities, there are women from all over the world, if you like diversity. Even though it's expensive, live with roommates!
aha but the big problem is that the colleges and universities create more bubbles of people. It's actually quite difficult to meet anyone, friends or girlfriends, if you didn't go to school in Boston or grew up nearby. I'm saying this to counteract the notion that it's such an easy place to meet women. It's just like anywhere else. Just saying the presence of younger people and colleges doesn't necessarily matter.

But also, if you think that you currently don't get girls because of where you live, that is probably not true and has more to do with you than location. Assuming you live in a metro over 1 million people, trust me, there's more than enough women out there. What's the difference between having, say, 100k potential dating partners compared to 5 million potential dating partners? You are not going to meet that many people.

Old 08-04-2016, 07:53 AM

3,615 posts, read 2,327,898 times
I agree with bjimmys post, I dont think its very easy to meet women in college areas , there isn't an enormous difference between the numbers of men and women in that age group, there is once you get out of that age bracket. There are few cities where women outnumber men in that age group. once you get older there are tons of cities where women vastly outnumber men

Maps show cities where single women outnumber men - Business Insider

I find dating to be much easier for guys once you get older and your own place and some money, women in college are studying and there is tons of competition on campus and some women are looking for older men and sugar daddies, and money wasnt something i had much of in college

Old 08-18-2016, 01:38 PM

72,971 posts, read 62,554,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridanative10 View Post
I agree with bjimmys post, I dont think its very easy to meet women in college areas , there isn't an enormous difference between the numbers of men and women in that age group, there is once you get out of that age bracket. There are few cities where women outnumber men in that age group. once you get older there are tons of cities where women vastly outnumber men

Maps show cities where single women outnumber men - Business Insider

I find dating to be much easier for guys once you get older and your own place and some money, women in college are studying and there is tons of competition on campus and some women are looking for older men and sugar daddies, and money wasnt something i had much of in college
This is about single men age 20-35, so I will give my own perspective as a 30 year old. Once you're in your 30s, it gets harder. There are alot of other factors that go into this. Education levels, race, career level, having or not having kids(many single women in Atlanta have had kids out of wedlock).

Old 08-18-2016, 07:31 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,803,645 times
Portland, Seattle, Austin, or Denver.

If you can afford it, NYC, San Francisco, or Los Angeles.

Second tier would be Minneapolis, Nashville, DFW, as well as others I am not thinking of right now.

Old 08-19-2016, 05:18 AM

35,051 posts, read 31,258,424 times
Anywhere where there a lot of new transplants and new people coming in.

Old 08-19-2016, 05:28 AM

14,668 posts, read 14,631,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
This is about single men age 20-35, so I will give my own perspective as a 30 year old. Once you're in your 30s, it gets harder. There are alot of other factors that go into this. Education levels, race, career level, having or not having kids(many single women in Atlanta have had kids out of wedlock).
That's funny I found it much easier as I got into my 30s. Young people usually have too high expectations for what they expect in a partner. As you get s little older, you get more realistic and people more accept each other for who they are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.