U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2016, 06:05 PM

55 posts, read 62,530 times

Advertisements

I am from Southern California (Have lived in Los Angeles, Long Beach, and Orange County) and I spent 6 months living in WA and 3 weeks living in TX. Ive also visited OR, NV, NM, OK, UT, AZ. I was looking to leave cali in my early 20s but then I got married and ended up staying here 7 years. But now Im turning 32, just finalizing my divorce. And I have no kids so Im in the position that I can move anywhere. As far as my professional background, I recently worked for iHeartRadio doing data entry for a year, I worked for 8 years as a manager at a publishing company, and I have been the store manager at numerous retail stores. Ive been working full time since I was 15 until these past 6 months in which I have been unemployeed. When my divorce left me with nothing I was forced to move to a cheaper part of california with little job opportunities. Im looking to move away now more than ever. And Im hoping you can help me pick the right place.

What Im looking for is 1) affordable rent (1 bedroom apartments for $800 to $1200 max, and 2 bedroom houses for $300K or less) 2) job opportunities. It can be retail or office work as I have experience in both, but I want to be making decent money. With my good resumse Im looking to make $30,000/year at least. I previously made $58,000/year in Orange County. In a more affordable area I would be willing to make less obviously. 3) nature! I love the outdoors. Beaches, lakes, parks, sunshine, hiking, camping. However... all those things were enjoyable in CA weather. I would not enjoy them if bombarded by horrid humidity, below zero winters, or huge flying insects. So... mild weather would be ideal.

Unlike many other women Im not worried about school districts, public transportation, being in downtown city life (I hate traffic and smog), or having a big house or a lot of land for cheap. A simple 1 or 2 bedroom is all I need, with most of my time outdoors. Im not a city girl. I guess Im looking for a suburban area (safe area with resturants and shopping) within a 20 to 30 minute drive of outdoor things to make me feel like Im in the country. Does such a place exist??? A suburban city with a country feel.... or suburban city near (short driving distance to) country-like fresh air, sunshine, trees, grass? Thats the dream!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.