U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2016, 09:48 AM

17,662 posts, read 4,062,179 times

Advertisements

Denver
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2016, 01:02 PM

1,911 posts, read 3,239,704 times
Everywhere. There are only more available women when you include single baby boomers. That is it.

The New, Interactive Singles Map.

Dating for most single straight men in the US is brutal.

More boys are born than girls 107:100. Immigration (legal or illegal) has always been overwhelmingly male.

The US gender ratio isn't that far off China. This never gets mentioned by the mainstream media, but a more even gender ratio would probably be a good thing for America.

Women actually have too many options, sure, some are only looking for short-term or a fling, but the options are there nonetheless.

Old 11-03-2016, 03:15 PM

6,220 posts, read 3,515,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
I just moved back to Gilbert, Arizona and while I wouldn't mind staying in Arizona it is virtually impossible to ever come across a single guy anywhere in the metropolitan area.

The shortage of single men in Arizona is like the shortage of housing in San Francisco. Blue Moons are more common then single guys in Phoenix.

The people who are moving to Phoenix in droves are wealthy married people from the Midwest and families priced out of California. Lots of mini-vans with Texas plates, I am assuming from Houston.

I wouldn't mind staying in Arizona but going out into public and virtually every guy is married or coupled. Phoenix is certainly a men's market as long as a guy has a pulse, he has a massive selection of women to choose from.
All my co-workers who are guys are married or have significant others. It's a case of deja vu when it comes to being here as last time I lived in Arizona it was the same thing.

No matter where I go in Phoenix it seems to be exclusively female as far as singles scene.

Las Vegas is another city with the massive leisure and hospitality industry that it's a very rare to see a single guy as men have a huge variety of any type of woman to choose from.

I have tried California and it's not for me. It's very expensive which means people who are not six-figure earners are usually coupled to leverage the housing costs.

I know last time I was in Florida it seemed it actually have single guys.

A co-worker was crazy enough to recommend Dallas as they are familiar with it but I can't imagine Dallas having single guy population as virtually every Texas metropolitan area is married with family oriented.

I was wondering what metropolitan areas and states have single guys in larger proportions.
Single guys are indoors playing video games. I'd stay away from those types: lazy and boring.

Use a computer dating service-at least you can screen them that way

Old 11-03-2016, 04:21 PM

345 posts, read 335,758 times
If you want single guys, head to the west (Denver, Phoenix, LA, Portland). Also, tech cities (Bay Area, Seattle, Austin, etc).

If you want single girls, head to the south (texas (excluding Austin), Georgia, Florida, North Carolina, Tennessee), or the northeast (philly, nyc, boston, baltimore, etc.)

Old 11-07-2016, 09:34 PM

1,012 posts, read 639,839 times
I would imagine that cities with active, outdoors-oriented cultures such as Denver, Seattle and San Diego would rank high in terms of number of single guys. Smaller-city options might be Boise and Colorado Springs.

Los Angeles has a lot of single guys, but they're mostly:

1) Gay (myself included)

2) Persian / Jewish / Armenian (typically date exclusively within their own ethnic group)

3) Asian / Indian (not the standard of masculinity or male beauty in the US, and often date within their own ethnic groups, too)

You might want to check out Texas, in particular Dallas and Austin.

Although Florida probably has a lot of single guys, most of them are either deadbeats, con artists or just straight-up douche-bags. I'm speaking from experience, too, as I lived there for years.

I think any metro area that has a large homegrown / native population - regardless of how up-and-coming it might be - would probably have a higher proportion of single females, as females tend to be less inclined to move away from their families and support systems to other cities / states / countries, so I would avoid places like Columbus, Madison, Pittsburgh, etc.

Old 11-07-2016, 10:04 PM

4,552 posts, read 3,637,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert_from_back_East View Post
I think any metro area that has a large homegrown / native population - regardless of how up-and-coming it might be - would probably have a higher proportion of single females, as females tend to be less inclined to move away from their families and support systems to other cities / states / countries, so I would avoid places like Columbus, Madison, Pittsburgh, etc.
I'm not sure if this holds true. While the rest of your post makes sense, with the West being more for guys and the East more for girls, it really comes down to I think what the two halves of the US offer. Let's think about it. The West is mostly outdoorsy, yes? Less cities, yes? Who tends to be the more active sex... Men... Women seem to prefer cities over rural areas by larger percentages than men also I have noticed, which would also support your post.

The West is full of newer cities sure but it's not like Western cities were built yesterday. My family has been in Phoenix for more than three generations now. There are Western cities that are older than Phoenix too in fact I'd argue Phoenix is one of the youngest along with Vegas. Phoenix, a century ago, was just created. And once again, I'm third generation.

The native population here in Arizona, that I have noticed, tends to support the opposite of your claim. Most of the women end up moving away. Not always but this is based on my observations and anecdotal evidence. And ironically, they end up moving east. Knew a few who moved to New Hampshire, South Carolina, New York, Florida, Texas... all women. The men who have moved out seem to go to Colorado and the Pacific Northwest... and Texas. Texas is a common choice for some reason.

Old 11-11-2016, 01:30 AM

175 posts, read 592,383 times
Honolulu, New Orleans, Denver, Sacramento, and Portland. Likely Cleveland and Chicago as well.

Old 05-19-2017, 01:48 AM

123 posts, read 103,155 times
In Vegas women have many choices, men outnumber women 3 to 1, but some of the men are absolute losers or have other problems.

Old 05-19-2017, 04:25 AM

4,403 posts, read 4,605,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PROFILE CLIMB View Post
In Vegas women have many choices, men outnumber women 3 to 1, but some of the men are absolute losers or have other problems.
As someone who lived in Vegas for 35 years I couldn't agree more. TONS of guys everywhere and many are quite scary.

Old 05-19-2017, 02:14 PM

594 posts, read 486,382 times
That's why I love Phoenix.
Women everywhere.
I've lived all over the USA. North, south, east and west.
I've never lived in a place that had more single, available women in my life.
Every flavor under the sun and are VERY appreciative of any attention a man gives them.
The one narrative echoed throughout City-Data is the quantity and quality of Arizona women.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or