U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-30-2017, 05:38 AM
BMI

7,262 posts, read 4,489,778 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texyn View Post
Honestly, the North US is pretty interchangeable in regards to bad weather, whether you are in the PNW, the Midwest, or the Northeast; all just get too cold, and for too long.

Looks like Hawaii, SoCal, the lower SW deserts, and the coastal South are the only areas of the country that offer decent winter weather.
True....for winter....summer ...the list is smaller. Can't beat SoCal for year round good weather.
Lower elevation SW deserts are like oven in summer.

I'd rather live in Chicago then Phoenix.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2017, 01:58 PM

9,013 posts, read 2,726,253 times
Quote:
Honestly, the North US is pretty interchangeable in regards to bad weather, whether you are in the PNW, the Midwest, or the Northeast; all just get too cold, and for too long.
I don't consider that to be "bad" weather.

Quote:
Looks like Hawaii, SoCal, the lower SW deserts, and the coastal South are the only areas of the country that offer decent winter weather.
I don't consider a winter that feels like a slightly cooler version of spring to be "decent winter weather."

Old 04-30-2017, 04:59 PM

5,091 posts, read 2,136,536 times
"Worst weather" is totally subjective. There's no way to give an answer for the unanswerable.

Old 05-01-2017, 06:14 AM

105 posts, read 59,517 times
Well I already know Upstate NY has the worst winters, because we average about 2 or 3 days of sun a month and over 110" of snow and bitter cold.

Upstate NY also is gloomy in springtime as well.

This is our forecast. From today til May 15th, rain. We basically go from being Siberia to Seattle.

There area only three months of good weather in Upstate NY. Seriously. No exaggeration. Gloomy as ****ing hell here. So incredibly depressing.

Never move to Upstate NY.

https://weather.com/weather/tenday/l/USNY0997:1:US

Old 05-01-2017, 10:06 AM

5,616 posts, read 3,932,945 times
Quote:

Its a mild-ish winter, hardly what I call good. They still get snow (especially North Carolina), and occasional ice storms. Then you have the hellish humid summers with potential for hurricanes, and far too much rain for my tastes. The South = Hell to me.

Old 05-01-2017, 11:34 AM

2,998 posts, read 4,698,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILiveInAmerica View Post
Well I already know Upstate NY has the worst winters, because we average about 2 or 3 days of sun a month and over 110" of snow and bitter cold.

Upstate NY also is gloomy in springtime as well.

This is our forecast. From today til May 15th, rain. We basically go from being Siberia to Seattle.

There area only three months of good weather in Upstate NY. Seriously. No exaggeration. Gloomy as ****ing hell here. So incredibly depressing.

Never move to Upstate NY.

https://weather.com/weather/tenday/l/USNY0997:1:US
I live in western ny and had a very mild winter. The sun does come out here

Old 05-01-2017, 03:46 PM

2,452 posts, read 1,277,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
I don't consider that to be "bad" weather.

I don't consider a winter that feels like a slightly cooler version of spring to be "decent winter weather."
Different strokes for different blokes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG CATS View Post
Its a mild-ish winter, hardly what I call good. They still get snow (especially North Carolina), and occasional ice storms. Then you have the hellish humid summers with potential for hurricanes, and far too much rain for my tastes. The South = Hell to me.
Well, I'm talking about winter, so complaints about summer, hurricanes, rain, etc (largely beneficial, all things considered) go out the window. And the Coastal South is a large region; sure, places like NC are colder in winter, but then the region includes warm areas like peninsular Florida, and the Rio Grande Valley of Texas.

Old 05-01-2017, 05:50 PM

100 posts, read 54,609 times
Phoenix, Houston, Miami, New Orleans, MSP.

Old 05-01-2017, 06:08 PM

1,290 posts, read 1,123,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothy123 View Post
Phoenix, Houston, Miami, New Orleans, MSP.
Glad you included the hot with the cold here. As a MPLS booster I'd agree. Although I'd prefer the cold to the hot.

Old 05-01-2017, 08:33 PM

5,300 posts, read 3,296,612 times
Any state that has extremes for long periods of time.

Minneapolis might suck for some people because of the brutally cold winters for almost half the year. But Texas might suck for others because of the scorching hot summers for half the year.

The best climate for me? Probably a place like Maryland. You get 4 distinct seasons with weather that's never to extreme in any season.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.