Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2016, 03:56 PM

2,192 posts, read 1,850,403 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simpsonvilllian View Post
ok, the country would break part if go to national popular vote. Trump won 85 percent of the counties in the country but you want the power in the hands of 15 percent of the counties.

it would be interesting experiment to see what would happen if blue states and red state broke off into two separate countries. which country would have the best economy. my money is on the red state one.
I'd agree, but what's interesting is that in the past 3 decades or so, the economy has done much better when democrats have been in the white house. Trickle down has not worked, yet the GOP keep trying it.

There must be a difference in how well conservative economic policies work in states versus nationally.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2016, 04:23 PM

10,105 posts, read 7,399,177 times
the economy hasn't done better in the Obama years. record people out of the workforce, record number of people in poverty, etc. if the economy was so great, then hillary would have won, and the GOP wouldn't have won so many seats and governorships at federal and state level the past 8 years.

'trickle down' is the way you liberals mock supply side theory and people who oppose higher taxes. no economist says 'trickle down'. the point is that if you raise taxes too much, it starts to hurt the economy.

Keynesian economics, in which the government does 'stimulus' spending, doesn't work. high corporate taxes, burdensome regulations, anti-right work policies don't help the economy and businesses thrive.

Last edited by ClemVegas; 11-18-2016 at 04:36 PM..

Old 11-18-2016, 04:39 PM

63 posts, read 82,040 times
Quote:
i never said that but it is true most of the violence in America today is done by liberal activists and jihadists.

liberal activists were busted for what is known as bird dogging, trying to incite violence at Trump rallies. Democratic officials were busted on video admitting that they do this.
That video was made by a criminal who has been debunked. His speciality is editing video to make it look incriminating.

I can say that personally I know of people on the receiving end of threats, violence, and harassment since the election. All are liberal,a nd were targeted for such. Myself, I had to call in a terrorism threat this past week, when a racist teen threatened to turn a local peaceful protest into "another Pulse" massacre. Good friend was chased and harassed in her car for having a Hillary sticker (shouted multiple words I will not repeat from his jacked up pick up, including "liberal" in the mix, while her 3 yr old had to listen to it), a cousin was told she needed her p*ssy grabbed, a local high school had graffiti telling black students they were going to be slaves again now that Trump was elected, another friend witnessed motorcyclists with Nazi flags driving down the road, another school had a teacher tell students Trump was going to make them go back to Africa, etc etc. Those are just the ones I know, and I know more.

It's happening. I'd rather not be here while it does.

Old 11-18-2016, 04:41 PM

the guy in the video was fired or resigned. nothing was 'debunked'.

why would people who lost the election be targeted. it seems more likely the losers of the election would be the ones angry.

there is no way anybody can corroborate your anecdotes. i can point to things that were in the news, like 49 gay people being murdered in a club in florida. that wasn't a conservative. several trump rallies were cancelled due to violent protesters.

you just said the word 'liberal' is an insult. obviously you are easily offended.

Last edited by ClemVegas; 11-18-2016 at 04:51 PM..

Old 11-18-2016, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
Coal is dying because the demand for coal worldwide has declined.

Decline of Coal Demand Is 'Irreversible'
Exactly. natural gas is the cheapest.

Old 11-18-2016, 04:51 PM

Quote:
that decline is directly due to liberal enviromental policies that are anti-coal. this seems obvious. the people in the energy industry don't agree with you. trump's going to reverse all of that.
Unless he finds a way to make natural gas more expensive, he's not going to do that.

Last edited by ktgrok; 11-18-2016 at 04:59 PM..

Old 11-18-2016, 04:52 PM

Quote:
i think trump is going to raise taxes on the wall street types. that is what he said in his campaign. i have no problem with that. mmost of them are democrats anyway.
And...you have no idea what Trump ran on. His tax CUTS go to the top.

Old 11-18-2016, 04:53 PM

natural gas price flunctuates a lot and it is not cheaper than coal if you have a government that is not trying to put coal out of business through unreasonble environmental regulations. we have an abundance of coal in this country.

Old 11-18-2016, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parhe View Post
This thread seemed to have seriously gotten off track.
Yeah...somehow I don't think I'm getting much more input on places to live.

Old 11-18-2016, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktgrok View Post
And...you have no idea what Trump ran on. His tax CUTS go to the top.
ok, go ahead and demonize him for cutting people's taxes. i don't think that is a winner. hillary ran on raising taxes and she lost.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.