U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2016, 10:28 PM

594 posts, read 486,382 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by funtraveler1 View Post
I hear Denver nickname is Menver...so take that w you want.

As a guy, I would avoid tech cities and the west.

But you're a girl so head to the west. Cali, Seattle, Oregon, Colo, Vegas, etc.

Also down in the south I notice some texas cities, like dfw and austin, have lots of men. try that out. Also Florida
What do these cities have in common ? The OP has moved to all those cities and ragged on ALL of them and now she's back in Arizona....a place she hated ............ALL WITHIN A 2 YEAR PERIOD.
Unbelievable.
We in the Arizona forum breath a sigh of relief when she left since she hated it so much.
Could someone ask her please.....if she hated it so much, WHY DID SHE MOVE BACK ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2016, 10:39 PM

594 posts, read 486,382 times
With all due respect OP
According to your post history, within a 2 year period you've move to Denver, Phoenix, Colorado Springs,Las Vegas, and back to Phoenix.
And you say there are no single men in none of those places ??
Wow.

Old 10-18-2016, 10:40 PM

1,775 posts, read 2,510,935 times
Well, where in Alaska are all the fishing boats based? The OP could move there.

Williston, North Dakota (oil boom, baby) has a lot of single men too.

Old 10-19-2016, 01:18 AM

218 posts, read 237,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye614 View Post
Columbus has a surprisingly large/thriving gay population. Our pride had over half a million attendees which is pretty impressive for a metro of 2 million people. Ohio State is one of the largest universities in the country (65,000 students, around 45,000 of which are undergrads). It's been consistently ranked as one of the most LGBT friendly schools in the nation and as an alumn I can attest to its inclusiveness.

I would also throw in Chicago and D.C. for having giant gay scenes if you're looking for a larger city.
Metro Phoenix is 6% GLBT according to a recent survey. However, from what I've heard, the gays are rude and nasty and very cliquish. As is true of all demographic groups here in the valley. Not so in Reno !

Old 10-19-2016, 01:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
I just moved back to Gilbert, Arizona and while I wouldn't mind staying in Arizona it is virtually impossible to ever come across a single guy anywhere in the metropolitan area.

The shortage of single men in Arizona is like the shortage of housing in San Francisco. Blue Moons are more common then single guys in Phoenix.

The people who are moving to Phoenix in droves are wealthy married people from the Midwest and families priced out of California. Lots of mini-vans with Texas plates, I am assuming from Houston.

I wouldn't mind staying in Arizona but going out into public and virtually every guy is married or coupled. Phoenix is certainly a men's market as long as a guy has a pulse, he has a massive selection of women to choose from.
All my co-workers who are guys are married or have significant others. It's a case of deja vu when it comes to being here as last time I lived in Arizona it was the same thing.

No matter where I go in Phoenix it seems to be exclusively female as far as singles scene.

Las Vegas is another city with the massive leisure and hospitality industry that it's a very rare to see a single guy as men have a huge variety of any type of woman to choose from.

I have tried California and it's not for me. It's very expensive which means people who are not six-figure earners are usually coupled to leverage the housing costs.

I know last time I was in Florida it seemed it actually have single guys.

A co-worker was crazy enough to recommend Dallas as they are familiar with it but I can't imagine Dallas having single guy population as virtually every Texas metropolitan area is married with family oriented.

I was wondering what metropolitan areas and states have single guys in larger proportions.
Gilbert is mostly suburban and families. You'll find more singles in Tempe, South Scottsdale, and Phoenix. There are very few singles in my area, too, deer valley.

Since people are so cliquish in the southwestern cities, from Texas and other unfriendly states as you point out, then I don't recommend living in the southwestern cities to meet people. California is best for me, when I can get over there. Also, Reno.

Also in Phoenix, Tempe, and Scottsdale, because the Midwesterners are so cliquish, that they don't bother to get to know their neighbors. So you may actually have more singles in your neighborhood than you really know.

Also, the culture is really weird, of never hanging out in your front yard, never sunbathing in public parks, etc.

I made this comment to someone from the Midwest. She looked at me with amazement stating that people should only take their shirts off to sunbathe in private !

Old 10-19-2016, 01:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexxxcblac View Post
What do these cities have in common ? The OP has moved to all those cities and ragged on ALL of them and now she's back in Arizona....a place she hated ............ALL WITHIN A 2 YEAR PERIOD.
Unbelievable.
We in the Arizona forum breath a sigh of relief when she left since she hated it so much.
Could someone ask her please.....if she hated it so much, WHY DID SHE MOVE BACK ?
A lot of people leave Arizona, and then are forced to come back, because the cost of living is so high elsewhere. However, the quality of life is vastly superior in Republican run places such as Orange County and Carlsbad, Ca.
Phoenix and Tempe are old, run down cities run by the Democrat party. Scottsdale, Cave Creek, Carefree, and Deer Valley are run by Republicans and are therefore a lot nicer.

Maricopa County, and state agencies such as ADOT, do not necessarily agree with decisions that Phoenix makes such as wasting 33 billion on light rail, when they could widen all the streets.

Single guys are just a few miles north of where the original poster is. I don't know her or why they left, but for me, its the attitude problem of the Midwesterners that makes it hard to meet people. No problems meeting New England or California folks. Native Arizonans are nice but maybe only 8% of the population?????????

Old 10-19-2016, 11:18 AM

3,254 posts, read 1,631,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizona89A View Post
Gilbert is mostly suburban and families. You'll find more singles in Tempe, South Scottsdale, and Phoenix. There are very few singles in my area, too, deer valley.

Since people are so cliquish in the southwestern cities, from Texas and other unfriendly states as you point out, then I don't recommend living in the southwestern cities to meet people. California is best for me, when I can get over there. Also, Reno.

Also in Phoenix, Tempe, and Scottsdale, because the Midwesterners are so cliquish, that they don't bother to get to know their neighbors. So you may actually have more singles in your neighborhood than you really know.

Also, the culture is really weird, of never hanging out in your front yard, never sunbathing in public parks, etc.

I made this comment to someone from the Midwest. She looked at me with amazement stating that people should only take their shirts off to sunbathe in private !
I was in Reno for a few weeks and I have to admit I was surprised how friendly of a city is. I had a very good experience in Reno and it seemed to be a decent place to meet single guys.

Las Vegas is the worst city I have come across yet to meet single guys. The industry is government or government subsidized (medical) jobs and leisure and hospitality jobs which are female majority by a wide margin industries. Any guy in Las Vegas can have a massive variety of women to choose from.

I am looking for jobs in other cities already as despite Metro Phoenix having some really nice suburbs it is a very isolating experience going into public and everyone is coupled or it's just single women. I would enjoy Phoenix suburbs if I could work 60 hours a week.

I like to visit California but I will never, ever live there. The economic bubble has created an extreme amount of pretentiousness in California. Each time I go back it seems like biggest economic bubble there since the gold rush has created a bubble of pretentiousness, bubble of inflated ego's and bubble of snobbiness.

I am thinking maybe Atlanta or just going to Florida when I can.

I have different things on Atlanta that is extremely family-oriented but also that there are some areas that are have a good population of single men.

Old 10-19-2016, 01:50 PM

247 posts, read 128,640 times
I agree with other posters that the Western part of the US appears to have more single men, specifically WA and CA.

Old 10-20-2016, 08:03 PM

6,060 posts, read 3,381,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye614 View Post
Columbus has a surprisingly large/thriving gay population. Our pride had over half a million attendees which is pretty impressive for a metro of 2 million people. Ohio State is one of the largest universities in the country (65,000 students, around 45,000 of which are undergrads). It's been consistently ranked as one of the most LGBT friendly schools in the nation and as an alumn I can attest to its inclusiveness.

I would also throw in Chicago and D.C. for having giant gay scenes if you're looking for a larger city.
Where did you get the idea OP is a gay/bi male?

Old 10-20-2016, 08:08 PM

6,060 posts, read 3,381,283 times
Are you really considering moving to a totally new state just to find men? Is the Arizona heat making you THAT thirsty? Lol. That's a bizzare thing.

Everywhere will have single men, even in the suburbs. If you really wanna make the effort, get a dating app or something.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or