U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 11-29-2016, 12:35 PM
 
Location: Cbus
1,721 posts, read 1,401,284 times
Reputation: 2089

Advertisements

I have actually been enjoying Ohio weather lately (ask me again in January and I might change my mind ). Our fall here in Columbus was beautiful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-29-2016, 01:10 PM
 
3,597 posts, read 1,523,767 times
Reputation: 3026
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZanZeBar View Post
New Orleans isn't going to be much different than the rest of the coastal Southern US, though.
Totally disagree. I'm at the SE coast all of the time, since I live here in NC. I've also been to New Orleans on occasion, so I've personally experienced both extensively. With NOLA's huge delta marshes (much, MUCH larger and massive that anywhere else in the nation), it's noticeably more humid and has an unusual heaviness in the air.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-29-2016, 02:03 PM
 
Location: Jersey City
2,696 posts, read 987,386 times
Reputation: 1908
Wherever it's hot and humid in summer + frigid in winter...if such a place exists.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-29-2016, 07:48 PM
 
1,724 posts, read 1,154,698 times
Reputation: 2298
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
This sounds like Detroit, Chicago, Grand Rapids, Green Bay or Milwaulkee. You described these Midwestern towns down to a tee.
no kidding, I grew up around chicago, oppressive summer heat and brutal winters, and that wind off of the lake .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-29-2016, 09:47 PM
 
189 posts, read 109,361 times
Reputation: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by march2 View Post
Totally disagree. I'm at the SE coast all of the time, since I live here in NC. I've also been to New Orleans on occasion, so I've personally experienced both extensively. With NOLA's huge delta marshes (much, MUCH larger and massive that anywhere else in the nation), it's noticeably more humid and has an unusual heaviness in the air.
The SE coast has significant areas of marsh as well, especially from lower SC down to northern FL with those Sea Islands. Heat indices in NOLA aren't much different than the entire coastal area from Texas to the Carolinas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-30-2016, 01:03 AM
 
Location: Milwaukee
148 posts, read 65,884 times
Reputation: 169
Hurley, Wisconsin has a combination of long periods of freezing cold and huge snowfall that no other U.S. city can throw at you.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hurley,_Wisconsin#Climate
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-30-2016, 07:53 AM
 
Location: Bel Air, California
21,318 posts, read 21,881,811 times
Reputation: 33476
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott53051 View Post
Hurley, Wisconsin has a combination of long periods of freezing cold and huge snowfall that no other U.S. city can throw at you.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hurley,_Wisconsin#Climate

please, that seems like a walk in the park compared to many other places
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-30-2016, 08:03 AM
 
29,919 posts, read 27,355,630 times
Reputation: 18455
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZanZeBar View Post
The SE coast has significant areas of marsh as well, especially from lower SC down to northern FL with those Sea Islands. Heat indices in NOLA aren't much different than the entire coastal area from Texas to the Carolinas.
At least you can actually take a dip in the ocean along the SE coast.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-30-2016, 08:41 AM
 
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
5,616 posts, read 3,938,622 times
Reputation: 7917
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifijohn View Post
no kidding, I grew up around chicago, oppressive summer heat and brutal winters, and that wind off of the lake .
Only a fool would call Chicago's summers "oppressive". I don't think any soul would claim highs in the low 80s, and lows in the 60s "oppressive". Sure, there can be a few oppressive DAYS here and there, but overall? Chicago's summers are about as nice as it gets.


You want oppressive? Visit Houston, New Orleans, Phoenix, or Charleston in the summer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-30-2016, 08:46 AM
 
Location: Boston
432 posts, read 356,340 times
Reputation: 427
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG CATS View Post
Only a fool would call Chicago's summers "oppressive". I don't think any soul would claim highs in the low 80s, and lows in the 60s "oppressive". Sure, there can be a few oppressive DAYS here and there, but overall? Chicago's summers are about as nice as it gets.


You want oppressive? Visit Houston, New Orleans, Phoenix, or Charleston in the summer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top