Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2008, 06:31 AM

746 posts, read 845,910 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamiman View Post
Miami and LA are not anti-black.

22% of Miami residents are black. Are some residents against themselves?

11% of Los Angeles residents are black and 10% are Asiana. There are communities within LA that blacks and Asians face hostility, but you cannot make the egregious claim that LA is anti-black or Asian.

Yea, but they are not black americans. They are black in color, but are not native to this country. They are like most non-native black groups, they tend not to like the native blacks. The same goes for Africans, Caribeans, and Dominicans. I remember living in the northeast and Boston had a decent size black population, but only a small portion probably less than 2-3% were native blacks, so i'm black and oddly enough I do not consider them black. I consider them jamican, dominican, carribean, or where ever else they are from. However, I consider their American born children black. No different than i would consider a Canadain if they were to move here. I would call them canadian and not American white, but if they had children in this country than id say the children would be American white.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2008, 06:52 AM

5,720 posts, read 20,046,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cle440 View Post
Are you serious about this??? Im white and I have been to Harlem every time I have been to New York and I have never had a problem there, I talked to some of the people just hanging out in front of projects and they were all friendly. Yes, Harlem is still mostly black but there are a lot of white moving in and around Harlem. Also I dont understand how you are guaranteed dead when every street I went on in Harlem had 2-3 cop cars on it. South Bronx? not really. Some areas of North Brooklyn is the only place I give you that might be kind of dangerous, but only a very small area of it.
I am dead serious. Hmmm I find it hard to believe that for a visit in NYC, you'd step into Harlem out of all places. Lol sure buddy, you go up to thugs in Harlem projects and they welcome you with open arms...and you're white! lololol.....educate yourself, Harlem has plenty of videos on youtube. Go watch a few of those, then come back to me with the same story. If there's ANY place where white's arent welcomed, it's the black mecca of the US....Harlem NY.

Why not really for south Bronx? Let me guess, you've been to the Patterson houses and they also welcomed you with open arms!.....you're talking out your ass on this one. I live here guy, come on now.

Quote:
and North Minneapolis, I hope you are joking with this too. Minneapolis has a very small black population and only has a very small area in North Minneapolis that is majority black by far. North Minneapolis is not nearly as dangerous as people think. Look at areas in Detroit/Baltimore/Philly/Cleveland before you try to say that N Minneapolis is bad.
An I am tired of hearing about these same cities. There are MANY cities like these. Everyplace has a slum or a ghetto...whether it's in NYC, LA, Cleveland etc..it doesn't matter. You're just as likely to get killed in the south Bronx, than you are in any of those places. The only difference is that those cities have less good areas but bad is bad anywhere. If you want stats, just ask.

Try me.

Quote:
Actually, none of them live in the gentrified parts. And like I said, they love living in Harlem. So everyone that enters these parts is a victim of some crime? SuperMario, you sound more like DudMario. Give me a break.
Moderator cut: please calm down

Did you know that East Harlem in NYC, had the HIGHEST crime rate in the city this year?

Did you know that West Harlem was also among the tops.

Did you know that Lennox ave in Central Harlem is among the worst streets in the city?

Again....you want stats?

Moderator cut: please calm down

Last edited by Yac; 05-22-2009 at 06:24 AM..

Old 02-28-2008, 08:25 AM

2,138 posts, read 6,319,162 times
I have never heard of an incident of a white family getting harrassed or terrorized out of a neighborhood. If it has happened, then it is an EXTREMELY RARE occurrance. White families move into black neighborhoods all of the time these days. IT'S CALLED GENTRIFICATION!!!

Old 02-28-2008, 08:36 AM

284 posts, read 1,657,164 times
There is a difference between a primarily minority area and a hostile toward non-minority area. To assume they are one in the same - as some posters who have listed areas that are simply dominated by minorities - is ignorant and does not answer the OP's question.

That being said, I can list dozens of minority populated areas where I've spend time, but cannot name one that is "anti-white." Not saying they're not out there, but the general areas of North Minneapolis, Harlem, South Bronx and North Brooklyn are not among them, in my experience. Maybe some very specific blocks or buildings, but not as a general rule. And as a 100-lb woman who's physically as "white" as one can get, who would refrain from letting me know I wasn't welcome?

Old 02-28-2008, 09:35 AM

10,214 posts, read 15,920,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miamiman View Post
Miami and LA are not anti-black.

22% of Miami residents are black. Are some residents against themselves?

11% of Los Angeles residents are black and 10% are Asiana. There are communities within LA that blacks and Asians face hostility, but you cannot make the egregious claim that LA is anti-black or Asian.
No, it you read it carefully, I said that Miami and LA are anti-WHITE....or I guess "anti-American". THey are hostile to anyone who speaks English as their first language or who does not speak Spanish. Watch the rallies where they tell people to "go back to Europe". Also I've read a news story about Hispanic gangs threatning to kill black kids who disrespect Cinco de Mayo by going to school.

A lot of people in LA and Miami believe in Aztlan adn Reconquista and think that those places should belong exclusively to Hispanics. The Mexicans hate "Anglos" and their definition of Anglos includes whites, blacks, and Asians. Mexicans are heavily racist and anti-American, probably more so than anyone in this country with the possible exception of unassimilated Muslims.

Old 02-28-2008, 09:55 AM

1,348 posts, read 3,586,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrapin2212 View Post
No, it you read it carefully, I said that Miami and LA are anti-WHITE....or I guess "anti-American". THey are hostile to anyone who speaks English as their first language or who does not speak Spanish. Watch the rallies where they tell people to "go back to Europe". Also I've read a news story about Hispanic gangs threatning to kill black kids who disrespect Cinco de Mayo by going to school.

A lot of people in LA and Miami believe in Aztlan adn Reconquista and think that those places should belong exclusively to Hispanics. The Mexicans hate "Anglos" and their definition of Anglos includes whites, blacks, and Asians. Mexicans are heavily racist and anti-American, probably more so than anyone in this country with the possible exception of unassimilated Muslims.

Most of what you say is just shrill nonsense with no basis in reality.

Old 02-28-2008, 10:12 AM

I think the problem is that whites are not used to being in the minority and when they are, they automatically assume the worst in people. Welcome to our world! Minorities on a large part are used to being "the only one" in the room, and for that we have been forced to judge many by the content of their character. However, when you get a white person in a situation when they're "the only one", they are more likely to become uncomfortable and second-guessing.

Old 02-28-2008, 01:50 PM

287 posts, read 350,521 times
^^ I hate to say it, but I believe that is based on what we know; that is, percentage-wise, there are more racist minorities than there are racist whites.

Most racist whites are inward and you can be their friend for 30 years without ever knowing it, while many minorities are very open about their hatred for whites.

Injecting some truth in to the situation.

Old 02-28-2008, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojojohnson76 View Post
^^ I hate to say it, but I believe that is based on what we know; that is, percentage-wise, there are more racist minorities than there are racist whites.

Most racist whites are inward and you can be their friend for 30 years without ever knowing it, while many minorities are very open about their hatred for whites.

More racist minorities than racist whites? Obviously since whites are at the bottom of every sociological statistic and indicator in this country.

Old 02-28-2008, 09:49 PM

746 posts, read 845,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojojohnson76 View Post

No, no, wait everyone lets hear him out and put his test on paper. Let's say, that a minority group like blacks are 40% racist towards whites. Now lets assume that whites are only 20% racist towards blacks.

Okay there are only 35 million blacks so let's do the math

35*.4 = 14 Million Racist Blacks, that may or may not come into contact with whites

Okay there are only 220 million whites so let's do the math

220*.2 = 44 Million Racist Whites, that may or may not come into contact with blacks

44/14 = 3x more racist whites than blacks even if blacks have a higher percentage of racist like this jug head believes. Just pointing out the silliness of his statment.

Just injecting some mathamatical truth into this subject .....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.