U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-18-2016, 10:30 AM
 
6,515 posts, read 3,495,567 times
Reputation: 10336

Advertisements

The fact that anyone would move because of an election and not actually government legislation which could really affect your life is sad.

I'd say move to Antarctica if the election bothers you that much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-18-2016, 10:30 AM
 
30,040 posts, read 27,591,812 times
Reputation: 18619
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simpsonvilllian View Post
ok, you deny and disagree with everything i post on this website. that is understood.
That's because 97% of the time, you talk out of the side of your neck. The least you could do is post sources to support your assertions but you can't do that when you...talk out of the side of your neck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-18-2016, 10:31 AM
 
97 posts, read 109,259 times
Reputation: 59
Default isnt it cold

Quote:
Originally Posted by qworldorder View Post
OP, I'd recommend New Castle County, Delaware. Liberal, affordable and in a great location.
looks pretty but isn't delaware freezing? lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-18-2016, 10:34 AM
 
Location: Greenville SC 'Waterfall City'
7,962 posts, read 4,101,242 times
Reputation: 3024
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prickly Pear View Post
No abortion rights or rights to equal pay, people still discriminating and bullying those in the LGBTQA community, POC see the most oppression still (see DAPL, cops discriminating against POC, current treatment of Middle-Easterners for being "jihadists", calling Hispanics illegals, etc.), poor not having any ability to climb the SES ladder by being denied benefits or any net to help them get back on their feet, etc. if you don't see any of these clearly you have never watched the news ever.

The truth is is that when the South is still racist, sexist, it has only been owned by two right-leaning parties. As it supposedly became more educated and affluent it becomes only the caboose on any progression and usually the front lines against any movement that started since our foundation. Proof of that is the electoral college being created to accommodate their slavery and literally every election year regardless who wins we see arguments against the electoral college. Proof of that is Clinton winning all the Southern states which pulled her in the primaries against Sanders even though everyone and their mother knew Clinton could not win those states in the general (Sanders won "liberal" states) etc. I could go on but I won't.

I still stand my ground that since most liberals are some form of a minority they lose their fundamental rights moving to red states and really can't afford to be doing that so much as it takes years some times and huge cultural changes against the systems in place in red states for them to recognize their rights as equals. Swing states can potentially be, but any hardcore red state is without a shadow of a doubt a lost cause here. Like Utah or Mississippi.

Since anyone with any form of minority or lack of power wants to live they are accepted without losing years to change another area they move to areas they are already accepted.
you talk a lot about rights and oppression and bullying but you have no problem with the unborn baby have its life terminated. i think that is Orwellian.

in 1932, when it was still mostly racist, the south voted overwhelmingly for FDR. for example, FDR won 98 percent of the vote in SC. FDR is considered a liberal icon, Obama has cited him approvingly. but you will say the south was conservative simply because your definition of conservative is conservatives are racist.

no conservative has ever said everybody from middle east is a jihadist. liberals act like if we are concerned about radical Islamic terrorist, that makes us anti-Muslim in general. 49 people were killed in Orlando by a jihadist, several people were killed at a party in California by jihadists, numerous people have been killed on army bases by jihadists, there 9-11, the DC sniper, and more. but you put jihadist in scare quotes as though they are a figment of conservative's wild imagination.

if seem like if you care about gay people, you would take islamic terrorism seriously. you can't say conservatives don't take it seriously.

conservative are for gun rights which i think benefits black people. they can protect themselves to include from racist white KKK types. do you think the KKK types back in the day wanted black people to have gun rights.

conservative are for school vouchers to allow black parents and all parents in areas with failing schools the option of sending their kids to a different schools. i can go on and on.

Last edited by ClemVegas; 11-18-2016 at 10:45 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-18-2016, 10:39 AM
 
Location: Tempe, AZ
4,577 posts, read 3,684,195 times
Reputation: 3662
Quote:
Originally Posted by fromnewmexicotounknown View Post
looks pretty but isn't delaware freezing? lol
I'm not sure why you want to leave New Mexico. Albuquerque is actually pretty affordable compared to the rest of the country and has great weather and does go blue in a lot of elections. If you are looking for a more affordable New Mexico you will never find one. I'm considering moving to New Mexico but in some ways would like a place with more of a winter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-18-2016, 10:44 AM
 
Location: Tempe, AZ
4,577 posts, read 3,684,195 times
Reputation: 3662
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simpsonvilllian View Post
you talk a lot about rights and oppression and bullying but you have no problem with the unborn baby have its life terminated. i think that is Orwellian.

in 1932, when it was still mostly racist, the south voted overwhelmingly for FDR. for example, FDR won 98 percent of the vote in SC. FDR is considered a liberal icon, Obama has cited him approvingly. but you will say the south was conservative simply because your definition of conservative is conservatives are racist.

no conservative has ever said everybody from middle east is a jihadist. liberals act like if we are concerned about radical Islamic terrorist, that makes us anti-Muslim in general. 49 people were killed in Orlando by a jihadist, several people were killed at a party in California by jihadists, numerous people have been killed on army bases by jihadists, there 9-11, the DC sniper, and more. but you put jihadist in scare quotes as though they are a figment of conservative's wild imagination.

if seem like if you care about gay people, you would take islamic terrorism seriously. you can't say conservatives don't take it seriously.
I'm not going to get into a political debate with you outside of the POC forum. Go over there and make a thread addressing me and then we can discuss. I haven't been over there since the election because I knew that forum would be a mess but it may be safe to return I'm not sure.

FDR had socialist policies but he wasn't perfect and inherently a racist against Asians. Sanders was our non-racist FDR and unfortunately we will never see this happen.

I'm only stating why liberals move to already liberal areas. Because they don't want to lose their rights to accomodate all of your PHOBIAS.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-18-2016, 10:48 AM
 
Location: Greenville SC 'Waterfall City'
7,962 posts, read 4,101,242 times
Reputation: 3024
no desire to talk politics with you, you started talking about politics and making strong and inaccuratee posts about conservatives. it is what you guys do, you falsely accuse people of racism, bigotry, oppressing the poor, etc if they don't have your politics. i think this is part of the reason Trump won.

most of the reason i oppose illegal immigration is takes jobs from poor Americans and suppresses wages. this is something that Obama has even said in the past prior to being president. yet people with my stance are accused of being anti-immigrant bigots.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-18-2016, 10:50 AM
 
Location: Tempe, AZ
4,577 posts, read 3,684,195 times
Reputation: 3662
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simpsonvilllian View Post
no desire to talk politics with you, you started talking about politics and making strong and inaccuratee posts about conservatives. it is what you guys do, you falsely accuse people of racism, bigotry, oppressing the poor, etc if they don't have your politics.
The fact that you continuously address me would have me believe that you do want to discuss politics with me so you can try to win brownie points on the internet with the neo-nazi---I mean, err, "alt-right" community.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-18-2016, 10:53 AM
 
Location: Greenville SC 'Waterfall City'
7,962 posts, read 4,101,242 times
Reputation: 3024
why is it you can make strong assertions about conservatives but you have a problem with me responding to what you say. you want free speech for yourself but not for other people who don't agree with you.

there you go accusing me of being a neo-nazi because i disagree with you. you smear people, you make baseless accusations. no rational and fair person reading my posts would accuse me of being a nazi or a bigot.

anyway, time to move on. it would be great if i could look at this forum about cities without seeing conservative accused of bigotry. why don't you take it to the politics forum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-18-2016, 11:11 AM
 
Location: Tempe, AZ
4,577 posts, read 3,684,195 times
Reputation: 3662
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simpsonvilllian View Post
why is it you can make strong assertions about conservatives but you have a problem with me responding to what you say. you want free speech for yourself but not for other people who don't agree with you.

there you go accusing me of being a neo-nazi because i disagree with you. you smear people, you make baseless accusations. no rational and fair person reading my posts would accuse me of being a nazi or a bigot.
I can call you those things when you support the politics that enable this discrimination to happen. If you support corporations using attack dogs on Native American protestors but you accept the white people of Bismarck voting against the DAPL because even THEY were afraid of it contaminating their water but you expect the native people to give up their burial grounds and their right to clean water to support these corporations then you are 100% a bigot. To me supporting bigoted policies means you are a bigot. Now if you truly are against discrimination in all forms then you should be on my side of the political spectrum at least near it but clearly you are far from. I'm from a Tea Party family and again I live in a red state and I know how conservatives generally behave and what they believe in and to me the majority of the time comes from a privledged and bigoted point of view. You have called people above illegals and jihadists previously in this thread which only enforces my opinion that you are no different. If you truly weren't prejudice in anyway you'd be able to support your viewpoints without using offensive name calling to Hispanics or muslims.

I'm going to note to you that I believe in stronger immigration policies only until we get our economy fixed to the people who already live here. But I don't draw the basis on blocking specific groups because of counter-terrorism (only created to curb your rights see the Patriot Act). So I have an overall anti-immigration belief for all people until Americans are fixed first, then addressing this when we are more stable. I'm a heavy protectionist and isolationist. But because I don't draw the basis at one's skin color, heritage or religion I'm not bigoted. You see how easy that is? I'm sure you can do the same if you really believed in anti-discrimination for your policies but you don't... so...

Again I will no longer address you unless it's in the POC forum. I'm sure you will reply to me to get the last word but other than that this conversation is done.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top