U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2017, 04:20 PM

44,922 posts, read 36,220,301 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaylord_Focker View Post
Texas is a very big state. It includes Corpus, and Tyler.
Well, right you are! Who knew?
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2017, 07:18 PM

970 posts, read 1,642,224 times
Hands down. I understand Alaska is big too and I've heard Delaware is small.

Old 01-28-2017, 09:46 AM

516 posts, read 293,089 times
This entire topic is subjective. One can say they hate the climate of the northern midwestern states. While someone like me, having grew up in a maritime climate (western WA state), thoroughly enjoys the true 4 seasons of those states. I also enjoy the intense sun angles and heat of Phoenix, AZ. I very much dislike maritime climates, such as that of Western WA, western OR, Souther BC....

Old 01-28-2017, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krisps View Post
Hands down. I understand Alaska is big too and I've heard Delaware is small.
Hey, and Maryland is small too. But I don't think it's as small as Delaware...

Old 01-30-2017, 05:58 PM

1,791 posts, read 1,141,330 times
I would say:

Minneapolis: Winters are cold as hell and bleak, Summers are as humid as being in say NJ.

San Francisco: Arguably "Chilly" year round, awful summer weather.

New Orleans: Extremely humid most of the year with little access to beaches.

NYC: Very cold winters, humid summers, pollen filled springs where everyone gets sick, rough seasonal transitions in general.

Old 01-30-2017, 06:01 PM

1,791 posts, read 1,141,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flovis View Post
Kansas city has to be up there.

I wanted to move there until I saw the weather. No thx

Its like the Texas summers had a baby with Wisconsin winters.
Surprisingly not as bad as most of the Midwest - Springs start up earlier there (Tornado season) and while it's not as warm as mild as Denver in the winter, it doesn't have *as much* of extreme winter weather as say MN or IA.

Old 01-31-2017, 09:53 AM

1,562 posts, read 2,396,261 times
The worst weather is likely somewhere none of us live. I'm thinking parts of Montana and Idaho and Wyoming, North Dakota,add northern Maine to that list also. There is a reason that the states entire populations are like that of cities. Very Sparse and for good reason, elsewise people would have built them up far more than they already are.

I think depending on ones body make up the heat or the cold might be more tolerable. But one thing is for sure in this day and age especially TIME is of the essence. And the winter and cold climates are a real time stealer, warming up vehicles and scraping off and digging out of cars,roads is time consuming as is putting on all those freaking layers of clothes. A trip to the gym is like a marathon in itself just to get to the gym and disrobe just to workout, redress and head home. Not to mention the airport closures in snowstorms/icestorms (These are things that don't happen in summer) So without fail somewhere in the north will win for worst weather. the extreme cold does not last as long as the heat but when it comes knocking it's brutal, and generally less fun. Especially if there isn't a mountain to ski down.

Old 01-31-2017, 11:52 AM

4,857 posts, read 2,991,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Well, right you are! Who knew?
And now, go back to cherrypicking specific data points for your great state of Texas.

Old 02-01-2017, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaylord_Focker View Post
And now, go back to cherrypicking specific data points for your great state of Texas.
I don't know why it bothers you so much that I love where I live. But I think it's pretty funny!

The high today was about 74 degrees with abundant sunshine. It was GREAT!

Old 02-01-2017, 08:56 PM

20,853 posts, read 35,976,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by N610DL View Post
Surprisingly not as bad as most of the Midwest - Springs start up earlier there (Tornado season) and while it's not as warm as mild as Denver in the winter, it doesn't have *as much* of extreme winter weather as say MN or IA.
The heat and humidity in KC are infinitely worse than anything in the Upper Midwest. In terms of snow, most KC people react just like southerners and schools and some other businesses close down over a few inches of snowfall. The climate of KC is really the worst of the South and the North, but with none of the advantages of either region.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.