U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2016, 03:22 PM

382 posts, read 358,567 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simpsonvilllian View Post
I think Clemson stacks up well with Vanderbilt . . . across the board.
Ha. haha. hahahaha. HA. HAHA. haha.hHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

The Dabo thing is really unremarkable. This was about 10 years ago. He was barely above a GA at that point. Lots of recruits on their radar for that cycle had his number. CU wasn't that high on me. Know who was? Rice and Tulane -- both considerably better academic schools than Clemson.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2016, 03:28 PM

899 posts, read 764,676 times
Forbes Welcome

W&L is ranked as the 3rd best university in the South by Forbes. It's the 9th oldest university in the USA. It usually ranks in the top ten for ROI nationally too. Most on here have probably never heard of it though. It doesn't even get much love here in VA (I don't think many of the students are local). It has a beautiful campus and is situated literally right beside VMI.

Old 09-30-2016, 03:30 PM

899 posts, read 764,676 times
In these parts, Clemson is seen as pretty average.

Old 09-30-2016, 04:00 PM

5,012 posts, read 4,714,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spencer114 View Post
Above average for a state school, but certainly not as good as Vandy. (Unless you are a person that thinks having a waterfall downtown automatically means you are the best city in the world).

Old 09-30-2016, 04:36 PM

18,627 posts, read 27,042,193 times
Quote:
Washington and Lee, William and Marry, UVA, UNC Chaple Hill, Emory, Rice, Vanderbilt, Tulane... Everything else is just a trade school
I'm sorry but the University of Texas absolutely belongs with these schools mentioned here.

Old 09-30-2016, 04:54 PM

7,581 posts, read 3,992,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 280Tony View Post
Ha. haha. hahahaha. HA. HAHA. haha.hHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

The Dabo thing is really unremarkable. This was about 10 years ago. He was barely above a GA at that point. Lots of recruits on their radar for that cycle had his number. CU wasn't that high on me. Know who was? Rice and Tulane -- both considerably better academic schools than Clemson.
you appear to be on here to talk about yourself. you should post your resume and what college you attended. I'm pretty sure Clemson is better than the college you attended, I assume UAB. most college athletes aren't lighting it up in academics anyway.

i agree the Dabo thing is unremarkable and not relevant to the topic or evidence that you have in depth knowledge of Clemson.

i don't think a person who called me 'Sally' and said 'what you are smoking' is likely to be lighting it up in academics.

Last edited by ClemVegas; 09-30-2016 at 05:06 PM..

Old 09-30-2016, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
Above average for a state school, but certainly not as good as Vandy. (Unless you are a person that thinks having a waterfall downtown automatically means you are the best city in the world).
i never said the waterfall downtown Greenville makes it best place in the world. i've given numerous reasons why it is my favorite spot, and I've said I would like it without the waterfall. Why are you bitter about the fact that I like living in Greenville.

you attack those strawmen though. You'll go undefeated against strawman arguments.

Greenville is much better than Nashville and Brentwood though. And I feel good saying you know nothing about Clemson yet you are reviewing it and comparing to another university, and you probably did not attend Vanderbilt. It as useful as reviewing and comparing two restaurants that you have never been to.

Last edited by ClemVegas; 09-30-2016 at 05:06 PM..

Old 09-30-2016, 05:00 PM

Quote:
I know for a fact companies in Virginia including AECOM and Dominion Power and Bechtel are high on Clemson grads. It does not seem likely you know what every commpany thinks about certain universities.

Last edited by ClemVegas; 09-30-2016 at 05:10 PM..

Old 09-30-2016, 05:20 PM

Checked out Vanderbilt's website. Clemson offers a lot more undergraduate majors than Vanderbilt especially in the life sciences, in addition to engineering and architecture.

Vanderbilt does not even have a business college which is crzy given business programs are usually the most popular at colleges. Clemson has a high ranked business school.

It is weird how Vandy and other 'elite' colleges have a college of arts and sciences. Clemson doesn't have liberal arts programs and science programs housed with the same college.

Many of Vanderbilt majors look like they are really they should only be minors. For example 'German and European Studies' wouldn't hurt as a minor but I think it is a better idea to do a traditional major to improve ability to get a job. German and European Studies is too niche.

Vanderbilt's divinity college def. blows out Clemson's because Clemson does not have one.

Old 09-30-2016, 05:21 PM

29,874 posts, read 27,333,728 times
Quote:
Washington and Lee, William and Marry, UVA, UNC Chaple Hill, Emory, Rice, Vanderbilt, Tulane... Everything else is just a trade school
No Duke, GA Tech, Wake Forest, UT?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or