Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2016, 11:54 AM

9,911 posts, read 7,697,498 times

Advertisements

Hi, looking at jobs in the psych/hospital sector I live in CT. The S.O. and I have been going back and forth on wanting to leave New England due to its high COL. However, we love NE and can't leave. We love to live in Mass but living there jobs in our field are too competitive and the housing market is too expensive.

We've been looking into Maine and New Hampshire. Love NH on every aspect except for jobs. I read an article that NH cut the number of psych beds in the State and I've heard Maine is a hot bed for those looking to work in the psych field.

I know NH has a private psych facility and a State facility.

S.O. finishes nursing at the end of the year and myself in 2 years hopefully. Myself since I've done Psych for close to 5 years like to continue as a nurse.

Just curious which State you think has the better job market?

Appreciate the feedback.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2016, 09:43 PM

9,169 posts, read 13,247,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunD1987 View Post
Hi, looking at jobs in the psych/hospital sector I live in CT. The S.O. and I have been going back and forth on wanting to leave New England due to its high COL. However, we love NE and can't leave. We love to live in Mass but living there jobs in our field are too competitive and the housing market is too expensive.

We've been looking into Maine and New Hampshire. Love NH on every aspect except for jobs. I read an article that NH cut the number of psych beds in the State and I've heard Maine is a hot bed for those looking to work in the psych field.

I know NH has a private psych facility and a State facility.

S.O. finishes nursing at the end of the year and myself in 2 years hopefully. Myself since I've done Psych for close to 5 years like to continue as a nurse.

Just curious which State you think has the better job market?

Appreciate the feedback.
This kind of question is why maybe there should be regional forums, like in this case, New England or the Northeast. Otherwise you have to wait for someone from Maine or New Hampshire to see this.

Maybe the best answer is to go post this question in the New Hampshire and Maine forums.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.