U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2008, 12:21 AM

357 posts, read 1,251,309 times

Advertisements

what neighborhoods, cities or areas in the US tend to have alot of nonwhite people that will heckle/attack white people because of racial hatred? are there some minority areas that are more anti or pro- white than others? i heard the black parts of milwaukee are pretty racist compared to the black parts of other cities
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2008, 04:30 AM

Location: Originally Fayetteville, Arkansas/ now Seattle, Washington!
1,047 posts, read 3,594,575 times
Miami, Florida. Even with that being so, I kinda miss Miami, theres just something about it

Old 02-27-2008, 04:58 AM

746 posts, read 648,358 times
hehe Probably most Indian Reservations in South and North Dakota. It would be a huge strecth to use a lot of major cities, because whites make up the majority of workers, tourist, travelers and do not seem to encounter many or any problems. I'm thinking of Washington DC and most of the neighborhoods in the city are black poor or middle class and whites still make up the majority of travelers through the city and seemingly pass through these areas with little to no problems. (Parts of DC can be very Black power oriented)

However, I would have to say some poorer black neighborhoods, that are "black power" oriented in LA would seem to be a little hostile to whites. Hehe, but they are hostile to blacks as well if you're not part of the "black power movement." Any city you name where you precieve blacks are being hostile to white, you should see how those same blacks treat educated suburban blacks (it is much worse).

The strangest thing is that southern blacks who are treated far worse by whites than most blacks are the nicest people when they encounter whites (not sure if they're just scared of them or what, but at least that is what i noticed).

Old 02-27-2008, 06:02 AM

32,343 posts, read 55,140,686 times
Minority Areas that are "pro" white? What a laugh.

Forgive me for saying this, but we arent created equal and minorities have had to fight tooth and nail to get ahead in a system that has been specifically oriented towards the benefit of whites.

Now you wonder aloud about whites being "attacked"-like your some downtrodden and historically oppressed people-AS IF

Old 02-27-2008, 07:04 AM

8,193 posts, read 22,323,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Minority Areas that are "pro" white? What a laugh.

Forgive me for saying this, but we arent created equal and minorities have had to fight tooth and nail to get ahead in a system that has been specifically oriented towards the benefit of whites.

Now you wonder aloud about whites being "attacked"-like your some downtrodden and historically oppressed people-AS IF
What ever happened in the past should be used as an example of what not to do in the future. Also, you got to keep in mind that historically, everyone who was an immigrant was treated like a second class citizen regardless of how 'white' the European country was that he came from. Maybe white Americans originally tried to keep the black man down, but these days the most crime and degradation towards minorities comes from other minorities.

Anyways, there are parts of West Oakland where you don't walk through if you are white. There are parts of West Oakland that you don't walk through at night if you are non-black.

Old 02-27-2008, 07:22 AM

9,807 posts, read 13,451,669 times
Red Lake Indian Reservation in Minnesota

North Minneapolis

East St Louis

Old 02-27-2008, 07:29 AM

5,515 posts, read 17,676,118 times
South Bronx boy oh boy.....

Brooklyn north hahaha

Harlem

A white person steps to any of these areas and he is GUARANTEED dead.

Old 02-27-2008, 07:36 AM

170 posts, read 437,128 times
What ever happened to just not liking people because they are a-holes. I mean, every race in the entire world has their fair share of people that are in the "a-hole" category??
...but hey! Who am I to say anything anyway? I'm just a Filthysailor, oh well.

Old 02-27-2008, 08:06 AM

2,880 posts, read 6,166,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by truthhurts View Post
hehe Probably most Indian Reservations in South and North Dakota. It would be a huge strecth to use a lot of major cities, because whites make up the majority of workers, tourist, travelers and do not seem to encounter many or any problems. I'm thinking of Washington DC and most of the neighborhoods in the city are black poor or middle class and whites still make up the majority of travelers through the city and seemingly pass through these areas with little to no problems. (Parts of DC can be very Black power oriented)

However, I would have to say some poorer black neighborhoods, that are "black power" oriented in LA would seem to be a little hostile to whites. Hehe, but they are hostile to blacks as well if you're not part of the "black power movement." Any city you name where you precieve blacks are being hostile to white, you should see how those same blacks treat educated suburban blacks (it is much worse).

The strangest thing is that southern blacks who are treated far worse by whites than most blacks are the nicest people when they encounter whites (not sure if they're just scared of them or what, but at least that is what i noticed).
It's not the 1950s. southern blacks are not treated worse by whites than blacks of other areas. Jeez. There is racism everywhere.

Folks, we live in a very racist world, in places like L.A. its every race for themselves. It's not a white vs. black thing there, its black vs latino vs white. Those "black power" places in L.A. you mentioned are going to be hostile to anyone non-black. Unfortunately racism is present (to some degree) among all groups and places.

As to the original question, I've heard that Hawaii can be hostile to whites, but then again I've never been there and it may be just as off base as Truthhurts saying that about the South.

Old 02-27-2008, 08:23 AM

14,962 posts, read 31,357,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyr View Post
what neighborhoods, cities or areas in the US tend to have alot of nonwhite people that will heckle/attack white people because of racial hatred? are there some minority areas that are more anti or pro- white than others? i heard the black parts of milwaukee are pretty racist compared to the black parts of other cities
Go to any town in the south with a substantial black population. Whites know not to go into black neighborhoods without some form of protection. It's funny that blacks feel perfectly safe in white neighborhoods though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or