U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2016, 09:53 PM

2,331 posts, read 3,056,995 times

Advertisements

I've never made weather a criteria for where I live, I honestly don't care that much what the weather is like, but apparently it is very important to a lot of people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2016, 10:05 PM

226 posts, read 167,890 times
I never really thought about the weather until I moved to the pnw. I love the weather here. The rain doesn't bother me one bit and I love that winter is more or less over by late February.

Old 11-05-2016, 11:30 PM

4,857 posts, read 2,991,404 times
Lived in Texas almost all my life. Left for DC and am very happy with the weather. Our current highs range from the 50s-60s, which is perfect for fall. Alot of Texas is still in the 80s for highs.

Old 11-06-2016, 12:51 AM

108 posts, read 59,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by livedeverywhere123 View Post
I've lived in Memphis, Tampa, Jacksonville, Atlanta, Dallas and Phoenix. I can't handle cold weather on a regular basis and will never move north of tennessee or north carolina. I hated Dallas weather because of the major swings. For example it would be 55 1 day and 75 the next. Very windy and would ice every winter. PHX was great for 7 months of the year, but hot as hell in the summer, this is coming from someone who loves florida weather. Atlanta was probably my favorite climate but just didn't particularly like the big city life. My ideal location would probably be jacksonville. There's just something about below 40 degree weather that kills my soul.
The temperature swings you have in Dallas occur throughout the the entire Eastern US; far south locales (South Texas, peninsular Florida), along with areas close to the Gulf/South Atlantic are the places where the swings are minimized.

You seem to not like cold weather; in that case, you'd be better of choosing Tampa rather than Jacksonville.

Old 11-07-2016, 06:31 AM

3,786 posts, read 3,009,395 times
Still living in FL right now. My ideal temperature range is anywhere from 40-84 degrees, though with some snow/cooler days mixed in.

November to March in FL is usually pretty nice, but April and October are mediocre (though I do like being able to swim at those times) and May to September are just bad. I'm hoping to eventually not be in FL at all during summer months. People obviously all have different preferences, but I would say Cleveland where I grew up, only has 3 months where it's excessively cold, and even the ice hikes and winter sports during that time are pretty unique/invigorating plus it's so nice when it starts thawing out. I love the rhythm of seasons. FL on the other hand probably has 6, maybe 7 months that are too hot to be able to truly enjoy the outdoors.

FL as a whole isn't bad, but the three things that sometimes get me are the flatness and heat and COL.

Minneapolis seems nice and I don't have a problem with the winter temps but the summer there seems like it could get more hot/humid than the rest of the Great Lakes IMO. The summer temps in like the North Shore/Duluth area seem quite ideal though.

Old 11-09-2016, 10:06 AM

3,607 posts, read 1,535,953 times
There are only a few areas I wouldn't live in due to climate/weather: New Orleans, anywhere in the desert, and the Pacific Northwest. As for other places, climate would be taken into consideration to some extent, but not a big one. I love the climate I'm in now (Charlotte). 4 distinct seasons with no extremes with the right balance of sun and rain. But I could live in Minneapolis, Orlando, Chicago, or Tampa and be perfectly content with the weather. As long as I can dress accordingly, I'm fine in about any climate.

Old 11-09-2016, 12:55 PM

17,269 posts, read 19,560,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaylord_Focker View Post
Lived in Texas almost all my life. Left for DC and am very happy with the weather. Our current highs range from the 50s-60s, which is perfect for fall. Alot of Texas is still in the 80s for highs.
I am fine with the weather in the DC area for the most part, except for the hot & humid summer days. I really don't care for that.

I spend my time outdoors mostly in the mornings and evenings during that time and am good to go.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or