Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-02-2016, 04:00 PM

292 posts, read 321,423 times

Advertisements

Houston's is pretty terrible I will say. Yucky hot weather.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2016, 04:02 PM

3,462 posts, read 3,159,458 times
Freezing cold with lots of snow is way better than freezing cold, cloudy for weeks, and bare brown grass. Try it some time. You'll see what I mean.

Last edited by TwinbrookNine; 12-02-2016 at 04:52 PM..

Old 12-02-2016, 05:04 PM

189 posts, read 165,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nukua View Post
Houston's is pretty terrible I will say. Yucky hot weather.
Stay salty.

Old 12-02-2016, 08:22 PM

170 posts, read 173,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinbrookNine View Post
Freezing cold with lots of snow is way better than freezing cold, cloudy for weeks, and bare brown grass. Try it some time. You'll see what I mean.
I have. Its only good if you can stay home and watch it snow through the window.

Try scraping 18 inches of snow and ice off your car in a blizzard then shoveling under your wheels so you can rock your car back and forth to get out of your parking spot so you can drive home from work at 0-10 mph in bumper to bumper traffic.

Let's not forget parking on the street and walking to your house because the city snowplow just plowed the width of your driveway with heavy slushy snow 3 feet tall and 6 feet wide. Don't forget to change into heavy winter gear after dinner so you can come back outside and clear all that snow off your driveway including that new 5 foot snow drift. Hope you can get the snow thrower started otherwise you have to shovel it.

Now it's morning and more snow has fallen overnight and the snowplow came back and plowed you in again so you have to clean the driveway again before you can drive back to work. Better salt the driveway and the sidewalk so you don't get sued if someone slips and falls while you're at work.

Old 12-03-2016, 04:40 PM

8,256 posts, read 17,250,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott53051 View Post
I have. Its only good if you can stay home and watch it snow through the window.

Try scraping 18 inches of snow and ice off your car in a blizzard then shoveling under your wheels so you can rock your car back and forth to get out of your parking spot so you can drive home from work at 0-10 mph in bumper to bumper traffic.

Let's not forget parking on the street and walking to your house because the city snowplow just plowed the width of your driveway with heavy slushy snow 3 feet tall and 6 feet wide. Don't forget to change into heavy winter gear after dinner so you can come back outside and clear all that snow off your driveway including that new 5 foot snow drift. Hope you can get the snow thrower started otherwise you have to shovel it.

Now it's morning and more snow has fallen overnight and the snowplow came back and plowed you in again so you have to clean the driveway again before you can drive back to work. Better salt the driveway and the sidewalk so you don't get sued if someone slips and falls while you're at work.
Living in a city where you don't have to drive though is different. Biggest issue becomes stepping in brown mystery slush, but you can avoid it. Rather avoid slush than plow a driveway and scrape ice off my car. And driving an ice box isn't as fun as getting into a preheated subway or bus.

Old 12-04-2016, 05:09 PM

1,349 posts, read 1,690,974 times
Quote:

And this exact scenario happens maybe 4-8 times a year. It's not like you do this every day.

Old 12-05-2016, 08:30 AM

5,649 posts, read 5,906,368 times
Quote:

You act like that happens every day. It doesn't. Not even close. I had to do that maybe 3 times a year at best. Its not that big of a deal, minus the traffic part, which can be frustrating.

Old 12-05-2016, 10:01 AM

524 posts, read 705,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinbrookNine View Post
I wholeheartedly agree! It is like Minneapolis vs. Cleveland, OH. Minneapolis may be colder but definitely sunnier.

Old 12-05-2016, 11:30 AM

969 posts, read 2,059,273 times
My weather preferences are more preferable than your preferences which are wrong, that's why I prefer to prefer my preferences, preferably.

Old 12-05-2016, 08:23 PM

5 posts, read 4,281 times
Welcome to Upstate New York. The worst winters in America.

Make sure you click "Next 5 Days

[url]https://weather.com/weather/tenday/l/USNY0983:1:US[/url]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.