U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-27-2008, 08:46 AM
 
Location: Zurich, Switzerland/ Piedmont, CA
32,343 posts, read 55,140,686 times
Reputation: 15408

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
It's funny that blacks feel perfectly safe in white neighborhoods though.
Cow Manure.

Whites are only weary of hoodlums in black neighborhoods.

Blacks on the other hand often have reason to be weary of everyone from retail workers to POLICE officers in white neighborhoods.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-27-2008, 09:01 AM
 
Location: Floribama
14,962 posts, read 31,357,878 times
Reputation: 13766
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Cow Manure.

Whites are only weary of hoodlums in black neighborhoods.

Blacks on the other hand often have reason to be weary of everyone from retail workers to POLICE officers in white neighborhoods.
If blacks feel unsafe in white neighborhoods than why do they keep moving there? And, the police officers in white neighborhoods here are the SAME ones that patrol the black neighborhoods, it's not separate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-27-2008, 09:59 AM
CNI
 
194 posts, read 521,550 times
Reputation: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by FilthySailor View Post
What ever happened to just not liking people because they are a-holes. I mean, every race in the entire world has their fair share of people that are in the "a-hole" category??
...but hey! Who am I to say anything anyway? I'm just a Filthysailor, oh well.
I'm with you 100%.
If more people looked at things this way we'd have less of these types of idiotic threads being started up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-27-2008, 10:23 AM
 
Location: Fairfax
2,880 posts, read 6,166,824 times
Reputation: 1230
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Cow Manure.

Whites are only weary of hoodlums in black neighborhoods.

Blacks on the other hand often have reason to be weary of everyone from retail workers to POLICE officers in white neighborhoods.
I disagree, a black neighborhood would accept a white person living there much less than a white neighborhood would accept a black person.

You must live in fantasy land because there are many black areas that I wouldn't get out of my car in. Affluent white neighborhoods, if they are racist at all, are much more subtle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-27-2008, 10:58 AM
 
Location: ITP
2,133 posts, read 5,618,209 times
Reputation: 1347
To even try to equate the white experience with the black experience in America is extremely insulting. Blatant institutional discrimination and racism against blacks was practiced in this country into the 1970s. Whites have never had crosses systematically burned on their lawns from moving into the wrong neighborhood, whites were never casterated and hung for dating a black woman, whites aren't racially profiled by police, when a white woman is violated or is missing the national media comes to her defense, whites have never faced exclusion from istitutions and occupations, whites have never been obliged to call a black person sir or maam under the threat of violence, white families were never torn apart because family members were sold away like cattle, whites have never been confined to living in an underserved part of a city.

The thing about history is that it affects the present. The world wasn't created in 1970. Things have gotten better, but don't try to patronize people of color and beat your chests about "injustices" that whites face.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-27-2008, 10:59 AM
 
Location: ITP
2,133 posts, read 5,618,209 times
Reputation: 1347
Quote:
Originally Posted by truthhurts View Post
hehe Probably most Indian Reservations in South and North Dakota. It would be a huge strecth to use a lot of major cities, because whites make up the majority of workers, tourist, travelers and do not seem to encounter many or any problems. I'm thinking of Washington DC and most of the neighborhoods in the city are black poor or middle class and whites still make up the majority of travelers through the city and seemingly pass through these areas with little to no problems. (Parts of DC can be very Black power oriented)

However, I would have to say some poorer black neighborhoods, that are "black power" oriented in LA would seem to be a little hostile to whites. Hehe, but they are hostile to blacks as well if you're not part of the "black power movement." Any city you name where you precieve blacks are being hostile to white, you should see how those same blacks treat educated suburban blacks (it is much worse).

The strangest thing is that southern blacks who are treated far worse by whites than most blacks are the nicest people when they encounter whites (not sure if they're just scared of them or what, but at least that is what i noticed).
Wooooweee! I do declauh dat some of my peeps done forgot to tell me 'bout dis black powa thang.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-27-2008, 11:39 AM
 
Location: Fairfax
2,880 posts, read 6,166,824 times
Reputation: 1230
Quote:
Originally Posted by south-to-west View Post
To even try to equate the white experience with the black experience in America is extremely insulting. Blatant institutional discrimination and racism against blacks was practiced in this country into the 1970s. Whites have never had crosses systematically burned on their lawns from moving into the wrong neighborhood, whites were never casterated and hung for dating a black woman, whites aren't racially profiled by police, when a white woman is violated or is missing the national media comes to her defense, whites have never faced exclusion from istitutions and occupations, whites have never been obliged to call a black person sir or maam under the threat of violence, white families were never torn apart because family members were sold away like cattle, whites have never been confined to living in an underserved part of a city.

The thing about history is that it affects the present. The world wasn't created in 1970. Things have gotten better, but don't try to patronize people of color and beat your chests about "injustices" that whites face.
No one said anything about whites as a whole having it as bad as blacks so why take so much offense? The question was simple: what are the areas that are anti-white. It's a perfectly legit question and no one said that whites have faced the same institutional racism that blacks have. But, its not 1970 anymore and there is no institutional racism against blacks. There are, however, many neighborhoods that white people would be foolish to go into, many more than the opposite is all I was saying.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-27-2008, 12:01 PM
 
Location: Los Angeles
5,367 posts, read 12,975,599 times
Reputation: 5348
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMario View Post
South Bronx boy oh boy.....

Brooklyn north hahaha

Harlem

A white person steps to any of these areas and he is GUARANTEED dead.
I have a few white friends who live in Harlem and love it. GUARANTEED dead? Tell me you're just joking?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-27-2008, 12:30 PM
 
746 posts, read 648,358 times
Reputation: 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
Go to any town in the south with a substantial black population. Whites know not to go into black neighborhoods without some form of protection. It's funny that blacks feel perfectly safe in white neighborhoods though.

yes, yes, this makes so much sense. A group of people that murderd, raped, and piliged black areas of the south are now scared to enter all black neighborhoods. I do not know one self respecting white southern that is scared of a black person. (As said to me by a southern white person, although i changed what he used for a black person). Dude, you're so logical. Makes perfect senese considering whites only murderd well over 6000 blacks from 1860-1950 in the south. Most blacks in the south are scared crapless of white folks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-27-2008, 12:36 PM
 
Location: Journey's End
10,189 posts, read 24,907,732 times
Reputation: 3840
It is an unusual question to say the least, but I will respectfully disagree on all of these NYC neighbourhoods.

I have worked in all of them: Brooklyn: BedStuy, Crown Heights, Brownsville, ENY, etc., the Bronx (all over) and have friends of both shades of skin in Harlem, I have never, and I mean never been threatened for a second and my skin colour is neutrally rosy.


Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMario View Post
South Bronx boy oh boy.....

Brooklyn north hahaha

Harlem

A white person steps to any of these areas and he is GUARANTEED dead.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top