Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2016, 11:06 AM

10,106 posts, read 7,311,795 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnc2mbfl View Post
Liberals don't need to move, they need to vote in off-presidential year elections. The 2010 mid-terms set the stage for 2016 with conservatives taking over lots of swing states and then enacting new voting rules/procedures that suppressed the vote enough to swing the election in key states where they are in total control. Trump won the election with less total votes cast than the previous cycles' losers. Fewer votes cast is always a boon to the Republicans.

what is your evidence that GOP suppressed votes? i've seen liberals say a reasonable requirement for voters to have a photo ID to vote is suppressing votes of minorities as though getting a photo ID is difficult.

i predicted minority turnout would be lower this election cycle without Obama on the ballot. should also point out that trump received a higher percent of black and hispanic voters than Romney and McCain.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2016, 11:14 AM

6,311 posts, read 6,726,173 times
I'm further left than probably all the people on here, I plan on moving out partially because of politics as I live in a red state currently. The problem being that blue states don't seem to recognize that gun ownership is a fundamental right in ensuring the people and the workers can rise up against tyranny. All true leftist beliefs call for this by the way even ML communism. Only a right-leaning person would ever feel as comfortable with the government in its current state or their classist position (rich) to give away their right against tyranny knowing the tyranny is for them and against others (see cops mistreating people of color). With that being said the "left" states in this country are inherently not left at all. Even California. Only Vermont could potentially qualify out of all of our states. America is so far to the right that a liberal is considered left when it doesn't even come close to actual leftist politics like syndicalism, communism, mutualism, etc. if you believe in private businesses and private ownership in land you aren't a left-leaning person at all. If a liberal went to Russia and claimed they were left when their second major party (one without Putin) is the communist party they would laugh at them. Just food for thought. I'm only bringing this up because people are calling liberals left-leaning on this thread.

Really blue and red states have very little differentiation between left and right politics at all. Their differences come in part of civil rights to abortion, weed, etc. from an economic standpoint they are a few points apart at most. But some people recognize that a life worth living is a life that gives them all of their rights which are not in red states but in blue. So instead of wasting years fighting back against a back water regressive and brain-washed people for their fundamental rights they move to places where they are already accepted at least in terms of the law so they can fight back legally should they experience discrimination or something else. Really this benefits the red states too so they can keep their regressive ideologies they love so much. Certain populations, those who are discriminated against, usually are the ones who can't afford to move somewhere and "convert" red states. Most Dems are in some way shape or form a discriminated population, whether LGBTQA, woman, people of color, poor... etc. so they suffer the most when moving to red states.

Old 11-18-2016, 11:16 AM

how are women, gay, 'people of color', poor, oppressed in red states? i see the left make this accusation over and over but never see any evidence provided.

the truth is that when the south was racist, sexist, etc , it was owned by the Democratic party. as it became more educated, affluent as transplants moved in, it shifted to the GOP.

Old 11-18-2016, 11:16 AM

26,836 posts, read 43,315,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simpsonvilllian View Post
i never said that but it is true most of the violence in America today is done by liberal activists and jihadists.
In which parallel universe? The violent radical groups in this country are by/large right-wing and fairly well-documented.

Old 11-18-2016, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
In which parallel universe? The violent radical groups in this country are by/large right-wing and fairly well-documented.
this past year we have seen numerous people killed by BLM people and jihadists and illegal immigrants in this country. 49 gay people were killed in Orlando by a jihadist, and his friend said that he was a Hillary supporter. His radical father was at a Hillary rally sitting right behind her. that was the largest mass shooting in american history.

Trump had to cancel several rallies due to violent protests.

Old 11-18-2016, 11:27 AM

37,795 posts, read 41,505,631 times
Quote:
i never said that but it is true most of the violence in America today is done by liberal activists and jihadists.
You have absolutely no proof of this whatsoever and you know it.

Quote:
liberal activists were busted for what is known as bird dogging, trying to incite violence at Trump rallies. Democratic officials were busted on video admitting that they do this.
There was no proof that this was actually ever done.

Old 11-18-2016, 11:29 AM

37,795 posts, read 41,505,631 times
Quote:
this past year we have seen numerous people killed by BLM people
Like who?

ok, you deny and disagree with everything i post on this website. that is understood. i have no desire to talk to you anymore. adios.

97 posts, read 170,865 times
I feel your pain...i like that there are more liberals in northern new mexico however cost of living in santa fe is high and the crime and other factors in albuquerque make it hard to live in..i too am looking to move..also somewhere warmer, liberal, affordable (and with water.,i cant stand nm)...good luck in your search

6,311 posts, read 6,726,173 times
Quote:
how are women, gay, 'people of color', poor, oppressed in red states? i see the left make this accusation over and over but never see any evidence provided.

the truth is that when the south was racist, sexist, etc , it was owned by the Democratic party. as it became more educated, affluent as transplants moved in, it shifted to the GOP.
No abortion rights or rights to equal pay, people still discriminating and bullying those in the LGBTQA community, POC see the most oppression still (see DAPL, cops discriminating against POC, current treatment of Middle-Easterners for being "jihadists", calling Hispanics illegals, etc.), poor not having any ability to climb the SES ladder by being denied benefits or any net to help them get back on their feet, etc. if you don't see any of these clearly you have never watched the news ever.

The truth is is that when the South is still racist, sexist, it has only been owned by two right-leaning parties. As it supposedly became more educated and affluent it becomes only the caboose on any progression and usually the front lines against any movement that started since our foundation. Proof of that is the electoral college being created to accommodate their slavery and literally every election year regardless who wins we see arguments against the electoral college. Proof of that is Clinton winning all the Southern states which pulled her in the primaries against Sanders even though everyone and their mother knew Clinton could not win those states in the general (Sanders won "liberal" states) etc. I could go on but I won't.

I still stand my ground that since most liberals are some form of a minority they lose their fundamental rights moving to red states and really can't afford to be doing that so much as it takes years some times and huge cultural changes against the systems in place in red states for them to recognize their rights as equals. Swing states can potentially be, but any hardcore red state is without a shadow of a doubt a lost cause here. Like Utah or Mississippi.

Since anyone with any form of minority or lack of power wants to live they are accepted without losing years to change another area they move to areas they are already accepted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.