U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 09-29-2016, 05:09 AM
 
Location: Boston, MA
11,757 posts, read 8,316,820 times
Reputation: 5806

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OuttaTheLouBurbs View Post
I guess population density doesn't mean anything to you? These are all apples to oranges comparisons.
East St Louis has a very low population density. Wanna guess what the murder rate is for that town?

 
Old 09-29-2016, 05:23 AM
 
Location: Katy,Texas
3,507 posts, read 1,706,241 times
Reputation: 2217
^^^^^^
No it doesn't, East Saint Louis is a city built for 90,000 people or more. All the good people left and the criminals remained, so it's actual density isnt 1,900 people per square mile but more along the lines of 6,500 per square mile and probably higher if it hadn't fallen on hard times. So yes population density is an important figure.
 
Old 09-29-2016, 05:28 AM
 
Location: Katy,Texas
3,507 posts, read 1,706,241 times
Reputation: 2217
What all of you guys are doing is being PC, you guys are giving criminals a pass, your saying it's not your fault you guys are black. You are excusing criminality. So trying to point out oh look lots of black people is disgusting way. I might as well say something like it's not your fault your a racist, your white. Which is complete BS because that itself is a racist statement and you are giving racists a pass by not placing personal blame on the racist himself. Same thing with Blacks.
 
Old 09-29-2016, 06:35 AM
 
Location: New Albany, Indiana (Greater Louisville)
9,856 posts, read 21,155,925 times
Reputation: 9420
I think the core problem is people in dangerous places always have a gun on them, so an argument over a video game there turns into a homicide, same argument in a safer area is a fist fight. I've lived in both Louisville KY and Lexington KY and there is a big difference in how bad each's high crime areas are. Louisville's bad area is large in area and population, isolated from better areas. Because of air pollution and being in a flood plain it will never seen gentrification. Such factors have led to decades of high crime which has now caused a major gang problem. We've had 85+ homicides so far this year. Lexington's bad areas are all adjacent to better areas and have seen improvements. Lexington averages 15 homicides a year with 300k+ people, a rate of 5 per 100k and no gang culture.
 
Old 09-29-2016, 06:38 AM
 
7,737 posts, read 4,581,276 times
Reputation: 8440
Quote:
Originally Posted by NigerianNightmare View Post
What all of you guys are doing is being PC, you guys are giving criminals a pass, your saying it's not your fault you guys are black. You are excusing criminality. So trying to point out oh look lots of black people is disgusting way. I might as well say something like it's not your fault your a racist, your white. Which is complete BS because that itself is a racist statement and you are giving racists a pass by not placing personal blame on the racist himself. Same thing with Blacks.
.
No one is being PC or excusing criminality. They're blowing dog-whistles. Thery are afraid to explicitly state what they mean, for two reasons: they know it to be abhorrent and racist and they want to avoid discussion of the actual causes of current conditions. You're posting like you say "akata", right now.
 
Old 09-29-2016, 07:48 AM
 
Location: Crooklyn, New York
28,269 posts, read 26,269,309 times
Reputation: 11726
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post
.
No one is being PC or excusing criminality. They're blowing dog-whistles. Thery are afraid to explicitly state what they mean, for two reasons: they know it to be abhorrent and racist and they want to avoid discussion of the actual causes of current conditions. You're posting like you say "akata", right now.
For some reason, crime (particularly Black-related crime) is an obsession of many conservatives. These people usually fit a strongly authoritarian profile and perceive everything around them to be a genuine threat.

Here are some questions that help determine how inclined you may be to authoritarianism. You can very strongly agree, agree, feel neutral, disagree or strongly disagree with the assertion being made.

What our country really needs is a strong, determined leader who will crush evil, and take us back to our true path.

There are many radical, immoral people in our country today, who are trying to ruin it for their own godless purposes, whom the authorities should put out of action.

This country would work a lot better if certain groups of troublemakers would just shut up and accept their group's traditional place in society.

A "woman's place" should be wherever she wants to be. The days when women are submissive to their husbands and social conventions belong strictly in the past.

It is always better to trust the judgement of the proper authorities in government and religion than to listen to the noisy rabble-rousers in our society who are trying to create doubt in people's minds.

http://personality-testing.info/tests/RWAS/1.php
 
Old 09-29-2016, 04:30 PM
 
Location: The liquor store
65 posts, read 38,375 times
Reputation: 67
Black and black crime is a big deal to everyone because it makes some of the most desirable areas of major cities unlivable. Also it affects EVERYONE. mOST white people from any city with a sizable black population have been attacked or robbed by black men in there lifetime, and denial of it is causing even more problems for our whole society.
 
Old 09-29-2016, 04:58 PM
 
56,705 posts, read 81,017,273 times
Reputation: 12544
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBellyBilly View Post
Black and black crime is a big deal to everyone because it makes some of the most desirable areas of major cities unlivable. Also it affects EVERYONE. mOST white people from any city with a sizable black population have been attacked or robbed by black men in there lifetime, and denial of it is causing even more problems for our whole society.
This is a lie in terms of victimization, as the vast majority of crime is intraracial. Hence, the term Black on Black crime is a misnomer, because of the general reality of crime victimization patterns. So, by and large, people need to be afraid of the criminals that look like them.
 
Old 09-29-2016, 05:12 PM
 
Location: Milwaukee
915 posts, read 1,663,287 times
Reputation: 1549
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
This is a lie in terms of victimization, as the vast majority of crime is intraracial. Hence, the term Black on Black crime is a misnomer, because of the general reality of crime victimization patterns. So, by and large, people need to be afraid of the criminals that look like them.
This is all good and true, but for many perception is reality. If they perceive the area to be dangerous it doesn't really matter what the crime stats say. New York City statistically is one of the safest cities in the US. You could explain this to some people until your blue in the face, it won't matter in their minds NYC is high crime.

Your fooling yourself is you don't believe many from the suburbs and elsewhere avoid the city, even in low crime area if they believe blacks are in the area. It just the way it is, sorry to say.

Many Asian cities have population densities far higher than all American cities with the exception of New York and for the most part have extremely low murder rates, so much for the density argument.
 
Old 09-29-2016, 05:17 PM
 
Location: The liquor store
65 posts, read 38,375 times
Reputation: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
This is a lie in terms of victimization, as the vast majority of crime is intraracial. Hence, the term Black on Black crime is a misnomer, because of the general reality of crime victimization patterns. So, by and large, people need to be afraid of the criminals that look like them.
Yes the vast majority is, if you want to look at it statistically, because statistically 90 percent of white Americans live in towns and cities that are less than 5 percent black. As for us who do not, as for people like myself from majority black cities. I know (knew) multiple whites murdered and carjacked by blacks for no reason and I myself and every white person I know has been robbed, beaten, or had something stolen from us by a black man. So it IS a big deal to us too. Black Americans (as a group) insane criminality makes everyone and anyone that lives near large groups of them in real danger, including black people themselves. If you have never lived on the black side of town in a mostly black city I would not expect you to ever understand.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top