U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 09-30-2016, 12:20 AM
 
11,456 posts, read 6,578,118 times
Reputation: 6091

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
Black on black crime is a big deal mostly to older suburbanites who live in racially homogeneous towns and suburbs. Younger White people who live in urban neighborhoods better understand the statistical probability of something terrible happening to them (probability is low, btw) and thus tend to have more perspective.

It's sort of like people in the middle of Kansas or Missouri who are TRULY afraid of ISIS and Islamic terrorism. Do they really think ISIS is going to waste its time targeting a Walmart in suburban Kansas City? You are much, much, much, much, much more likely to die in a car accident by the end of 2016 than you are by an ISIS attack, so why in hell do so many conservatives place such laser-like focus on terrorism?

If anything, you would think conservatives would cheer ISIS on because their main targets are the Big Blue cities that are loaded with "libruls" (NYC, SF, DC, etc.).
hahah, in a NYC context most of the people saying things like "bring back stop and frisk" are white conservatives who live in the suburbs and don't spend much time in NYC

 
Old 09-30-2016, 12:22 AM
 
11,456 posts, read 6,578,118 times
Reputation: 6091
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBellyBilly View Post
NYC is statistically safe but some neighborhoods in NYC are still some of the most dangerous in the country.
Not really. The Bronx is the borough with the worst reputation for violent crime, yet if it were a city, it would be nowhere near the top 10 of most violent cities in the country.
 
Old 09-30-2016, 12:24 AM
 
11,456 posts, read 6,578,118 times
Reputation: 6091
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBellyBilly View Post
Yes the vast majority is, if you want to look at it statistically, because statistically 90 percent of white Americans live in towns and cities that are less than 5 percent black. As for us who do not, as for people like myself from majority black cities. I know (knew) multiple whites murdered and carjacked by blacks for no reason and I myself and every white person I know has been robbed, beaten, or had something stolen from us by a black man. So it IS a big deal to us too. Black Americans (as a group) insane criminality makes everyone and anyone that lives near large groups of them in real danger, including black people themselves. If you have never lived on the black side of town in a mostly black city I would not expect you to ever understand.
My town is almost as black as it is white, and I work in a predominately black neighborhood. Yet I still don't agree with you.
 
Old 09-30-2016, 12:35 AM
 
158 posts, read 74,967 times
Reputation: 202
Get the gangs off the streets and watch crime drop like a rock. Of course that wouldn't be very PC after all most have been "rehabilitated" many many times through our PC revolving door justice system.
 
Old 09-30-2016, 12:47 AM
 
158 posts, read 74,967 times
Reputation: 202
Interesting thread.
 
Old 09-30-2016, 02:40 AM
 
Location: Appalachian New York, Formerly Louisiana
4,100 posts, read 4,733,270 times
Reputation: 5374
More poverty = more crime.

Black neighborhoods are often poorer.

I am not being PC however, as many (NOTE: many does not mean all) modern young blacks are poor because of their own laziness and victim complex. Several (NOTE: several does not mean all) wealthier young blacks spend all their time in "black lives matter" when they should be making something of themselves. Several (NOTE: several does not mean all) poorer blacks are insistent on gang life.

I added some notes in there so people can't honestly claim I am generalizing, too often the meaning of the words I use is lost on the passionate and reactionary non-thinkers from both political extremes.

Are many young whites lazy and entitled too? Absolutely. This is not a one way race track. Is every poor American poor at their own fault? No, no at all. Life really does crap on some people. Life is not black and white, everybody's situation is unique. You cannot always make more money by yanking at phantom boot straps. However, there are a lot of people in this country who clung to a victim complex so they wouldn't have to face responsibility for their own lives. A good number of these people are black and live in urban areas. They prefer to blame the boogieman of "institutional racism" rather than take an opportunity by the sweat of their own back, like they ought to.
 
Old 09-30-2016, 04:40 AM
 
7,703 posts, read 4,562,015 times
Reputation: 8417
Poor people living in close proximity with one another, plus guns. This isn't rocket science.

PG county was brought up as a counter, but most of the crime in PG county happens in the denser towns with poorer populations, like Seat Pleasant and Coral Hills. PG County's homicide rate isn't that different from Minneapolis'.

Of course, when you're a racist, you're going to assume race is the cause.
 
Old 09-30-2016, 05:05 AM
 
56,593 posts, read 80,890,793 times
Reputation: 12500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post
Poor people living in close proximity with one another, plus guns. This isn't rocket science.

PG county was brought up as a counter, but most of the crime in PG county happens in the denser towns with poorer populations, like Seat Pleasant and Coral Hills. PG County's homicide rate isn't that different from Minneapolis'.

Of course, when you're a racist, you're going to assume race is the cause.
It is like getting a book and starting 3/4ths into it.

This doesn't even get into the criminalization of certain segments of society. Top Adviser to Richard Nixon Admitted that 'War on Drugs' was Policy Tool to Go After Anti-War Protesters and 'Black People' | Drug Policy Alliance

Yet we have this: BlackDemographics.com | Study: Drug Abuse Higher among Whites and Hispanics than African Americans


To a post not too far above, while I know what you are doing, I think as to what people of a particular group do or even assumptions about said groups are just assumptions, as people come from a wide segment of society. Just look at the drug information above as an example of institutional racism.
 
Old 09-30-2016, 05:22 AM
 
Location: The liquor store
65 posts, read 38,297 times
Reputation: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by l1995 View Post
My town is almost as black as it is white, and I work in a predominately black neighborhood. Yet I still don't agree with you.
Working in the hood is nothing close to living there. How many times have the crackheads down the hall broke into your house while you were at work? How many victims of homocides did you know on a first name basis? Are there certain streets you know you can't walk down after dark in your neighborhood?

People say poverty but poor whites, Asians and Latinos are no where near as violent as poor blacks. In my hood the white folks just stay inside or are junkies that might steal your bike. The black guys walking the streets at night are murderers and robbers. Just last week an old man down the street from me got killed over his coat an two weak ago this local bum was sent to ICU over half a 40 ounce bottle. The youngsters are killing over nothing constantly.
 
Old 09-30-2016, 05:58 AM
 
22 posts, read 21,323 times
Reputation: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post
Poor people living in close proximity with one another, plus guns. This isn't rocket science.

PG county was brought up as a counter, but most of the crime in PG county happens in the denser towns with poorer populations, like Seat Pleasant and Coral Hills. PG County's homicide rate isn't that different from Minneapolis'.

Of course, when you're a racist, you're going to assume race is the cause.
As safe as Minneapolis you say?

Hmm... Violent crime up in Minneapolis for the fifth year in a row - StarTribune.com

I spent some time in Minneapolis and St Paul last year (in the middle of January no less) and was surprised at the vagrancy on the streets. I was accosted in both of the twin cities by people sizing me up. I went home and looked up the city on Wiki simply because I was surprised that my preconceptions about what a pleasant place it must be seemed incorrect. You know what I found had jumped from 2% to nearly 20% of the population in the last 50 years? I'll save you the surprise: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minneapolis#Demographics

Minneapolis now ranks as the 25th most dangerous city in the country: Report lists Mpls. as 25th most dangerous U.S. city, but Chicago isn't ranked - StarTribune.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top