U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2016, 01:16 PM

7,581 posts, read 3,994,519 times

Advertisements

coal is only dying because the Obama adminstration and democrats in general have been trying to kill it. we have an abundance of coal and coal is the cheapest form of energy, which helps consumers save money.

you are underscoring my point, liberals will kill off the industry in a national popular vote election. trump's election was partly a backlash to democrat policies on the keystone pipeline, fracking, drilling for oil, and coal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2016, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
Eh.

Percentage of Population Without Health Insurance

Massachusetts - 3.8%
South Carolina - 15.9%
wut?

i thought obamacare gave insurance to everybody, the whole point was to get the poor insurance.

Old 11-18-2016, 01:18 PM

28,251 posts, read 26,220,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simpsonvilllian View Post
coal is only dying because the Obama adminstration and democrats in general have been trying to kill it. we have an abundance of coal and coal is the cheapest form of energy, which helps consumers save money.
Coal is dying because the demand for coal worldwide has declined.

Decline of Coal Demand Is 'Irreversible'

Old 11-18-2016, 01:18 PM

163 posts, read 88,025 times
I have family in Columbia sc. There 5 bedroom house on an acre with a pool in the backyard cost 250K, and they live in city limits. I got friends there too. My one friend lives in a 1 bedroom apartment and pays $400 a month and is in walking distance of most of his needs. Both have ZERo debt. No one owns them, they are free. How many regular people in Boston who are not trust find babies can say the same?

Old 11-18-2016, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
Coal is dying because the demand for coal worldwide has declined.

Decline of Coal Demand Is 'Irreversible'
that decline is directly due to liberal enviromental policies that are anti-coal. this seems obvious. the people in the energy industry don't agree with you. trump's going to reverse all of that.

Old 11-18-2016, 01:21 PM

86 posts, read 65,394 times
Quote:
because the federal government will only be looking out for the interests of liberal people in the big metroes. the other areas of the country will be ignored. electoral college forcing politicians to consider the positions of people in Iowa, SC, NH, etc. i think that is a good thing.
What actually happens is that candidates tend to only focus on the 12 swing states (especially Florida and Ohio) and ignore everywhere else

Old 11-18-2016, 01:22 PM

so obama voters in states he didn't need to campaign in have been ignored the past 8 years? he has high approval numbers in polls, if you still trust polls.

anyway, i'm heading over to Clemson to walk by the lake and enjoy the fall color and sunshine. have a good weekend.

Old 11-18-2016, 01:24 PM

86 posts, read 65,394 times
Quote:
wut?

i thought obamacare gave insurance to everybody, the whole point was to get the poor insurance.
Funnily enough, Obamacare was mostly based on Romneycare, a system which was introduced in Massachusetts when Mitt Romney was governor

Old 11-18-2016, 01:24 PM

28,251 posts, read 26,220,119 times
Quote:
that decline is directly due to liberal enviromental policies that are anti-coal. this seems obvious. the people in the energy industry don't agree with you.
Mmmkay.

America needs to split up into different nations. And that's not necessarily because of the result of the most recent election. It's because different parts of the country have become fundamentally different from each other. This is sort of like being forced to remain in a relationship with a portly red head when you really want a svelte brunette. There's nothing wrong with breaking up.

Old 11-18-2016, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyNY View Post
Funnily enough, Obamacare was mostly based on Romneycare, a system which was introduced in Massachusetts when Mitt Romney was governor
i'm aware of that, that is partly why Romney lost. we nominated basically the only GOP in the country that was that weak on the most important issue of the 2012 cycle. Romney does have a presidential look and temperment though so you can't blame us. we went the opposite way this year and won big league that's the magic of life sometimes. you never know what is going to happen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or