U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2017, 10:08 AM

4,857 posts, read 2,991,404 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by U146 View Post
I'd probably have to say Phoenix, San Antonio, Austin, Dallas, Houston, New Orleans, and Florida. As the poster above me stated, eight months of heat and humidity. I just don't view cold winters as being as bad as hot summers.
Agree. It's fifty here in DC and I think it's too hot. Was 92 in Corpus Christi this weekend. No thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2017, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessemh431 View Post
Seattle for its overly cloudy winter months. Phoenix, Las Vegas, Austin, San Antonio, Houston, South Florida for miserable summer weather. San Francisco for never actually seeing true summer or true winter weather. Just kinda stuck in between most days and filled with fog very often.

I love Chicago, NYC, and Philly as cities. They're my three favorite cities in the country as cities, but they have horrible weather also. Nearly all summer long, Philly was hotter than many places in the south. Taking the subway in NYC during a heatwave when the heat index is 110* is possibly one of the worst experiences anyone can ever go through in their life. Philly gets hotter, but at least the subway platforms aren't as hot. Chicago winters are brutal, but worth it for living in such a beautiful city. I wouldn't deal with that weather to live in a city like Fargo or something (no offense to Fargo).
I find that hard to believe. A lot of Texas cities had heat indexes above 96 degrees at 11 pm in the summer.

Old 01-23-2017, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
it's not that cold if you wear clothes
Yep, but going naked in 95 degree weather could make things worse.

Old 01-23-2017, 12:51 PM

5,300 posts, read 3,308,885 times
This was my first winter in Texas. We've had only a handful of days below freezing. All other days have been 50-75 degrees. I haven't needed anything thicker than a sweater. I'm sure this weather might be nice for someone who lived in Minnesota for their entire life and is tired of snow. But I really miss having seasons.

Old 01-23-2017, 01:34 PM

2,550 posts, read 1,642,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lepoisson View Post
This was my first winter in Texas. We've had only a handful of days below freezing. All other days have been 50-75 degrees. I haven't needed anything thicker than a sweater. I'm sure this weather might be nice for someone who lived in Minnesota for their entire life and is tired of snow. But I really miss having seasons.
I remembered that Feb was usually the worst month for winter in Dallas. It seems that the ice/snow storm always happens on or near Valentines.

Old 01-23-2017, 09:22 PM

6,979 posts, read 14,105,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaylord_Focker View Post
I find that hard to believe. A lot of Texas cities had heat indexes above 96 degrees at 11 pm in the summer.
Minus Texas haha. Texas heat is a different beast in the South. I was living in Philly for the summer for an internship, but go to school in Louisville, and have family and friends here. One of my best friends lives in Raleigh. So I mainly used Raleigh and Louisville/Lexington as a comparison, and almost day Philly was hotter than both. I can't remember if the DEEP South as significantly different, but Kentucky and North Carolina are Southern.

Old 01-24-2017, 08:57 AM

44,922 posts, read 36,220,301 times
This is why I love winter in Texas:
Attached Thumbnails
What city has the worst weather climate?-january-texas.jpg  

Old 01-24-2017, 09:41 AM

5,991 posts, read 8,321,280 times
I thought it's been abnormally mild/warm in the South so far this winter.

Old 01-24-2017, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
This is why I love winter in Texas:
That's fall in most places. Again, it was in the 90's in Corpus a few days ago

Old 01-24-2017, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessemh431 View Post
Minus Texas haha. Texas heat is a different beast in the South. I was living in Philly for the summer for an internship, but go to school in Louisville, and have family and friends here. One of my best friends lives in Raleigh. So I mainly used Raleigh and Louisville/Lexington as a comparison, and almost day Philly was hotter than both. I can't remember if the DEEP South as significantly different, but Kentucky and North Carolina are Southern.
I think Kentucky is probably more like Ohio weather wise than say Georgia.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.