U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-19-2016, 08:51 AM
 
10,553 posts, read 13,114,040 times
Reputation: 6356

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ialmostforgot View Post
No, we don't. They are at least a five hour drive from us, and we don't depend on the deep south for anything, so why should we?

I'm sure that the deep southern states do not care about Maryland, and as some people from the deep south think North Carolina is northern, they probably think we're northern, too. That doesn't mean that they disrespect us, though.
I agree, it's like the last place I would care how they view my state. It's the most backward and poor part of the nation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-19-2016, 08:55 AM
 
14 posts, read 8,163 times
Reputation: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
Most Southerners don't think much about Maryland at all, in fact, I'd be surprised if most could even tell you what its largest city is. When the Baltimore riots were going on several of my coworkers asked me "where's Baltimore at?".
Wow at least you admit your dislike towards the state of Maryland, kinda like how some of the good ol boys express in aroundabout way of their dislike towards people of color....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-19-2016, 09:16 AM
 
Location: Greenville SC 'Waterfall City'
7,583 posts, read 3,999,195 times
Reputation: 2913
not sure if people in a state with Baltimore should talk about how other states are poor and backward. plus most of maryland outside of DC burbs and Baltimore is extremely rural.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-19-2016, 09:31 AM
 
14 posts, read 8,163 times
Reputation: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simpsonvilllian View Post
not sure if people in a state with Baltimore should talk about how other states are poor and backward. plus most of maryland outside of DC burbs and Baltimore is extremely rural.
Oh yeah Baltimore and Montgomery County are the most politically backwards areas in the US with 50 years of anti-business and anti-highway democrats that are bought by anti-growth tree hugging left wing extremist special interest groups....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-19-2016, 09:42 AM
 
29,919 posts, read 27,355,630 times
Reputation: 18455
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sports Guy View Post
Oh yeah Baltimore and Montgomery County are the most politically backwards areas in the US with 50 years of anti-business and anti-highway democrats that are bought by anti-growth tree hugging left wing extremist special interest groups....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-19-2016, 09:51 AM
 
Location: Brookhaven, Mississippi
135 posts, read 64,145 times
Reputation: 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simpsonvilllian View Post
obama won majority of rural poor counties in MS..
Yeah Obama won only the delta, Jackson metro, and Natchez areas. I wouldn't say majority because more counties in the state was red than blue at the time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-19-2016, 10:03 AM
 
Location: Greenville SC 'Waterfall City'
7,583 posts, read 3,999,195 times
Reputation: 2913
Quote:
Originally Posted by southside89 View Post
Yeah Obama won only the delta, Jackson metro, and Natchez areas. I wouldn't say majority because more counties in the state was red than blue at the time.
romney won most of the affluent counties in MS. The nice areas like Madison.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-19-2016, 10:04 AM
 
Location: Greenville SC 'Waterfall City'
7,583 posts, read 3,999,195 times
Reputation: 2913
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sports Guy View Post
Oh yeah Baltimore and Montgomery County are the most politically backwards areas in the US with 50 years of anti-business and anti-highway democrats that are bought by anti-growth tree hugging left wing extremist special interest groups....
i was thinking of the riots in Baltimore, plus the poverty there. when i used to go over there when i lived in Frederick, there would always be people standing out in busy 4 lane roads. they expect you to stop for them. it was bizarre

DC burbs have a lot of businesses but that is only because the government and other clients serving the government have to be located there. it is not because of a pro business climate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-19-2016, 10:07 AM
 
Location: Brookhaven, Mississippi
135 posts, read 64,145 times
Reputation: 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf39us View Post
I'm still wondering that myself.

I didn't think about this before, but he mentioned MS and SC -- Aren't these the state with the highest percentage African American population? Didn't we just get through saying that they tend to vote Democratic?
That's not true because the city I currently reside here is majority black and republican.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-19-2016, 10:09 AM
 
Location: Chicago, IL
3,298 posts, read 1,651,567 times
Reputation: 3558
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post
Interesting you consider "rural" and "southern" synonymous. Western Pennsylvania has a distinct accent, but it's not southern by a long shot.
I don't consider the two synonymous. That's why I put "quotations" around the word southern because so many people do consider them synonymous.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top