U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2016, 05:24 PM

7,595 posts, read 4,020,780 times

Advertisements

so you think every liberal is a perfect angel. got it. no liberals are racist or use foul language or are mean to people, etc. you are so biased. i should link to the video of a liberal crowd of peole harrassing this homeless woman who was protecting Trump's star in Hollywood, they wanted to vandalize it. they even knocked her cart over. that was probably one of the meanest things that i've seen in my 38 years. it appears trump's lawyer located her and trump and trump supporters are helping her out financially.

nobody can corroborate your allegations of a conservative talking about shooting up a protest. for this kind of discussion it makes sense talk about things in the news.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2016, 05:57 PM

86 posts, read 65,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simpsonvilllian View Post
so you think every liberal is a perfect angel. got it. no liberals are racist or use foul language or are mean to people, etc. you are so biased. i should link to the video of a liberal crowd of peole harrassing this homeless woman who was protecting Trump's star in Hollywood, they wanted to vandalize it. they even knocked her cart over. that was probably one of the meanest things that i've seen in my 38 years. it appears trump's lawyer located her and trump and trump supporters are helping her out financially.

nobody can corroborate your allegations of a conservative talking about shooting up a protest. for this kind of discussion it makes sense talk about things in the news.
There's horrible people on both sides. You don't have to keep one-upping each other with "Conservatives did this" and then "Well liberals did THAT"

Old 11-18-2016, 06:12 PM

i don't see liberals saying that most of the time. pretty much the standard line of attack on conservatives/ GOP by liberals is the bigotry charge. you see it all over this forum all the time.

Old 11-18-2016, 06:17 PM

86 posts, read 65,671 times
Quote:
i don't see liberals saying that most of the time. pretty much the standard line of attack on conservatives/ GOP by liberals is the bigotry charge. you see it all over this forum all the time.
That's the internet for you; why engage with conservatives in an actual debate when you can just call them racists/bigots? Or, on the flip side, why engage with liberals in an actual debate when you can just call them bleeding-heart crybabies?

Old 11-18-2016, 06:20 PM

i never said anything about crybabies or bleeding heart. i like the bleeding heart liberals. many liberals are not bleeding heart types.

Old 11-18-2016, 07:16 PM

4,552 posts, read 3,652,932 times
This post got political VERY quickly since Simpson hijacked it and no one is giving recommendations for a relo anymore

Old 11-18-2016, 07:20 PM

you make caustic political posts about conservatives than complain if somebody discusses what you said and say it is hijacking.

i'll add you to my ignore list so i won't be tempted to respond to you again.

i made a couple suggestions upthread, Nooga and Huntsville although probably a stretch. Nooga probably a little more liberal but no tech, Huntsville more tech , less liberal. both reasonable cost of living. a city with a combination of low cost of living, high tech and liberal probably isn't out there.

Old 11-18-2016, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prickly Pear View Post
I'm further left than probably all the people on here, I plan on moving out partially because of politics as I live in a red state currently. The problem being that blue states don't seem to recognize that gun ownership is a fundamental right in ensuring the people and the workers can rise up against tyranny. All true leftist beliefs call for this by the way even ML communism. Only a right-leaning person would ever feel as comfortable with the government in its current state or their classist position (rich) to give away their right against tyranny knowing the tyranny is for them and against others (see cops mistreating people of color). With that being said the "left" states in this country are inherently not left at all. Even California. Only Vermont could potentially qualify out of all of our states. America is so far to the right that a liberal is considered left when it doesn't even come close to actual leftist politics like syndicalism, communism, mutualism, etc. if you believe in private businesses and private ownership in land you aren't a left-leaning person at all. If a liberal went to Russia and claimed they were left when their second major party (one without Putin) is the communist party they would laugh at them. Just food for thought. I'm only bringing this up because people are calling liberals left-leaning on this thread.

Really blue and red states have very little differentiation between left and right politics at all. Their differences come in part of civil rights to abortion, weed, etc. from an economic standpoint they are a few points apart at most. But some people recognize that a life worth living is a life that gives them all of their rights which are not in red states but in blue. So instead of wasting years fighting back against a back water regressive and brain-washed people for their fundamental rights they move to places where they are already accepted at least in terms of the law so they can fight back legally should they experience discrimination or something else. Really this benefits the red states too so they can keep their regressive ideologies they love so much. Certain populations, those who are discriminated against, usually are the ones who can't afford to move somewhere and "convert" red states. Most Dems are in some way shape or form a discriminated population, whether LGBTQA, woman, people of color, poor... etc. so they suffer the most when moving to red states.
this was Prickly Pear's first post on this thread. no suggestions of cities to move to, he was beating up on people in red states as being 'regressives and brain washed' and bigots.

Old 11-18-2016, 08:20 PM

71 posts, read 41,166 times
Quote:
wut?

i thought obamacare gave insurance to everybody, the whole point was to get the poor insurance.
You can't deny the affordable care act has helped millions who have critical and chronic conditions. If you had Diabetes or suffered from a Heart attack and could not get full-time benefit status hours at your job, you would be feeling different. If 15.9% of people in South Carolina choose to pay the penalty so be it. Can't say it wasn't offered when you end up in the hospital for a stroke. People can find time to buy dumb stuff like shoes, cigarettes, alcohol, fast food crap but, whine about the cost of insurance.

Old 11-18-2016, 10:18 PM

994 posts, read 598,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktgrok View Post
And...you have no idea what Trump ran on. His tax CUTS go to the top.
Agree. He didn't read the plan, obviously. Almost all the cuts go to the top 1%. Blinders on, apparently.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or