U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2016, 12:42 PM

48,065 posts, read 45,465,557 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom77falcons View Post
The fact remains blacks are a large part of the reason why the US has such a high murder rate. FBI 2015 crime stats show blacks committed 37.8% of all US murders. Their population in 2015 is estimated at 13.3% of total US population, and yet account for three times that in US murders. Do you believe poverty alone is the reason?

https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s..._race_2015.xls
Members of the Black underclass within the Black population are 99% of the perpetrators. Most of the time, it is mainly Blacks dying. Consider this. How many middle class predominantly Black areas have high murder rates on the occasion that you find them?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2016, 12:51 PM

17,237 posts, read 19,536,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
DC is close to 50% Black, and has a murder rate lower than St. Louis, which has a slightly lower percentage of Blacks than DC. DC and St. Louis are different places.
I wonder what the murder rates would be in DC and St. Louis if you don't count the murders committed by low-income people.

Old 09-28-2016, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
I wonder what the murder rates would be in DC and St. Louis if you don't count the murders committed by low-income people.
Like I said, DC and St. Louis are totally different places. DC has a sizable Black middle class. St. Louis has a much poorer Black population, and alot of gangs.

Old 09-28-2016, 01:24 PM

8,377 posts, read 8,369,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I find this easy to believe. I live in Texas and Texas is about 40 percent Latino. Some of our cities are majority Latino. White folks are actually less than 50 percent of the population in the state of Texas and Latinos are the next largest demographic group.

Personally I think they are an asset to our state and to our communities.

Agreed.

Build a wall to keep the Yankees out.

Old 09-28-2016, 01:36 PM

12,333 posts, read 10,303,665 times
Quote:
Members of the Black underclass within the Black population are 99% of the perpetrators. Most of the time, it is mainly Blacks dying. Consider this. How many middle class predominantly Black areas have high murder rates on the occasion that you find them?

Therefore you believe the reason is poverty? I'm sure that is part of the reason, but as I have stated before, African Americans where I live seem particularly angry day to day. Accidentally bump into them or step on their foot on the bus and you have a fight on your hands or at the least you are screamed at. Why so angry?

Old 09-28-2016, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom77falcons View Post
Therefore you believe the reason is poverty? I'm sure that is part of the reason, but as I have stated before, African Americans where I live seem particularly angry day to day. Accidentally bump into them or step on their foot on the bus and you have a fight on your hands or at the least you are screamed at. Why so angry?
What city do you live in? Furthermore, why didn't you answer my questions?

Old 09-28-2016, 01:47 PM

8,377 posts, read 8,369,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parhe View Post
Texas seems to be surrounded by states that make it look better.
Texas has been slightly below the national average, so there's that.

My particular town (pop. 110,000) rarely has a murder most years. Gettin' bigger though.

Old 09-28-2016, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post
Texas has been slightly below the national average, so there's that.

My particular town (pop. 110,000) rarely has a murder most years. Gettin' bigger though.
I'm wondering if the number of middle class residents moving there might have diluted the murder rate.

Old 09-28-2016, 02:29 PM

12,333 posts, read 10,303,665 times
Quote:
What city do you live in? Furthermore, why didn't you answer my questions?

I don't know the answer to your question. Why don't you tell me the answer. Philadelphia is where I live, and I've seen the same in Baltimore and DC.

Old 09-28-2016, 02:44 PM

1,230 posts, read 974,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I find this easy to believe. I live in Texas and Texas is about 40 percent Latino. Some of our cities are majority Latino. White folks are actually less than 50 percent of the population in the state of Texas and Latinos are the next largest demographic group.

Personally I think they are an asset to our state and to our communities.
White people who say **** like this are just so pathetic, cringeworthy and corny.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or