U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-29-2008, 07:14 AM

3,861 posts, read 7,601,022 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojojohnson76 View Post
^^ I hate to say it, but I believe that is based on what we know; that is, percentage-wise, there are more racist minorities than there are racist whites.

Most racist whites are inward and you can be their friend for 30 years without ever knowing it, while many minorities are very open about their hatred for whites.
Injecting some truth in to the situation.
How do you know there are more racist minorities than whites, if by you own admission, whites hide their racist beliefs better?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-29-2008, 10:15 AM

8,287 posts, read 11,841,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrapin2212 View Post
No, it you read it carefully, I said that Miami and LA are anti-WHITE....or I guess "anti-American". THey are hostile to anyone who speaks English as their first language or who does not speak Spanish. Watch the rallies where they tell people to "go back to Europe". Also I've read a news story about Hispanic gangs threatning to kill black kids who disrespect Cinco de Mayo by going to school.

A lot of people in LA and Miami believe in Aztlan adn Reconquista and think that those places should belong exclusively to Hispanics. The Mexicans hate "Anglos" and their definition of Anglos includes whites, blacks, and Asians. Mexicans are heavily racist and anti-American, probably more so than anyone in this country with the possible exception of unassimilated Muslims.
First of all Miami is dominated by Cubans for the most part who happen to be white as well so that is complete non sense. I have never seen a rally in Miami where "go back to Europe" was ever held so I guess you must be speaking of LA. Growing up there I did see a lot of "anglos" hold rallies saying "go back to Cuba" and "will the last American leaving Miami please bring the flag?" billboards so there was a lot of animosity after the Mariel boatlift towards anglos who were for the most part "crackers" white trash who fled.

Also there are barely any Mexicans in the Miami area save for Homestead which is the agricultural area southwest of the city and are almost invisible until you get down to that area.

Language is an issue in Miami but that revolves among the newly arrived immigrants from the Caribbean & central and South America. Cubans for the most part are into their 2nd & 3rd generations and are bi lingual or don't even speak Spanish anymore!

People in Miami don't care about Mexicans or their Azlatan claim. I will be very blunt but Mexicans are on the low portion of the totem pole amongst hispanics in the city. There is a pecking order even amongst themselves.

truthhurts Miami does have a sizable african american population in areas such as Liberty City, Overtown, Brownsville, but it does have a lot of Caribbean blacks from Haiti, Jamaica and the islands as well. You were right on your assertion that they don't get along either. I have several black caribbean friends who have said some horrible things about african americans in my presence including the use of the N word if you could believe it.
Of course this is just my perspective but I grew up in the Miami area and have lived there since the mid 70s.

Old 02-29-2008, 10:46 AM

1,353 posts, read 3,206,103 times
Amongst white Americans, we view Cubans and Mexicans as the same.

Old 02-29-2008, 11:32 AM

287 posts, read 250,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yayoi View Post
How do you know there are more racist minorities than whites, if by you own admission, whites hide their racist beliefs better?
Good point. I guess being from an openly-racist small hick town to a city where people only mutter things under their breath, I see it both ways.

Old 02-29-2008, 11:57 AM

8,287 posts, read 11,841,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xavierob82 View Post
Amongst white Americans, we view Cubans and Mexicans as the same.
really? so I guess all white people are the same? No difference between Poles to Swedes to Brits to Spaniards to Italians then right?

Old 02-29-2008, 12:29 PM

746 posts, read 649,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
really? so I guess all white people are the same? No difference between Poles to Swedes to Brits to Spaniards to Italians then right?

MRob, I have to give a short story on this. I'm not sure if its 100% true as nothing ever is 100% certain, but I have a friend that is Portuguese. We were out at a bar talking to a few girls, this is a true story. We introduced ourselves. One girl was a blonde (sorry true story she was). He ended up talking to her. The conversation no joke went exactly like this

Blonde Chick "Where are you from?"

Portuguese Friend "My Parents are from Portugal, but I was born in the US"

Blonde Chick "Oh cool, so you do you speak Spanish fluently?" (True story folks)

Portuguese Friend "Eh, no not all that well"

Blonde Chick "Portugal is sorta close to Brazil right?"

Portuguese Friend "Yes, it is I’ll be right back" -(he was being sarcastic)

We walked away, but seriously I almost spit my drink out when she asked if he spoke Spanish Fluently.

Anyway point of the story is you would be surprised how many Americans of all races mistake Spanish speaking peoples or Portuguese speaking individuals as all Latin and from South America.

Last edited by truthhurts; 02-29-2008 at 01:21 PM..

Old 02-29-2008, 12:36 PM

11,177 posts, read 22,391,357 times
Quote:
I would agree, I don't think the average American takes the time to think of differences....they're white Europeans...

Old 02-29-2008, 02:29 PM

287 posts, read 250,749 times
Quote:
Uhh, yes. We are all called "white" or "caucasian" in America.

Old 02-29-2008, 08:49 PM

469 posts, read 2,557,223 times
I've been all over the South and the only city I'd be nervous to stroll through the black neighborhoods is New Orleans. But hell, I'm kinda nervous strolling through the French Quarter in New Orleans!

Old 02-29-2008, 11:42 PM

3,070 posts, read 10,709,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMario View Post
I am dead serious. Hmmm I find it hard to believe that for a visit in NYC, you'd step into Harlem out of all places. Lol sure buddy, you go up to thugs in Harlem projects and they welcome you with open arms...and you're white! lololol.....educate yourself, Harlem has plenty of videos on youtube. Go watch a few of those, then come back to me with the same story. If there's ANY place where white's arent welcomed, it's the black mecca of the US....Harlem NY.

Why not really for south Bronx? Let me guess, you've been to the Patterson houses and they also welcomed you with open arms!.....you're talking out your ass on this one. I live here guy, come on now.

An I am tired of hearing about these same cities. There are MANY cities like these. Everyplace has a slum or a ghetto...whether it's in NYC, LA, Cleveland etc..it doesn't matter. You're just as likely to get killed in the south Bronx, than you are in any of those places. The only difference is that those cities have less good areas but bad is bad anywhere. If you want stats, just ask.

Try me.
I visited NYC for months at a time and I stayed at my cousins house who lives just a few blocks from Harlem, so yes I have been to Harlem in the day and the night, in the winter and summer. Yes I did walk up to people on the sidewalk in front of the projects and nothing bad happened to me. I have also took the bus over there and subways and walked all up and down Lenox ave. and a lot of other streets. Keep in mind that when I was walking around I was expecting to see some bad stuff happen and I knew that something bad could possibly happen to me, but nothing ever did and that changed how I see Harlem, its not as bad as everyone says.

If you noticed I said that those cities are worse than N Minneapolis, I was replying to another post made. I didnt say anything about the South Bronx when I said the other cities were worse than it. All I said about the South Bronx is that it looks 10 times better than it used to and it is safer than it used to be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or