U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-25-2016, 08:16 PM

566 posts, read 568,798 times

Advertisements

Looking to switch it up and am seeking suggestions, I keep an open mind.

I have lived in Tacoma my entire life and although I'm in love with this city, I think it would be good for me to experience something new for a couple of years and possibly longer.

What I like:
Ability to grow a wide variety of plants
Mild Weather (of course this one is tricky and I will be open to places without mild weather)
Progressive, but not snobby. I'm able to find this rare balance in Tacoma and hope to find it somewhere else.
LGBTQ friendly. This is very important to me being q ueer.
I love forests and salt water. I love mountains too but I can compromise. Possible compromise on all three depending.
Legal Marijuana. I support sustainable drug use 100% and I would like to be in a community that has similar views. At least with marijuana. Doesn't have to legalized but at least accepted.
Cost of living, Seattle prices are the highest I'm willing to go if it is the right place.
I like seeing people outside all year, vibrancy and walkability are very important!
I love old gritty character and colors!
Sustainability! The more eco friendly the better. And not pseudo sustainability/ green washing, although I'll take that too if that's the best the community has.
Lastly, I love art, I am inspired everyday by Tacoma's art scene and it would be a bummer to move somewhere that doesn't have at least some appreciation for it.
Oh also, public transportation is a HUGE plus

What I don't like:
Religious areas, keep it away from me please.
Snobiness and mass gentrification.
Straight edge people.
Cold weather/ snow/ ice
Unfriendly people
Racism
Bigotry in general
Bland suburbs
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or